PDA

View Full Version : Will you be getting an iPad?

poita
2nd April 2010, 09:18 PM
Will you be getting one?

I'm still undecided, would be handy for when i cbf lugging my laptop around.

guy 27
2nd April 2010, 09:28 PM
maybe the next version. I would really like to see a camera on it plus a few other things.
but at this stage i will just stick to libra pads with wings.

poita
2nd April 2010, 10:24 PM
first iPad to be DOA ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEjPqlfQtd4&feature=player_embedded

JohnBu
4th April 2010, 12:13 AM
No flash support is a deal breaker for me.

Typing on an iPhone :)

ROCCO
4th April 2010, 09:27 PM
Nope just scored a Xbox 360 for free i'm happy...just gotta mod it now to play downladed games

guerre64
18th May 2010, 04:00 PM
Got mine when I was in the USA last month - it's just the WiFi version, but I decided I didn't really need the 3G version and yet another data plan - I have a cunning plan for using a wireless broadband SIM I have anyway, not that I'll be using it away from a WiFi connection that often!!

Impressions so far - friggin luv it!! It's very quick, the screen is really responsive and it's not too bad to type stuff on - it certainly feels weird going back to my iPhone's little keys for texts etc. though. You can already get some great apps for it, though some of them are considerably more expensive than for iPhone - my suggestion is to get a US iTunes account for apps if you can and use iTunes gift cards from http://www.maximuscards.com/ to top it up.

If you like gadgets, you just gotta have one :-D

poita
18th May 2010, 04:08 PM
Got mine when I was in the USA last month - it's just the WiFi version, but I decided I didn't really need the 3G version and yet another data plan - I have a cunning plan for using a wireless broadband SIM I have anyway, not that I'll be using it away from a WiFi connection that often!!

Impressions so far - friggin luv it!! It's very quick, the screen is really responsive and it's not too bad to type stuff on - it certainly feels weird going back to my iPhone's little keys for texts etc. though. You can already get some great apps for it, though some of them are considerably more expensive than for iPhone - my suggestion is to get a US iTunes account for apps if you can and use iTunes gift cards from http://www.maximuscards.com/ to top it up.

If you like gadgets, you just gotta have one :-D

this would only work if you had the 3G version and a sim card slot in it correct?

glad to hear your enjoying it, and that the speed is great on it

question, have you jail broken it?

guerre64
18th May 2010, 04:33 PM
this would only work if you had the 3G version and a sim card slot in it correct?

glad to hear your enjoying it, and that the speed is great on it

question, have you jail broken it?

I have read reports of people cutting down normal SIMs to fit into the mini-SIM slot on the 3G versions, but I've actually got a 3 wireless broadband dongle which I used for a period where I couldn't get any broadband in my new apartment building - so I'm gonna use the SIM from that in one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110525236782

It'll also be handy for a portable WiFi hotspot for my laptop if I need it out and about and for our house in Merimbula, where broadband is a challenge - my brother has an iPad too and has already tested one of these with it and it works a treat.

I haven't jail broken the iPad - didn't do that with my iPhone either - just think it creates a few more problems than it solves and I don't mind paying for my apps - without that we eventually wouldn't get cool new gadgets or new apps!!

iPad = highly recommended in my book ;-P

gman
18th May 2010, 05:54 PM
Already have one too :)

My brother bought it back from the US for me. Love it, great for movies an e-books/magazines etc.

[OPCSRi]
18th May 2010, 07:55 PM
I'd have to see and use one first before buying one, but very interested in it.

btm
19th May 2010, 09:22 AM
very tempted at this stage

poita
19th May 2010, 09:31 AM
"]I'd have to see and use one first before buying one, but very interested in it.

I'm the same, fingers crossed we will get them into work.

Then I can salary sacrifice one too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boorny88
19th May 2010, 09:58 AM
i wont be getting one im just waiting for the new iphone that will be enough for me

btm
19th May 2010, 10:04 AM
i wont be getting one im just waiting for the new iphone that will be enough for me

this is what i'm tossing up between at the moment

Neeko
19th May 2010, 01:41 PM
Already have one too :)

My brother bought it back from the US for me. Love it, great for movies an e-books/magazines etc.

