PDA

View Full Version : Introducing our Vec B-filled garage.

Mr & Mrs Vectra
26th April 2010, 01:07 AM
G'day folks,

Well, having 4 posts up now I thought I'd better put up an intro.........

Mrs. V & I are a couple of Melbournians currently lost somewhere in the GAFA, WA.

We have a couple of 2000, JSII Vec B's. A C22SEL-powered estate, and mine, a X25XE-driven hatch. Sorry Shay, there both autos mate. :nonod:

While one (the Aussie made one :ihih: ) has been a right pain in the ass, my baby has had nothing but fuel, oil, brake pads and a battery go into her and is a living proof that all those misguided Vectra-haters out there are just plain wrong.

Although neither of the beasts have much in the way of mods, and I'm not looking to join the ranks of the Fast & Furious (too old for that), they both roll on aftermarket wheels and there is the odd Blitzkreig-inspired lightning bolt lurking about.

The future has a 3.8 bar FPR in the mail and you never know, a sprinkle of silicone, smoked repeaters and the like is always possible. Exhaust and suspension will just have to wait until they need doing. Overall though, I think standard is the new modified!

While the search for answers has brought us here, hopefully I can also help find some solutions for others too.

Cheers to all,

Chris & Kel

gmonkey
26th April 2010, 01:52 AM
welcome :) vectra wagon thats a new one on here :) and i still like the facelift liftback... if only it was a 3dr coupe/liftback

Nurb608
26th April 2010, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the site guys!

metry
26th April 2010, 11:14 AM
welcome to the forums. Your vectra hatch looks hot with the rims

hazrd
26th April 2010, 02:07 PM
very nice rides guys
and trust me, i feel your pain on your mention of "vectra haters proven wrong" ive had my calibra for 2 years (plenty of "calibra haters" out there) and the only faults on it were self inflicted :lol:

welcome, glad you enjoy the site :)

guy 27
26th April 2010, 02:18 PM
welcome to OA

Jerram
26th April 2010, 03:43 PM
welcome along- good to get an estate owner on

sooty
26th April 2010, 05:13 PM
Welcome to OA mate, hope you like cleaning the veccy's with all that red dust hanging around :p

nuggz
26th April 2010, 08:08 PM
Wooo some with multiple vecs! I'm not alone! Welcome mate, if you need some tuning tips on the 6 let me know

Shay
26th April 2010, 08:39 PM
We have a couple of 2000, JSII Vec B's. A C22SEL-powered estate, and mine, a X25XE-driven hatch. Sorry Shay, there both autos mate. :nonod:

haha, why would i care if they're autos or not?

looking good tho mate, are the Speedy's 16's on the hatch?

gotta say ive always prefered the sedans tho...
if you need to know anything about the 2.2 i can prob help out.

might have to organise a trip out to Kal to come visit :D

Mr & Mrs Vectra
26th April 2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Yes gmonkey, a 3dr version would've been an interesting concept.

i feel your pain on your mention of "vectra haters proven wrong" ive had my calibra for 2 years (plenty of "calibra haters" out there) and the only faults on it were self inflicted :lol:

Yeah it's amazing some of the morons out there. They all seem to think that timing belts and oil last for 90K. :rolleyes5:
Of course, when something gives, it's the poor neglected cars fault. Hmmmmm.

Sooty, that damned red dust can get into every bloody place. It's like sand under a bloke's foreskin after a day at the beach! I must confess though, I've got a bit of engine bay detailing ahead of me now that we're out of the worst of the dust & heat. Mmmmmm, Autoglym!!!

nuggz, you're on for tuning tips. The backbox on the V6 isn't gonna last forever, so I think that should be a good start to go a complete new system when the time comes. I'll have to talk to you about scanners/readers sometime. What's your other Vec?

And Shay, all Vec's are welcomed, and I suppose I could even find a park for those growth-stunted Vec wannabes they call Astra's too!!!! :wink5: I better be careful though, an SRi-T might be a temptation I don't need.

The hatch is on Speedy Lite7's & wrapped in 215/45 17" Potenzas. If my lazy ass would move more, I've got some dark metallic grey paint to go on the calipers that's a similiar colour. Nevermind, I'm pacing myself.............

Thanks again.

nuggz
27th April 2010, 10:13 AM
Ive had the 2.2, currently have a 2.5 and 2.6 =)

and for the price of op-com, you can't go wrong

boorny88
27th April 2010, 10:44 AM
welcome mate your from kalgoorlie? if so i might have to visit my old homes some time soon haha

Keep'emRunning
27th April 2010, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=hazrd;565075]ive had my calibra for 2 years (plenty of "calibra haters" out there) and the only faults on it were self inflicted :lol:

QUOTE]

in others words, he drove it, and it broke :D

Nice vecs, welcome to the madhouse.

Mr & Mrs Vectra
27th April 2010, 09:16 PM
...........and for the price of op-com, you can't go wrong

cheers nuggz, I'll start keepin an eye out for the op-com kit. Does that need a laptop? As we currently don't have one in our cave atm!

And yes Boorny, Kalgoorlie, earthquake capital, I'll look forward to having a cold one if you get here.

Shay
27th April 2010, 09:20 PM
cheers nuggz, I'll start keepin an eye out for the op-com kit. Does that need a laptop? As we currently don't have one in our cave atm!

And yes Boorny, Kalgoorlie, earthquake capital, I'll look forward to having a cold one if you get here.

Set a date and ill come have a coldy too, and catch up with my mates from School of Mines

boorny88
27th April 2010, 09:56 PM
we might have to do a cruise to kal on a long weekend

Shay
27th April 2010, 10:53 PM
we might have to do a cruise to kal on a long weekend

why long weekend?

boorny88
27th April 2010, 10:58 PM
go sat come back monday 6hr drive it fun haha plus i wont have to worry bout taking time off work

Vectracious
28th April 2010, 01:22 AM
welcome to the site guys - I still miss my B 2.2 and its been 5 years! :)

Mr & Mrs Vectra
29th April 2010, 11:20 PM
Haha, only West Aussies would call a 6-hour drive a cruise!

If I were drivin the trip though, I'd definately make it a long weekend.

Let me know if/when so I can check I've got that weekend off and so I can put up the "Opel parking only" sign in the drive.:ihih:

Be careful not to make it too soon, I've got a headlining to change, headlights to restore, an oil change, and possibly the right CV on the wagon to be done. The weekend mightn't be as much fun as you bargained on.

Shay
29th April 2010, 11:36 PM
getting dirty in a veccy is just as much fun as cruising.
til it drags out over 3 weeks, then you really CBF anymore.

next Long w/e is the start of june. ill talk to the boys ;)

ChrisMaz
29th April 2010, 11:45 PM
Count me in. After living in W.A for 20 years... I've still never been to kal.

Shay
29th April 2010, 11:48 PM
Count me in. After living in W.A for 20 years... I've still never been to kal.

lol, matt would be puffy faced if he came out.

boorny88
30th April 2010, 05:55 PM
y wud i be puffy faced?

Shay
30th April 2010, 05:56 PM
y wud i be puffy faced?

6th of june..........
when are wisdom teeth coming out.....

boorny88
30th April 2010, 05:57 PM
haha o yeah hopefully gonna try for the 3rd if there not booked out

Mr & Mrs Vectra
1st May 2010, 12:08 PM
Well hopefully I'm wrong, 'cause if the roster follows it's "normal" pattern, I might be on night shifts that weekend so I'll be puffy-eyed. Worse still, won't even be able to join you youngens for a coldie! :cryin: