PDA

View Full Version : Pink Donut kng Corsa

jasnae
4th May 2010, 05:36 PM
Guys, have posted this in the new members section but thought I might try here as well,
This Cora has come up for sale, anyone have any info on it at all, asking price is approx 10k with all spares and on trailer.
Thoughts?

Jason

MatsHolden
4th May 2010, 07:01 PM
Price sounds pretty reasonable. You'd have to check to see if the ROPS is constructed from chromoly or not. If it is, then it has a limited life span and is next to useless once it's reached it's end of life.

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 07:12 PM
Trying to find info on it. Looks like some of the previous owners were on the eurocar club forums. Not sure if it's just me being on TPG but I can't acces their site eurocca.net

Here's a pic I found though

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/Drew325iS/MorganPark013.jpg

MatsHolden
4th May 2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah I think you're right Rory. There's also footage of it on the track on youtube. Not sure why they decided to cut a hole in the roof... lol Not when you're trying to keep the body as rigid as possible.

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 07:20 PM
Oh, and some track footage of the same car, sounds awesome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tg7c0JuRW0

jasnae
4th May 2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys, that is the car as it was in donut king spec, It has a factory electric sunroof and in dash factory sat nav, I know the car is cams log booked, cage is not chrome molly, think it is a pretty good buy for the money, has got 9000 miles on the speedo since new.

gmonkey
4th May 2010, 07:33 PM
Never liked idea of buying a 2nd hand race car it's great value for money but I found it was half the fun when I built my own..

gmonkey
4th May 2010, 07:35 PM
Sunroof on a track car hahah almost same as a roof scoop :p lol

jasnae
4th May 2010, 07:37 PM
I agree, but I could not come close to building a car with the spec list as this thing for the money.

gmonkey
4th May 2010, 07:38 PM
Yeh it is great value for money that's for sure!

jasnae
4th May 2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks, anything in particular to look for on these things in the way of faults?

gmonkey
4th May 2010, 07:46 PM
One thing also to consider is are those seats fixed or on rails? If fixed it can be a hassle to change as need new engineering cert and cams may wanna reinspect

jasnae
4th May 2010, 08:04 PM
Only a single seater at the moment, seat is fixed but has about 6 different mounting locations in the side, I dont think it would be an issue to move back a little (I am a bit taller than the current owner).

MatsHolden
4th May 2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks, anything in particular to look for on these things in the way of faults?

It's hard to say on a car that's been used as a race car. Only thing would be the timing belt.. not a fault as such but they have been known to snap which is why the intervals for changing them were reduced, so might be worth putting on a new belt. Wheel bearings are another item that are known to pack up. Suspension bushes wear quite quickly in some cases. But again it's been used as a race car so all the components are going to have had 'abnormal' stress and strain placed on them and there's obviously going to be some components that they've upgraded anyway. ANy other little known problems with Corsa C's I wouldn't even worry about for a car that's only being used as a track/race car.