PDA

View Full Version : Octane window tint

jastra
6th May 2010, 08:20 PM
Hey guys anyone got it yet?? Thinking of getting it because I want something dark but don't want to be getting in trouble with the bacon. Got bolle atm just wondering if anyone knows if it is considerably darker or only slightly and not worth changing.

Cheers

gmonkey
6th May 2010, 09:27 PM
bolle tint is pretty dark..

ive got 20% on myn and the bolle is close to it so i doubt ur going to get much darker without doing wat i did

Neeko
6th May 2010, 11:49 PM
I would only go darker if your current tint is slightly damaged or starting to fade. Other wise a small decrease in visible light would not be worth forking out the money to get ur film removed and new tint applied. Unless your going from 35% to 5% then the difference is quite significant.

gmonkey
6th May 2010, 11:51 PM
Can u apply a tint over another tint?

jastra
6th May 2010, 11:51 PM
orite thanks for the heads up guys :) looks like im not getting the hoobahaben triplets :P

Neeko
6th May 2010, 11:58 PM
Can u apply a tint over another tint?

yes, but optical clarity goes right out the window. Like looking through milky glass.
Extremely durable for teenage attacks though

jastra
7th May 2010, 12:05 AM
is there anything u can put on the windscreen? or is anything illegal?

gmonkey
7th May 2010, 12:37 AM
Some windscreen glass is pretinted and there is word of ability to tint windscreens upto 85% coming soon but other than all u can hav is the strip at the top done

poita
7th May 2010, 01:01 AM
Some windscreen glass is pretinted and there is word of ability to tint windscreens upto 85% coming soon but other than all u can hav is the strip at the top done

stupid imo

Shay
7th May 2010, 01:13 AM
stupid imo

haha, 85% VLT still means it can be mirrored, which will be awesome for getting out of speeding fines.

gmonkey
7th May 2010, 03:08 AM
stupid imo

still better than no tint :p guy who did myn tints windscreens upto 5% (not recommended!!) illegal ofcourse

Neeko
7th May 2010, 08:24 AM
is there anything u can put on the windscreen? or is anything illegal?

Only thing you can put on is a 5% strip across the top.

We'll never be aloud to tint windscreens, its extremely dangerous because u have to make decisions at a very high speed. If anything was to impair that it would definitely cause mayor dramas. Not to mention the reflection you would get of your dash would make driving very irritating and polarised sunnies wouldnt help either because they make tint appear to be rainbow coloured.

haha, 85% VLT still means it can be mirrored, which will be awesome for getting out of speeding fines.

shouldnt be speeding

jastra
7th May 2010, 10:06 AM
What's the difference between wearing sunnies and front windscreen tinted? I'd it was u wouldn't need sunnies anyway lol

Neeko
7th May 2010, 10:43 AM
What's the difference between wearing sunnies and front windscreen tinted? I'd it was u wouldn't need sunnies anyway lol
even worn sunnies at night? :p

jastra
7th May 2010, 10:57 AM
lol good point... idiot -facepalm-

gmonkey
7th May 2010, 01:20 PM
Also the point that the sunnies lens are up against ur eyes there's no gap for glare compared to a windscreen :p