PDA

View Full Version : CTP Insurance - CIC Allianz

btm
30th April 2010, 12:46 PM
bizare story... my CTP & rego are up for renewal for my bike. its always been with CIC Allianz cause they were the cheapest going around

jumped online today to pay the $659 (ouch, bike ctp hurts :( ) and there is a big notice saying they no longer accept credit card payments! WTF?? the only two ways you can pay now is by posting in a cheque or money order, or by paying in person at their head office in the city (cash or cheque only). not even a bpay option or anything else

i mean seriously... what are they thinking not allowing you to pay online (like i always have with them) especially in this day and age... :out:

Anyway, exactly 3 minutes later i was signed up with GIO as a new CTP holder with them for exactly the same amount and paid with my credit card online - simple, it was all just too easy

anyone else noticed something as dumb as this with CIC Allianz or any other insurer? they have just lost all my business with them

Vectracious
30th April 2010, 12:51 PM
Just the greenslips or all their insurance business.

Maybe they just want to give the greenslip stuff away (sorry - our CTP is built into our rego here in Vic so we don't have to get it anywhere else so not sure how it works up there.)

metry
5th May 2010, 12:12 AM
when i bought my astra i got ir from a dealer so the ctp was with allianz. i found it cheaper to go through gio which was who i was comprehensively insured with.

hazrd
5th May 2010, 07:50 AM
when i lived in nsw it was NRMA for me... i agree with Pete though... if u dont want to manage a product anymore, just make it difficult for the customer to pay for it

and everything built into the one rego here in vic...PLUS paying for it all online.. FTW!!!!!