PDA

View Full Version : Test drive BMW 1 series

Pharkus
6th October 2004, 12:31 PM
Just got a call from BMW and will be booked in for a test drive of the 1 series early November. Will keep you guys posted on what I thought.

Just priced one up as well, for fun.

After options $52,000 before on roads!?!?!?!!? :shock:

Anonymous
6th October 2004, 12:37 PM
...... man now that alot for a 110kw car..... :? :? :roll: :roll: ah well what can you do hey?

Smokey
6th October 2004, 01:18 PM
Or you can buy a Calibra that has 110kw + for around $10,000. :):):)

BoostedAstra
6th October 2004, 02:02 PM
If only the diesel was comin to Australia......

Oh well the next best thing I suppose..... mind u wouldn't get a petrol one, in the 1 it would be diesel or nuthin...... Sooooo much torque for a lil car.......

Always wanted to see a lil euro takin it to the japs on a drift circuit......

Julian

Jackson
6th October 2004, 02:06 PM
saw one driving today, might take a bit to get used to, looks kinda squashed

Pharkus
6th October 2004, 02:33 PM
Well, performance wise it is expected to be pretty much on par with the astra. I mean 110 kw and 200nm torque. Almost exactly the same.

Power is good but where are you going to use it?

Seus
6th October 2004, 04:33 PM
so did the cop speed off to try catch the audi, even though it had made an exit off the freeway?

for sure it had already taken down the license

Pharkus
6th October 2004, 04:38 PM
Copper didn't even try to go after the audi. He was just happy it got out the way and increased speed to warp 9.7.

Hope I don't get done cos the audi was an absolute idiot

krayzastra
6th October 2004, 09:42 PM
haha, funny stuff. I don't think the coppa wil do ya, cause if he was going to he woulda already done it.

Nice, rolling with the guys in blue

imad4u
6th October 2004, 09:50 PM
the bmw one series isnt too bad for a rear wheel drive :twisted:

EGG80X
6th October 2004, 09:50 PM
So moral of this story is that yeah power is good but where are you going to use it?

go to a track day

Pharkus
6th October 2004, 10:03 PM
MMM tack day. Could mean a custom spray painted helmet. I'm sure the missus would be happy with that. Maybe I could learn to drift on purpose then. :lol:

Yeah wanna actually see what the new Astra is like. I'm of the opinion that most cars are made with roughly the same sort of quality now anyway. We'll see

astra_city
7th October 2004, 02:04 AM
yeah 1 series would be very nice if I had the money and a bit extra for a turbo kitt :P BMW's are really nice though, their quality is the best I've ever seen (my dads coupe anyway, apparently some of the latest one's aren't quite as good), so it'll be interesting to see what the 1 is like.

jch75
7th October 2004, 08:39 PM
Hmmm yeah. I am sure it is a nice car.............but with 1 series starting at just under $40000 - man they will be as common as holden & fords. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it just takes away the prestige of BMW. I mean, they are supposed to be unaffordable.........(for the average joe)..............

I am sure that company is not stuggling for buyers that much................... i wouldn't think there would be a need to do what they have done................ i dunno if it is a bad marketing move or not.

Its like saying "i own a ferrari", so you assume it cost $300 000, not $40 GDOGS.

I guess they figure, more sales more $$$.

vwt
8th October 2004, 10:42 AM
$2990.00 dealer delivery is a joke

jch75
9th October 2004, 01:06 PM
Personally, of all the small hatches, I like the VW Golf R32 (for performance) and the Alfa 147GTA (for looks).

R32 kicks butt in procar.

Rhino
11th October 2004, 11:59 AM
I guess that's when knowing someone that works for BMW comes in handy...