PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

CamB
30th April 2010, 04:00 PM
Hi All, just signed up. Very happy to have found this forum. Until now, I've only known about the UK-based sites - which are great, but obviously can't match this one for local Australian content.

I have stock-standard Astra CDTi 6spd manual - so I'm not on the same wavelength as those of you who do major mods to your cars - but so be it.

Bottom line is that I'm a huge Astra CDTi fan - although I admit to becoming a bit jaded over the past week, after my alternator died at 45,000 km and I discovered it is apparently a common problem....

Anyway, glad to be part of OpelAus.

guy 27
30th April 2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome to OA

sooty
30th April 2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome mate.
Unfortunately you've experienced one of the rather numerous "common" faults with the CDTi, but they're a great car when they're in working order.

btm
30th April 2010, 04:15 PM
g'day and welcome to the site!

hopefully she was still under warranty?

Nurb608
30th April 2010, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the site mate, nothing wrong with the performance of the CDTi's!

DIXIE
30th April 2010, 04:34 PM
welcome!

yeah the UK based forums suck.. seems everyone over there is too scared to work on their own cars :P u wont find that here :D

gmonkey
30th April 2010, 04:38 PM
Welcome to forum mate first matter of business ditch the lions and get some blitz badges! If u ever need more performance for fun get a greenbox tune.

boorny88
30th April 2010, 04:52 PM
welcome to OA mate enjoy ur time

Shay
30th April 2010, 06:20 PM
Welcome mate.
Good to have another Perth member.
What colour?

ChrisMaz
1st May 2010, 01:04 AM
Welcome mate.
Perth Bloke on here is selling/sold his CDTi, absolute little rocket when it was greenboxed.

Hope to see you on some cruises.

gmonkey
1st May 2010, 01:20 AM
hes thinking of keeping it now last i heard :p

Mr & Mrs Vectra
3rd May 2010, 11:33 PM
Welcome aboard Cam, good to have another westerner.

Don't worry mate, you've made a Vec owner feel better. The last regulator on one of ours barely lasted two years and caused no end of grief.

Enjoy the forums and the fun of auto elecs.........:RollingEyes: