PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Shell!

maloo97
3rd April 2010, 06:20 PM
Just stopped to get fuel, at The Shell on Taren Point Rd Taren Point. V power was 146.9 a litre
Got a full tank went in to pay, there was a massive line atleast 10 deap only one guy on his own.

There is a problem with the computers down there and they cant fix it.

The price of the Fuel is 14.9 Good score right there. Thank you very much :smile5:

Still the same, as all my mates just have been down there and filled up and got the same deal as there is a error they cant fix. if they cant fix it they will have to close.

maybe should buy a lotto ticket, Very lucky lol.

hazrd
3rd April 2010, 08:51 PM
rofl

id be on my way there now if i was in syd

AfterBurner
3rd April 2010, 09:56 PM
That'd be fukn right.. Im out at the inlaws in Narellan... :mad5: Nearly worth the drive out for that price...

Grab a 44 gallon drum n fill it up for me will ya... i'll pay u 20c/litre... :cryin:

traveltravel
3rd April 2010, 10:24 PM
vpower is bad fuel anyway, should of just gone to bp and got ultimate.
other then that nice deal

AfterBurner
3rd April 2010, 10:30 PM
vpower is bad fuel anyway, should of just gone to bp and got ultimate.
other then that nice deal

What's so bad about it??? I been using it for a few yrs & had no issues...

Maybe not much good in bikes but fine for cars...

In fact for that price id fill up with diesel, LOL...

Wraith
5th April 2010, 08:47 PM
Just stopped to get fuel, at The Shell on Taren Point Rd Taren Point. V power was 146.9 a litre
Got a full tank went in to pay, there was a massive line atleast 10 deap only one guy on his own.

There is a problem with the computers down there and they cant fix it.

The price of the Fuel is 14.9 Good score right there. Thank you very much :smile5:

Still the same, as all my mates just have been down there and filled up and got the same deal as there is a error they cant fix. if they cant fix it they will have to close.

maybe should buy a lotto ticket, Very lucky lol.

This has happened to me before too !!!

Only in my case it was at a Safeway/Caltex servo (Taylora Lakes) about 2 years ago, they've only got one bowzer with 98 octane premium and on that particular occaision, an error caused the same price one decimal back price reading as the above and the servo attendants had no choice but to charge at that rate LOL...lucky for them it was just that bowzer that was malfunctioning and also the fact that alot of people were none the wiser to it as most people don't opt for premium 98 octance fuel...me I was rapt to buy petrol at a similar price it was when I was on P plates LOL...yes very long time ago :D

Wraith
5th April 2010, 08:51 PM
What's so bad about it??? I been using it for a few yrs & had no issues...

Maybe not much good in bikes but fine for cars...

In fact for that price id fill up with diesel, LOL...

+ 1

Being using it since it first appeared and had no probsin all my vehicles...infact I'll swear my turbo vert runs better with it than any other 98 proof brand...

I have however found that most of my N/A vehicles respond better to BP Ultimate, but normally stick to Caltex 98 as it's cheaper with the help of easy to obtain fuel vouchers :)

guy 27
5th April 2010, 08:56 PM
+ 1

Being using it since it first appeared and had no probsin all my vehicles...infact I'll swear my turbo vert runs better with it than any other 98 proof brand...

I have however found that most of my N/A vehicles respond better to BP Ultimate, but normally stick to Caltex 98 as it's cheaper with the help of easy to obtain fuel vouchers :)

I have had issues with shell vpower twice in the past. Issue was that they have added ethanol into their vpower without labeling on their bowser that it is infact ethanol blended fuel which the 2.2 will not run on.
Prior to shell bringing in the ethanol vpower in I ran it in my car with no problem but can not take the risk of having to drain the tank out again due to someone elses mistake.

Wraith
5th April 2010, 09:07 PM
I have had issues with shell vpower twice in the past. Issue was that they have added ethanol into their vpower without labeling on their bowser that it is infact ethanol blended fuel which the 2.2 will not run on.
Prior to shell bringing in the ethanol vpower in I ran it in my car with no problem but can not take the risk of having to drain the tank out again due to someone elses mistake.

Interesting...

Is this the case now for all 98 Vpower fuel ???

I havn't noticed any difference in my turbo vert since the old Optimax days and now that it's Vpower...

guy 27
5th April 2010, 09:11 PM
not as far as i know. Some shell servos offer both with some pumps with ethanol vpower and others without it.

AfterBurner
5th April 2010, 09:14 PM
Never heard of that, in NSW anyway...

guy 27
5th April 2010, 09:28 PM
Never heard of that, in NSW anyway...

been a few cases around Aus, some even ending up in court (route i almost went down until they settled it before it got that far)

Only Opels we have here in aus which it is not recommended to run E10 on is the 2.2L Astras (z22se/yh). E5 is meant to be fine though.

Wraith
5th April 2010, 09:34 PM
not as far as i know. Some shell servos offer both with some pumps with ethanol vpower and others without it.

Again interesting...never noticed it myself either, will have to keep an eye out from now on or even ask the question where I always fill up...

AfterBurner
5th April 2010, 09:39 PM
been a few cases around Aus, some even ending up in court (route i almost went down until they settled it before it got that far)

Only Opels we have here in aus which it is not recommended to run E10 on is the 2.2L Astras (z22se/yh). E5 is meant to be fine though.

But now ur referring to E10, which is a lower octane fuel, with more crap added in to it. AFAIK, V-Power is one of the cleanest fuels, with or without Ethanol. After all, Ethanol is not that much different from Metho, it's just an additive to assist cleaning & fill out the fuel with a cheaper alternative.

Unless u refer to the big scams a couple of yrs ago, prior to E10's inception, where the dodgy Servo operators were adding it themselves??

See info on Ethanol here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol)

guy 27
5th April 2010, 09:50 PM
But now ur referring to E10, which is a lower octane fuel, with more crap added in to it. AFAIK, V-Power is one of the cleanest fuels, with or without Ethanol. After all, Ethanol is not that much different from Metho, it's just an additive to assist cleaning & fill out the fuel with a cheaper alternative.

sorry i meant 10% ethanol blend not E10.

I run ethanol blended fuels in other cars without any dramas so I have nothing against it. Just hoping if a 2.2 owner reads this it might save them some headaches.

Its just someones stupid mistake cost me lots of money and time.

AfterBurner
5th April 2010, 10:12 PM
Will keep eyes n ears peeled for this, but never have as yet.

Cheers for the heads up anyways guy...:thumbs:

gmonkey
6th April 2010, 01:09 AM
I remember couple years back bp Australia being taken to the courts for mislabeling 98octane fuel when it's real ratings were between there standard 91 and mid premium 95. Think they got huge fines for it aswell. That was like 4 years ago or so.... I still use bp 98 find it's best, vpower if there's no bp around. But even then I use caltex 98 before it, hate shell's don't mean to be racist but it's always got Indians behind the desk trying to sell me two chocolates for $4... But then caltex and hungry jacks are same now days too...

kirssn
6th April 2010, 07:27 AM
are you guys aware that by july 2011 all fuels within australia are required to contain ethanol?

Shell are already bringing it in with ALL of their fuels containing ethanol by June 2010

The major companies are already releasing paraphanalia advising of this....

Wraith
6th April 2010, 09:28 PM
I remember couple years back bp Australia being taken to the courts for mislabeling 98octane fuel when it's real ratings were between there standard 91 and mid premium 95. Think they got huge fines for it aswell. That was like 4 years ago or so.... I still use bp 98 find it's best, vpower if there's no bp around. But even then I use caltex 98 before it, hate shell's don't mean to be racist but it's always got Indians behind the desk trying to sell me two chocolates for $4... But then caltex and hungry jacks are same now days too...

Hahahaha LOL I've never encountered Indians behind the counter in any of the Shell servos I frequently fill up at, but I must say I'm a sucker for the chocolates, especially if it's a pretty babe trying to entice me to buying some :o