PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels

Nem
4th October 2004, 08:20 PM
Put a deposit on my ROH Modena's today for my astra.
http://www.roh.com.au/pages/html/modena120.jpg
18x7.5 with 225/35/18 Hankook K104 Ventus Sport Tyres. $1500 and Im not even half way there! Oh well they'll definitely come up a treat though.

Degen-Astra
4th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Freakin Nice!

The hankooks are what I am opting for when i get my 17's.

Anonymous
4th October 2004, 08:28 PM
They are a good rim, excellent choice.

They're a little stronger than simmons, and a fraction heavier. They are a great all round street wheel ;)

YuSuF
4th October 2004, 08:30 PM
Nice deal you got there

Nem
4th October 2004, 08:32 PM
Instead of forking out for a spare where would I get a wheel that would fit in the boot so I can sell all 5 of my 2001 5 stud alloys?

Nem
4th October 2004, 08:33 PM
Nice deal you got there
Haha yeah approximately $3600 including tyres. (x4)

Mitch
4th October 2004, 09:30 PM
Nice deal you got there
Haha yeah approximately $3600 including tyres. (x4)

:shock:

Are you serious?

Alfonzo
4th October 2004, 10:06 PM
sweet - Astra slammed on 18" rims - always a lovely sight :) - and for $3600, da-am! Bet you'll be watching for those gutters a little more now..

I look forward to the pics :D

mixmelb
4th October 2004, 10:42 PM
$3600?? nice.... I wish I have that sort of $$$ laying around :(

Nem
4th October 2004, 11:11 PM
:shock:

Are you serious?

My credit card would say so. :)

Mitch
4th October 2004, 11:18 PM
I'm about to spend $2600 for a set of 18s and I thought they were expensive. :lol:

Nem
4th October 2004, 11:25 PM
sweet - Astra slammed on 18" rims - always a lovely sight :) - and for $3600, da-am! Bet you'll be watching for those gutters a little more now..

I look forward to the pics :D

Yeah got the Eibach Pro Kit on there so should look nice. I hope to maintain my record so far as the only mark I've got on one of my alloys was put there by the last guy who changed my tyres and marked it - Though I should take a closer look. Definitely going to get some pics. I had someone photoshop the ROH wheels onto a silver SRi for me and it looks schmick. Hopefully its as good IRL.

Anonymous
5th October 2004, 09:13 AM
trust me man nothing can compare to a RL look :P if it looked good in photoshop it will blow you away IRL btw love those rims didnt think you would be able to fit 18x7.5's on it :P but i dunno if theres a "wheel" theres a way i guess :mrgreen: :lol: gratz on your new purchase

Nem
5th October 2004, 12:39 PM
Well everyone on Astra-sport (http://www.m1gst.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1372) says as long as you got 45-49 offset you should be right even with the 225 tyre size. I'll get my arches rolled if need be. Guess I'll have to sell them to a Veccy owner if it gets too drastic.
[flash width=247 height=227:dbfaaa7ccb]http://www.roh.com.au/images/3d_modena2.swf[/flash:dbfaaa7ccb]

nicecar
4th November 2004, 09:05 PM
Hey Nem,
got those 18" ROH on your car yet?

Would love to see a picture of it with them on it :)

Miss_Astra
4th November 2004, 09:51 PM
they look nice,
its hard to find rims that are nice and suit astras

RK
4th November 2004, 10:17 PM
You can get any wheel with a cap on it. Cos they can drill the euro stud pattern into it. Thats what happened with my old wheels. Thats why its got both the normal 5x100 and also the 5x110. My current ones were blanks. so its only got the euro stud pattern.

and youre right about the offset Nem.. that same applied when i asked about my Veccy. I've got 18x7.5 now with 44mm offset and theres no scrubbing anywhere.

Miss_Astra
4th November 2004, 10:31 PM
hmm well i rang tempe and the guy said the ones i want wont go on an astra, when other people tell me it can.
its very confusing for me :?

Nem
5th November 2004, 10:06 AM
Hey Nem,
got those 18" ROH on your car yet?
Would love to see a picture of it with them on it :)
Well there's a 4-6 week wait on ordering modular wheels from ROH so I've been given Nov 11 as the day they will be here. Man I rung him twice already to see how it's all going but doesnt look like they're going to be here any sooner. And don't worry I will be teeing up the digital camera for some piccys as soon as I can.

hmm well i rang tempe and the guy said the ones i want wont go on an astra, when other people tell me it can.
What's the wheel and its specs? These huge offsets arent really made on many wheels which is the biggest problem. I found that if you're going 18's then get the right offset. People get other offsets that fit but they bottom out when they have load - something that I'm hoping to avoid.
You have to go to somone that knows what they're talking about. Besides going to Tempe for eye candy (according to Em :wink: ) I havent heard much else good about them. Just out of interest ROH actually approved my wheel fitment for the Astra. (I was going to go a 45 offset but they advised 47.) But I guess it's all part of the service when you're paying over $600 a wheel excluding tyres.

RK
5th November 2004, 10:27 AM

Thats because Tempe SUCK! :lol:

GOZOFF
5th November 2004, 01:07 PM
they look nice,
its hard to find rims that are nice and suit astras

I agree 8)
mine had to be drilled :roll:

freaktown
5th November 2004, 01:46 PM
Tempe are just weird.

They have Sets of wheels in say Gold, Chrome, White, Black all the same wheel.

But only some of the come in 5 stud, others only 4 stud and all in differing offsets.
Its just stupid!

Im getting mine from Ozzy Tyres, nice guys!