That would be great to have a portable movie player that's only a few mil thick.

But yes I'm also on the wait or next iPhone

Ice
19th May 2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.blendtec.com/willitblend/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=ipad

haha brilliant !

guerre64
19th May 2010, 04:34 PM
That would be great to have a portable movie player that's only a few mil thick.

There's a great product called Air Video Server - http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html - compatible with both Mac and Windows, which can stream most video file formats directly to iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, from your Mac or PC. It allows you to convert and stream on the fly or, queue videos to convert to an Apple compatible format and the stream them.

It works pretty well - have tried both live conversion and queued conversion and the latter is definitely more reliable, but even live conversion isn't bad - it only stopped on a few of my larger movie files while I was watching stuff on the iPad in bed!!

Neeko
30th May 2010, 07:00 PM
got the chance to finger an ipad today and must say i'm quite impressed, even though it is just a larger version of a iphone. One thing that impressed me was screen quality and the speeds it works at. If i had the money i'd definitely buy one just for the hell of it.

poita
30th May 2010, 08:13 PM
an iPhone that cant make phone calls :p :lol:

i've decided im getting one, prob a 32gb wi-fi version.

have no need ofr the 3G

Vectracious
31st May 2010, 08:55 PM
got the chance to finger an ipad today

Hope you washed afterwards....

gmonkey
31st May 2010, 08:59 PM
Don't know why everyone is excited by these... Touchpads have been out for years.. Only difference is this is an apple... Pretty sure u could get/make one with a similar interface as the ipad

Vectracious
31st May 2010, 09:05 PM
Only difference is this is an apple

And thats your answer. It's an apple so we MUST have it. Steve Jobs could release a Piss/shit mixture and everyone would line up overnight to buy it.... :rolleyes:

ROCCO
31st May 2010, 09:52 PM
Pete I bet your a Blackberry fan boy arnt you

gmonkey
31st May 2010, 09:55 PM
I've owned a blackberry and an iPhone... iPhone is more user friendly but the blackberry was far more powerful and stable..

Vectracious
31st May 2010, 11:28 PM
Pete I bet your a Blackberry fan boy arnt you

nope.

Yes I have a Blackberry, but there is no way I'm going to sit there and stroke my e-dick while trying to convince you that it is the bestest thing in the whole wide world.

I currently hate mine because the trackball is screwed up and I'll probably have to bite the bullet and send it in for repairs. Also the way Blackberry's access the net (ie not like ANY other mobile phone on the market) is retarded and if the phone companies dont just bundle everything together for one price in the future, it is likely that it will stop me getting another and I will probably end up with a Nokia E-series or equivalent.

mania
1st June 2010, 12:03 AM
Don't see the point tbh. I do quite a bit of unplanned web surfing - but I do it on my phone. I don't carry a bag around with me, and the ipad won't fit even in cargo pant pockets, so it'd stay that way even if I bought one.

Just going to hold off for either the next iphone, or a win 7 phone - they actually look pretty neat (google before judging!). Esp if the latter comes in a sleek model with a keyboard.. then it's not even a decision. -shrugs-

P.S. Poll needs a "probably not". If I came up with a reason for getting one I just may, because apparently they're.. in. Or something. ;)

poita
1st June 2010, 09:19 AM
Don't see the point tbh. I do quite a bit of unplanned web surfing - but I do it on my phone. I don't carry a bag around with me, and the ipad won't fit even in cargo pant pockets, so it'd stay that way even if I bought one.

Just going to hold off for either the next iphone, or a win 7 phone - they actually look pretty neat (google before judging!). Esp if the latter comes in a sleek model with a keyboard.. then it's not even a decision. -shrugs-

P.S. Poll needs a "probably not". If I came up with a reason for getting one I just may, because apparently they're.. in. Or something. ;)

pffff you dont need cargo pants, you need one of these!!!

http://www.iclothing.com.au/itee.html

http://www.iclothing.com.au/uploads/2/7/6/5/2765685/9745857.jpg?217

mania
1st June 2010, 11:40 AM
Hahaha perfect!

blacknight
1st June 2010, 01:42 PM
nothing special about the ipad... definitely overrated cuz its an apple