PDA

View Full Version : Chinese car market set to test Aussie waters

Ice
1st May 2010, 01:29 AM
Woah !

Seen the names of the new manufacturers seeking to grab some of the market ?

http://www.theage.com.au/national/china-gears-up-to-entice-local-car-buyers-20100430-tzgd.html

gmonkey
1st May 2010, 01:30 AM
there is a new chinese supercar out recently actually looks decent...

Vectracious
1st May 2010, 10:22 PM
they make a good point in the article. A lot of new car buyers are not car enthusiasts and just want to get a good deal. Its entirely likely that these guys are going to be selling small cars for less than 10K and midsizes for probably around the 15K mark - and they will probably be well equipped as well. Throw in a 3 year warranty - it would be a no brainer to go for that rather than a 20+K Jap or Euro small car with less equipment.

No, it wont have 5 Star ANCAP but look at Holden with their TK Barina - that was shithouse but it flew out the door....

poita
1st May 2010, 10:29 PM
sadly pete thats the way everythings going, notice it more and more at work

ppl dont care if its good or not, they only want to spend $xxxx amount on it.

hazrd
2nd May 2010, 08:53 PM
but look at Holden with their TK Barina - that was shithouse but it flew out the door....

but it has a sunroof now.........

:rolleyes:

Wraith
3rd May 2010, 12:36 PM
'Great Wall' brand vehicles are already been sold here...

gmonkey
3rd May 2010, 04:11 PM
Yeh and great wall have had terrible reviews and terrible sales so far...

Wraith
6th May 2010, 12:40 PM
Yeh and great wall have had terrible reviews and terrible sales so far...

Good TV add though :D

gmonkey
6th May 2010, 01:15 PM

Really one I've seen was pretty crap... "I'm a tradie and I need a ute for all my tools" "well you need a greatwall 'ute' fir all ur business needs". That's one I've seen and there was a family one too.

Speaking of ads just saw the Lexus lfa being advertised on tv the other night! Can't wait to see one on the road!

glider
6th May 2010, 04:36 PM

no its not a good tv ad. its a great one... :spew:

Speaking of ads just saw the Lexus lfa being advertised on tv the other night! Can't wait to see one on the road!

yeah they had an advert for it in the old imax cinema when I saw iron man 2.... not sure why they're advertising a 375k (US) car that is only having a run of 500...

Neeko
6th May 2010, 05:39 PM
great wall.... yay