PDA

View Full Version : Volvo's Focus RS beater

Nurb608
22nd April 2010, 11:47 AM
Now this is what Ford should have done considering it's the same engine

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/251056/firebreathing_c30_revealed.html

poita
22nd April 2010, 11:52 AM
not sold on the colour

but that thing is fukin hot

nuggz
22nd April 2010, 11:58 AM
far out those are some good figures
i'll take one in white thanks

Ice
22nd April 2010, 11:58 AM
Oh thats hot ! shite colour though.

Ice
22nd April 2010, 11:59 AM
far out those are some good figures
i'll take one in white thanks

what ??? hang on..... youll take a what ? a Volvo ?????? never thought ide hear the day especially after all your Volvo bashing.

CNBLU
22nd April 2010, 12:02 PM
Meh.... Its still an ovlov

Ice
22nd April 2010, 12:05 PM
Meh.... Its still an ovlov

and wouldnt it hurt when you had to tell people you got beaten by a C30....a Volvo C30.

Damn those boxy volvo's from the 70s, 80's......they forever have ruined their reputation, haha when they are such a good car....on par with the best the EU has to offer

(eagerly awaits Gav's retort)

nuggz
22nd April 2010, 12:06 PM
always been a volvo fan

was tossing up between the s40, passt, and vectra
only got the vectra cos i though it would be cheap to run... what a mistake that was
lol

Ice
22nd April 2010, 12:08 PM
always been a volvo fan

was tossing up between the s40, passt, and vectra
only got the vectra cos i though it would be cheap to run... what a mistake that was
lol

yeah well get a dud S40 and youde be up the same creek. the T4 f**ken flies......mmm

CNBLU
22nd April 2010, 12:33 PM
and wouldnt it hurt when you had to tell people you got beaten by a C30....a Volvo C30.

Damn those boxy volvo's from the 70s, 80's......they forever have ruined their reputation, haha when they are such a good car....on par with the best the EU has to offer

(eagerly awaits Gav's retort)

yeh well let me spend 60k on the astra and see if it beats me then...

lol you volvo lovers are so sensitive

the specs are very very good but that dont make it a nice car :p

JohnBu
22nd April 2010, 12:38 PM
I like it..

Gav, you can't compare apples to oranges.

boorny88
22nd April 2010, 12:41 PM
i like and would buy it if it came out and i could afford it haha i no volvo service and customer support is good well at least the construction equipment is haha

Hoss
22nd April 2010, 12:58 PM
I'd have one. But not with black wheels

Wraith
22nd April 2010, 01:02 PM
Now this is what Ford should have done considering it's the same engine

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/251056/firebreathing_c30_revealed.html

Of course it's going to beat the RSFocus its got AWD...would beat it even with the same power output !!!

Speaking of which like with the RS it's great to finally see this IL5 putting out those sorts of power and torque figures...300kw and 510nm from factory on a 2.5ltr engine is awesome :D

As for the Volvo itself, personally I'm not a fan of this particular model - rear end reminds me a little of the outgoing Megane and that's one ugly car...

gman
22nd April 2010, 01:27 PM
I'd buy it....4WD and 450HP factory!!! Yes Thanks!!!

Ice
22nd April 2010, 03:22 PM
yeh well let me spend 60k on the astra and see if it beats me then...

lol you volvo lovers are so sensitive

the specs are very very good but that dont make it a nice car :p

Oh I knew you would say that....If I spent this much....

Agree with you Wraith....the rear end is something i just havent got used to....

chrissn89
22nd April 2010, 04:00 PM
Love it, looks great in a different way. Fantastic power figures and AWD. I'd buy one :)

Wraith
22nd April 2010, 08:55 PM
Oh I knew you would say that....If I spent this much....

Agree with you Wraith....the rear end is something i just havent got used to....

Agree...the 'if' I spent that much on this or that arguement/philosophy is a futile comparison...as Johns pointed out apples for apples...but let me say I'd love to see (and ride shot gun) in Gavs Astra if he did spend 60k on it :D

Having said earlier I dislike the look of this Volvo, being totally honest I would still seriously consider one if they ever landed here in Aust...all that factory power in a hatch with an AWD system, all that's missing for my liking is a twin clutch trans and at the right price, I'd be seduced for sure :)

[OPCSRi]
22nd April 2010, 10:08 PM
Love the paint and black wheels. Volvo have definately bitch slapped there cuz (FRAUD) in the power stakes.

Ice
23rd April 2010, 12:20 AM
but let me say I'd love to see (and ride shot gun) in Gavs Astra if he did spend 60k on it :D

He's going to need wings !!!!!! its already almost terrifying...

Ice
23rd April 2010, 12:22 AM
Having said earlier I dislike the look of this Volvo, being totally honest I would still seriously consider one if they ever landed here in Aust...all that factory power in a hatch with an AWD system, all that's missing for my liking is a twin clutch trans and at the right price, I'd be seduced for sure :)

as would many people I think, theyde be affordable aswell.......i mean they are massive stats for bang for your buck !

Wraith
23rd April 2010, 01:04 PM
as would many people I think, theyde be affordable aswell.......i mean they are massive stats for bang for your buck !

All depends on the price point...if it were to land here and be priced well over 70k or 80k (which would probably be the case) its bang for bucks value would be eroded somewhat, although compared with an Evo, Sti or S3 price points it still compares favourably...

Audi will soon release their RS3 with the same mill and running gear as the TT-RS, ie. 250kw / 450nm IL5 I'd say this Volvo would be a far closer competitor to that car than the Ford Focus RS...and 'maybe' that's actually what Volvo are doing ;)

liam
23rd April 2010, 06:05 PM
405 horses stock from volvo! It seems to be track orientated surely if it goes to production itl loose things like the 4 point harness ect

Crap colour give me matte white/black or neon green/orange anyday! Ill happily be a 'volvo' driver