PDA

View Full Version : New Sydney Member - Sri-T

Ooie
15th April 2010, 10:20 AM
Hey everyone,

I have been lurking around here for the past few weeks, and finally picked up my new wheels last night.
Its a 2003 Astra Sri-t in Black.

Totally stock at the moment except for an aftermarket Stereo, but I am looking do do some breathing mods and build from there. I am still not sure if I will keep the stereo at the moment or upgrade it. I would prefer one that has full ipod connectivity and control.

I only have the pics from the guy that sold it so far but will put more up soon.

CNBLU
15th April 2010, 10:22 AM
Nice pick-up

Enjoy your new ride and Welcome to OA

guy 27
15th April 2010, 10:34 AM
Welcome to OA

03srit
15th April 2010, 10:38 AM
Looks good.. It's nice black.. Anyway welcome to OPELAUS

boorny88
15th April 2010, 10:56 AM
welcome mate hope you enjoy it

auzvectra
15th April 2010, 10:58 AM
welcome to OA :). pm gman for a remap when ur ready, $400 and well worth it :D.

auzvectra
15th April 2010, 10:58 AM
p.s. ask for my special upgraded file :D. hahaha

Keep'emRunning
15th April 2010, 11:36 AM
what's the upgraded file give?

phantom spec hahaha

auzvectra
15th April 2010, 12:17 PM
what's the upgraded file give?

phantom spec hahaha

WTF!!! this again, gettin a lil old isnt it. deja vu.

the upgraded file is a high torque map, adjusted rev limit ect...
either way glen knows all about it, which is why i mentioned for them to ask him.

OPC
15th April 2010, 12:48 PM
welcome mate... what ya got planned for the turbs ?
go see my mate spiro at autotech at granville for some good mods...
he did my old astra and turned it into a weapon

whats a phantom spec?
i've definatelly been neglecting this site...

gman
15th April 2010, 02:37 PM
Phantom Spec = my car...Apparently my car has no mods, no power and there are questions as to whether it exists at all...

I tell you, if its all a dream, I need to lay off the soft cheeses before bed time....Bored...Moving on....

Welcome mate...Black SRi-T same as my Phantom Spec car....If your interested in a re-flash drop me a PM and we can discuss..

The Phantom out....

Ooie
15th April 2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mods I have planned so far include:
- De-restrict airbox (will do this tonight)
- Put my personalised plates on (next week)
- THEN, later down the track.. Get rid of the cross pipe, I'm tossing up between 2.2 airbox or pod+heatshield at the moment.
- Remap + Tune
- Turbo back exhaust
- ICE mods down the track

gman
15th April 2010, 03:30 PM
On the airboxes, look at the 1.9 Cdti airboxes too. It fits a little easier than the 2.2 with the AFM.

Also a good cold air feed will help, definately give some thought to a dump pipe as well as a front mount intercooler.

Have fun and enjoy the car.. :)

auzvectra
15th April 2010, 04:35 PM
Also a good cold air feed will help, definately give some thought to a dump pipe as well as a front mount intercooler.

Have fun and enjoy the car.. :)

how silly of me, i didnt even mention that, hahaha.

refer to my sig for details :D. although u might not be able to see sig's yet???

CNBLU
15th April 2010, 04:44 PM
rofl @ the phantom

hazrd
15th April 2010, 09:05 PM
welcome

chrissn89
17th April 2010, 06:29 PM
Welcome mate, enjoy the modding :)

Ooie
22nd April 2010, 03:36 PM
So I have had the car for a week now and am loving it but have a couple of questions..

Is it normal for the MFD to show "Check Brake Light" every time you start the car?
The bulb that shows that my fog lamps are on is out. Is this a hard fix? (yes I realise this will involve taking the dash out)

boorny88
22nd April 2010, 03:52 PM
every time you start the check brake light is on for me as soon as i put my foot on brake pedal it goes out and the dash is easy just a bit fidally

chrissn89
22nd April 2010, 03:58 PM
So I have had the car for a week now and am loving it but have a couple of questions..

Is it normal for the MFD to show "Check Brake Light" every time you start the car?
The bulb that shows that my fog lamps are on is out. Is this a hard fix? (yes I realise this will involve taking the dash out)

From memory i think you'll find it says "Brake Light Check". Meaning once you press the brake pedal it checks the bulbs and fuses are okay. This is normal on every start up. There is a page in your manual about what the MFD messages mean, i think there is five all up.

auzvectra
22nd April 2010, 04:26 PM
From memory i think you'll find it says "Brake Light Check". Meaning once you press the brake pedal it checks the bulbs and fuses are okay. This is normal on every start up. There is a page in your manual about what the MFD messages mean, i think there is five all up.

yeh the mfd checks brake lights, headlights, parkers/tail lights, coolant level, oil level, n i think thats all.

[OPCSRi]
22nd April 2010, 07:12 PM
Welcome OA champ. Another Black SRiT to join the elite of black rockets.

Enjoy. Steve [OPCSRi]