Miss_Astra
7th November 2004, 03:46 PM
i went to tempe today to have a look, they only had about 3 different rims to chose from that will fit an astra.
I know what em means about the people that work there :wink:

Nem
17th November 2004, 06:29 PM
Nearly there! Got a few things that ROH have to sort out for me but should all be good by friday. Here's a quickie done with mobile phone cam just as a look-see.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/roh.jpg

YuSuF
17th November 2004, 06:38 PM
They suit nice

ultim8DTM5
17th November 2004, 07:33 PM
Looks good, get some on the rear too ;)

Mitch
17th November 2004, 08:32 PM
Photo doesn't work. :(

Pharkus
18th November 2004, 07:55 AM
Just hope you've got nice roads up there in NT. Wheels will look great once the car's off the hoist. I suppose it'll look a lot lower and less like a 4WD :lol:

Nem
18th November 2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah we've got pretty good roads up here. Only the odd mild pothole during the wet season (Summer). We have a well maintained highway because of the open speed limit. The tyres are 225/35/18's so I've got a bit thicker lacky band that some of the guys running 215's. But I guess its not that much thicker. BTW the guy at the tyre shop advised 36PSI was the tyre pressure to go for.

I suppose it'll look a lot lower and less like a 4WD
Yeah wait till I get hub locks and the bull bar put on. :wink:
Cheers
Ben

Nem
18th November 2004, 10:07 AM
What ROH did was put collars in the wheels that were meant for the astra 4 stud and not the 5 stud vectra. Idiots! Oh well Jeremy said he'd send me a free ROH shirt. Hope they have the bits here by tomorrow. Cant see it happening though because they seem to lack organisation skills. But I'd rather have it right than right now.
Ben

hhmmm..... The more I look at this pic the more I think that I'm gonna colour code the bump strip.

Nem
20th November 2004, 01:23 PM
WOOT! They're on!!

http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/roh2.jpg

Not the best of photos but they look sweet IRL. Will get the proper digital camera out and take a photo.

Ben

YuSuF
20th November 2004, 02:28 PM
Suits nicely Nem :)

Degen-Astra
20th November 2004, 04:54 PM
They look tight Ben!

Like the look on there! You still got your Eibach springs in?

Alfonzo
20th November 2004, 05:08 PM
Very nice. Very nice indeed :D

edit: oh, if you're going to colour code your side strip, probably best to do your door handles at the same time.

Nem
21st November 2004, 01:11 PM
http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/astrag18.jpg

ultim8DTM5
21st November 2004, 01:23 PM
Phwoar I think they suit the car really well!
I've only seen Modena's on Commodores and one E36 M3 'vert. Very tidy indeed 8)

Greg K
21st November 2004, 01:26 PM
that look awesome dude!!!!!
if you didnt have the body kit on, id say leave the black bumper strips
but seeing as you do, id paint the strips and the door handles!!
keep it up!
Greg K

RK
21st November 2004, 03:27 PM
Looks sweeeeeeet!

Nem
21st November 2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys.

They look tight Ben!
Like the look on there! You still got your Eibach springs in?
Yeah still got the Eibach Pro Kit onboard. The 18's just tidy up handling that little bit more which is nice too. :) Next will be Whiteline swaybars, strut tower brace and camber kit then hopefully into some engine mods. (Though I might see if I can scam some Hella afterburners and get them painted with the bump strips/handles as a christmas present.)
Ben

nicecar
21st November 2004, 04:35 PM
They look great!!! I want some!!!!
What is the finish on the Modena's your brought?

NEMO
21st November 2004, 07:44 PM
That looks spot on!!!

George Costanza
21st November 2004, 08:26 PM
Nice....very nice!

Those wheels suit it well.

Alfonzo
21st November 2004, 09:59 PM
Beautiful. Are they in Shadow Chrome?

raymond
21st November 2004, 10:14 PM
looking sweet
8)

Nem
21st November 2004, 11:03 PM
They look great!!! I want some!!!!
What is the finish on the Modena's your brought?
Hehe I recall you saying they were out of your budget before?? :lol:

The finish is silver. Other choices are chrome, shadow chrome, and gold but they cost extra. I dont have any chrome on my car so I chose to stay away from the other colours.

Nem
1st December 2004, 12:36 AM
In the rain...
http://users.bigpond.net.au/bmanfield/sastra.jpg

silvestra
1st December 2004, 09:02 PM
That car is hot, hot, hot! Good work brother. 8)

AndrewH
2nd December 2004, 01:42 PM
Very nice... it looks awesome.

Nem
3rd January 2005, 05:51 PM
And today it is with much subdued anger and sadness that I report that some @$$H0L3 has scrapped 1/4 of the way around one of my rims (front left) while I've been away on holidays. I will be hunting down and killing one of the two people who had my spare set of keys while I was away!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

nicecar
4th January 2005, 01:55 PM
Ouch - that is bringing tears to my eyes and they are not even my rims :cry:

Nem
4th January 2005, 02:32 PM
Better news is that its "only" going to cost me/them $250 to get the trim replaced from ROH.

Wraith
4th January 2005, 06:56 PM
Nem Wrote:

And today it is with much subdued anger and sadness that I report that some @$$H0L3 has scrapped 1/4 of the way around one of my rims (front left) while I've been away on holidays. I will be hunting down and killing one of the two people who had my spare set of keys while I was away!!

Ouch and double ouch :(

I also have an expensive set of 18's on my Astra with the Eibach's etc.
If that happened to me someone would DEFINITELY die :evil:
Hearing what happened to you definitely reinforces my strict policy of not letting anyone under any circumstances drive any of my cars. :wink:

I hope you get it fixed or replaced without too many hassles though, good luck, :P