PDA

View Full Version : Corsa b racer

seph_78
23rd April 2010, 12:26 AM
So i ask the questions?

should the abs be left on a race car if it came standard with the vehicle?

should the SRS system be left on the vehicle if it is to become a fully fledged race car?

your feed back will be much apreciated as soon i shall be starting a thread for this machine being built for the 2011 racing season.

cheers

gmonkey
23rd April 2010, 12:31 AM
maybe and no..

abs can be handy but can also be sorta pointless and annoying on a track..

auzvectra
23rd April 2010, 06:47 AM
well i guess u can look at the supercar series n say, well they remove both. i guess it's a matter of your own preference, do you class your driving ability as high enough to remove them, or would u prefer a lil extra hand??

i'm doin the same thing, but as the car will still be registered for some events that will require a street registered car, i'll be leaving it all in.

seph_78
23rd April 2010, 09:58 AM
yep valid points,
yes this car two will still be road registered.

gmonkey
23rd April 2010, 10:33 AM
Leave them in then mate not sure about ur state but most it's unregistable if u remove any safety features

OzStick
23rd April 2010, 10:45 AM
Agree with gmonkey - if you want to keep it registered then leave them in. You may want to hop over to the Holden Barina forums at www.holdenbarina.com.au as there's a few people there who are very knowledgable when it comes to the SB Barina. You'll have to join up and post in the Intro section first but you'll find everyone very friendly and helpful, not to mention interested in your project.....

gmonkey
23rd April 2010, 10:47 AM
Few ppl on here aswell that have made hillclimbers out of them. Must be good little track cars :p

auzvectra
23rd April 2010, 11:48 AM
at most you could disable the systems when u do go on the track, pull fuse, add a switch (not sure if a switch would be legal but, or void insurance)

seph_78
23rd April 2010, 11:25 PM
in western australia, things pretty laid back here.
will jump onto other forum for info as i changing brake setup, and needing some advice.

thanks for opinions so far much appreciated.