PDA

View Full Version : Finally is Here !

PS88
14th April 2010, 10:39 PM
Hey guys

Just a quick question ...

I bought a set of Eibach sportline for my (AH) and going to get them installed within 2 weeks times. Is there anything i should know before i do this Mod ?? Also shocks, okie to run on my Standards AH shocks for the mean-time and get them replaced later ?

sooty
14th April 2010, 10:40 PM
just make sure to get an alignment after, and yeah ,you can run them just fine on the stock shocks :)

BEK-46P
14th April 2010, 11:06 PM
Expect a more responsive, yet harder ride.

Expect your reaction speed to get a whole lot quicker (you will do a whole lot swerving to avoid potholes)

And the golden rule for any Sydney Sportline owner - AVOID PARRAMATTA ROAD. AVOID PARRAMATTA ROAD.

lithium
15th April 2010, 10:58 AM
Expect a more responsive, yet harder ride.

Expect your reaction speed to get a whole lot quicker (you will do a whole lot swerving to avoid potholes)

And the golden rule for any Sydney Sportline owner - AVOID PARRAMATTA ROAD. AVOID PARRAMATTA ROAD.

haha. having said that and if you were to do it all again, would you keep the factory suspension or still go the lowering route?

Wraith
15th April 2010, 12:51 PM
Hey guys

Just a quick question ...

I bought a set of Eibach sportline for my (AH) and going to get them installed within 2 weeks times. Is there anything i should know before i do this Mod ?? Also shocks, okie to run on my Standards AH shocks for the mean-time and get them replaced later ?

On the last point, definitely ok to run standard shocks for the mean time, but definitely replace them in the longer term...their wear n tear rate will increase with lowered springs depending on how much lower you go compared with stock...

With the sportlines AFAIK you'll get a 35-40mm drop, which will cause your shocks to wear prematurely more sooner than say the pro kit with a drop of only 25mm...

You will also find that a drop at or in excess of 30mm puts alot of unnecessary camber on the rear wheels, so a camber kit is the way to go to help reduce overly uneven tire wear...

PS88
15th April 2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks heaps about the Info, Very Helpful..

How much am i looking at for Camber Kit ?

Nurb608
15th April 2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks heaps about the Info, Very Helpful..

How much am i looking at for Camber Kit ?

http://whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=KCA383&page=2

Along with the other comments on the shocks, the standards will be ok, however they will be perfoming outside of the normal area which is in the middle. I'd save up, they will make a big difference if your worried about good handling etc.

PS88
4th May 2010, 08:34 PM
Hey Guys,

I have finally Lowered my Car XD!

Eibach Sportline

(http://img338.imageshack.us/i/image189c.jpg/)

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 08:40 PM
Damn it, they are only coming out as little pics :(

guy 27
4th May 2010, 08:42 PM
rory delete the .th towards the end of the link for bigger.

dude that looks great. somethings telling me though it needs some sideskirts to give it that more grounded look. Loving the DRL's as well.

Nurb608
4th May 2010, 08:48 PM
rory delete the .th towards the end of the link for bigger.

dude that looks great. somethings telling me though it needs some sideskirts to give it that more grounded look. Loving the DRL's as well.

Cheers mate (and pete)

Yup, that does sit alot nicer now, nice work ;)

poita
4th May 2010, 08:55 PM
agree with DRL's looking hot!

PS88
4th May 2010, 09:04 PM
Pics Fixed

Wraith
5th May 2010, 01:07 PM
Very nice result - well done :thumbs: