PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Throttle Bodies - Z20LEx Engines

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 04:45 PM
Well I posted up a few shots of what Regal were working on last week or the week before, now Courtenays are looking at doing the same thing.

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?act=latestNews&article=40

Gonna speak to Mark tonight to see if I can get some more details.

CNBLU
3rd May 2010, 05:17 PM
Im in Rory

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 05:28 PM
Im in Rory

lol, will see the different "quoted figures" from both Courtenay and Regal when they are released. They both say that the intake manifold is the most restrictive part so that would need doing first, which is what I think we would both be doing anyway :) Come on tax time, i need some money, lol.

poita
3rd May 2010, 05:34 PM
is it just me or is the courtenay site down

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 06:17 PM

Nah, went down just after I posted the link, grrrr

chrissn89
3rd May 2010, 06:18 PM
its not working on my puter either.

Shay
3rd May 2010, 06:47 PM
Rory and Gav, you goin with the Plastic intake manifold?

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 06:51 PM
Rory and Gav, you goin with the Plastic intake manifold?

Whats the plastic intake manifold? lol

Shay
3rd May 2010, 06:54 PM
Whats the plastic intake manifold? lol

obviously you havent been looking at courtenay enough...

umm look on the Garret conversion page (for astra H), there is a section saying they are working on 2 different plastic intake manifolds, looks like they might phase out the cast ones.

i know that ford are using a plastic manifold on the new FG series of 6's

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 06:57 PM
Hmmm, haven't seen those ones, you sure it wasn't the prototype of the Klassen one they sell?

Shay
3rd May 2010, 06:59 PM
Hmmm, haven't seen those ones, you sure it wasn't the prototype of the Klassen one they sell?

not too sure.
id double check and get the link if the site was up.

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 07:28 PM
if you type klasen prototype into google images, are you talking about the 2nd and 3rd one?

[OPCSRi]
3rd May 2010, 07:44 PM
Nice bit of Kit the Intake Manifold and match it with the oversized Throttle Body..................Boy oh Boy!!! that's going to liven up the Nurb or anyone else doing the mod.

Shay
3rd May 2010, 09:02 PM
if you type klasen prototype into google images, are you talking about the 2nd and 3rd one?

are yep yep, those are the ones.

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 09:12 PM
are yep yep, those are the ones.

Ah ok, yeah, they're just the prototype ones of the production one they sell. Not sure which one to go for yet, waiting to hear a bit more on both. Apparently there was a bad batch made for both manifolds, EDS and Klasen.

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 10:12 AM
And their site is back up :)

boorny88
4th May 2010, 10:18 AM
not bad but its a swap of throttle bodies

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 12:27 PM
not bad but its a swap of throttle bodies

Yeah, i'll work that out at a later stage, should be able to get a cheap second hand one in the UK to send to them for an exchange, will save on postage too :p

Wraith
4th May 2010, 12:31 PM
obviously you havent been looking at courtenay enough...

umm look on the Garret conversion page (for astra H), there is a section saying they are working on 2 different plastic intake manifolds, looks like they might phase out the cast ones.

i know that ford are using a plastic manifold on the new FG series of 6's

OEM manufacturers have been using plastic/polymer compound intake manifolds for a long time now - about time the aftermarket caught up :)

These for the turbo Astra look good...

Keep'emRunning
4th May 2010, 03:24 PM
my partners '04 vvti corolla uses a plastic inlet manifold.. about the only thing not plastic on it is the block itself :D

Brilliant and well thought out engine though.

kabel
4th May 2010, 11:08 PM
And Rory...you know I am in !

Received an uprated actuator from Courtenay`s on Monday....along with cam belt kit and waterpump and cooler thermostat.
Ordered last Wednesday night.
Service from these guys is fantastic !

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 11:10 PM
Gees, that is quick! They're the same with my deliveries, can't fault them, with the exception of being poms, lol. They (poms) give me crap about the cricket and mark webber every time i speak to them :)

kabel
5th May 2010, 08:47 AM
Gees, that is quick! They're the same with my deliveries, can't fault them, with the exception of being poms, lol. They (poms) give me crap about the cricket and mark webber every time i speak to them :)
Talk about the weather then !
I am almost ready to have all my parts installed.......just waiting on the outcome of the other VXR with insurance so I can guage how long we will be down a car.

Nurb608
24th May 2010, 12:53 PM
Quick update on these. Courtenay and Regal have yet to release them but the guy that is making them for them already has http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ENLARGED-THROTTLE-BODY-Z20LEH-ASTRA-ZAFIRA-VXR-/160437081523?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255acb95b3

Not sure what the price will be from the others but he will be the supplier to Courtenays, Regal and possibly LMF.

kabel
16th June 2010, 10:13 PM
Cheers for the update.