PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Washer Jets - Astra H

hazrd
6th April 2010, 03:59 PM
So i received my insignia jets today... thing is.. ive got about a million cuts and bruises on me from trying to get the old ones out of the astra....

has anyone done this on a 'H' ?
what are some tips and tricks in getting them out?

god damn my hands are sore

guy 27
6th April 2010, 04:00 PM
easiest way on the g is to just hit the them down with a hammer. should be the same for the H.

nuggz
6th April 2010, 04:03 PM
easiest way on the g is to just hit the them down with a hammer. should be the same for the H.

LOL

adam
u have to take a video of jens face, when u take a hammer to her car

hazrd
6th April 2010, 04:04 PM

tried that... kinda broke a clip trying to hammer it out

hazrd
6th April 2010, 04:04 PM
LOL

adam
u have to take a video of jens face, when u take a hammer to her car

she doesnt know :yikes:

guy 27
6th April 2010, 04:05 PM
next option is to take the whole panel out. You will need to remove the wipers, they are held on with a 13mm nut. then lift out the whole panel and you will be able to see what your doing and should be able to fix the clip you broke at the same time.

hazrd
6th April 2010, 04:08 PM
nuggz

i think its time to pop the brotek cherry on the astra when i bring it down next

nuggz
6th April 2010, 04:16 PM
nuggz

i think its time to pop the brotek cherry on the astra when i bring it down next

sounds good

i forgot to grab that lappy brick off ya!

hazrd
6th April 2010, 04:17 PM
thanks mate
ill try and remember to bring it when i come down

gmonkey
6th April 2010, 04:22 PM
I had same thing... I looked emo with cut wrists from it easiest way is lift panel highest It goes. U gave to twist it 90degrees then push it down use a hammer... I did hahaha. Pain in the arse to do and IMHO not worth it really

guy 27
6th April 2010, 04:23 PM
IMHO not worth it really

+1, that why i went back to my old ones but i want some similar to the rx8 ones with 6 jets instead of 4

gmonkey
6th April 2010, 04:29 PM
Yeh mist kinda sucks never gets that evil bird poo up like the jets used to haha

GreyRex
6th April 2010, 04:35 PM
+1, that why i went back to my old ones but i want some similar to the rx8 ones with 6 jets instead of 4

+2

Are our Astra ones that bad...?

chrissn89
6th April 2010, 04:50 PM
next option is to take the whole panel out. You will need to remove the wipers, they are held on with a 13mm nut. then lift out the whole panel and you will be able to see what your doing and should be able to fix the clip you broke at the same time.

+1 nico and i had to do this on mine. Alot easier just take a tad longer.

HoldenAstra
6th April 2010, 08:48 PM
I did on my AH.

I removed the whole panel although I broke two clips on the panel, it does not matter.

I used a hammer and a piece of cloth to remove the old one, just knock them out.

If you do not remove the panel, it's very hard to press the new jet in coz they are tight, very. If you are a really strong man, you do not need remove the panel. But it will give you extra space the finish the job.

I love those Jets!!!

gmonkey
6th April 2010, 08:50 PM
I did on my AH.

I removed the whole panel although I broke two clips on the panel, it does not matter.

I used a hammer and a piece of cloth to remove the old one, just knock them out.

If you do not remove the panel, it's very hard to press the new jet in coz they are tight, very. If you are a really strong man, you do not need remove the panel. But it will give you extra space the finish the job.

I love those Jets!!!

best get jen to do it then adam so you dont need to remove the panel :p

also offtopic, holdenastra whats with your signature picture? whats on the steering wheel controls? they look like paddle shifters.. its been bugging me for a while :p

HoldenAstra
6th April 2010, 09:43 PM
I wish I had that Steering Wheel, it's not a real one I think, never mind. It's a picture from some opel websites, concept thing, here is the orginal picture:3656

greeny
8th April 2010, 05:18 PM
so are these the ones that spray even over the windscreen?

where can i get these from? any guide to do it?

UNEEQ
11th July 2010, 06:47 PM
Ok, so I found one of the jets since moving house and thought I'd try fitting it. Definately a job for both at once. Couldn't get the panel out (I think the clips underneath holding it on are the problem).

In any case, the hammer was my friend (gently on the head of the nozzle so as to not smash anything.) Popped down and then it was easy to plug hoses on. Something to note is that the stock nozzles are TAPERED to make them appear flat with the panel. The Insignia Nozzles are flat topped, therefore, once fitted they will appear to be on an angle (most likely because they are), but don't mistake this for a mounting error.

I removed the wiper arms to give me a little more flaxibility when lifting the platic panel up. There was a point where I was worried about snapping it, but little by little it bends further. (I have that fat hand syndrome...)

Now I just need to find the driver side nozzle so I can fit that up.

It took me until my stock nozzles weren't working properly (only 1 jet from each) to get the inclination to change them I might add.

gmonkey
11th July 2010, 08:04 PM
How emo do u look now??

Cut wrists?

UNEEQ
11th July 2010, 08:41 PM
How emo do u look now??

Cut wrists?

Somewhere between heavy meds and padded cells... Took a while for all the red marks to appear!

PrincessPeachey
12th July 2010, 06:40 PM
did it on my corsa, was a right pain to do it too. and then i had to try to adjust the things so they'd actually hit the windscreen and NOT go up the passengers side of my car..

but the mist is a hell of a lot better than the piddly little jets i had before.

UNEEQ
12th July 2010, 10:09 PM
Once I got my arm in there it wasn't an issue really... I don't know what all these princesses are crying about!! :) and yes, mist is awesome! even though I can only enjoy it on the passenger side at the moment. I'll have to ran-sack the theatre to find the other one (or buy another drivers side for 3 pounds! lol)

mmahle
13th July 2010, 09:35 AM
haha, yeah, mine was hard too at first. I was worried to get a hammer and hit the bonnet. But really the trick is to get a cloth and then short hard bursts and they pop right through. To take them off, they weren't as hard as I thought. But yeah well worth the effort.

PO15KA
18th July 2010, 02:41 PM
hi,

are these the ones you all talking about? where did you get yours from, eBay UK?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VAUXHALL-INSIGNIA-FAN-STYLE-WASHER-JETS-ASTRA-SXI-SRI-/160447340942?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255b68218e

cheers...

jastra
18th July 2010, 02:57 PM
hi,

are these the ones you all talking about? where did you get yours from, eBay UK?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VAUXHALL-INSIGNIA-FAN-STYLE-WASHER-JETS-ASTRA-SXI-SRI-/160447340942?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255b68218e

cheers...
I'm fairly sure those are the ones!
Ordered my self some a couple days ago :)

UNEEQ
18th July 2010, 04:15 PM
yeah that's them, but have a look and sign up on vxrshop. they have regular discount codes, so it may be cheaper than ebay once discount is applied :)