PDA

View Full Version : Runout Astra CDX?

sdu
4th October 2004, 12:41 PM
Heya people!

This is my first post. A member of the Holden LS1 forums recommended this forum for any Astra queries (Thanks Mitch, if you are reading this).

I want to park myself into an Astra CDX runout model in automatic, but don't know what price to pay. Some dealers have quoted me around the $34K mark driveaway. This is recommended retail price, and being a runout model i thought that they would be discounting this model.

Would anyone be able to shed some light as to what can be classified as a good price?

THankyou for your help!

Shazza
4th October 2004, 01:45 PM
Hey sdu, check out my post on LS1 forums ;)

Alfonzo
4th October 2004, 06:28 PM
sdu - another method of picking up a good deal is to check out www.discountnewcars.com.au - the Astra CDX models currently have a $3,200 odd to $4,000 discount on them instantly (before on roads) , and with that model being a run-out now, you should get a phone call from a dealership in your area who sees your enquiry in a day or two.

The site is simply an expression of interest site that forwards your enquiry to a local dealership who's a member of that group, so you're not dealing with a shady third party or anything. I can personally recommend the system works.

wishbone
4th October 2004, 07:39 PM
i have an astra CDX but manual. it's supposed to be 33grand driveaway when i bought it.
so extra 1 grand for the auto?
it may be worth it?

journo
4th October 2004, 09:36 PM
Allow me to share my methods of car buying... when I bought my Corsa it was not on run out. (this will give you an idea of bargaining power)

Add this up... Last year for a corsa: RRP $17,000 plus ORC, $1800 for air conditioning, $1000 for matts boot liner rear sun shade and headlight/bonnet protectors, 550 rego and 1700 dealer delivery. = about $22,000 (and to think some, but not all, people paid that much)

I paid $17500 and on my receipt it shows a discount of about $4500.

Try my method... walk into a dealership (like I did) and say the following.

"Give me your best price on a {insert car type} with {insert accessories/ options} driveaway. I will not haggle with you on price. I will either like your price and buy one now, or I will go somewhere else."
Then smile when he/she comes back from the managers office and say: "I meant what I said... if I don't like your price and you immediately offer me more of a discount I will walk out anyway."
They will then run back to their manager and in most cases come back with a good price.

I did this to Gatton Auto (they wigged and didn't believe me $18,500 and maybe a bit less if you twist our arms -- so I left while the sales guy tryed to convince me to wait for a better price), then at Toowoomba Holden (by phone but did not like their price $17500 plus accessories at some discount off RRP)
then at Sivyer Holden at Moorooka who gave me a genuinly good price.

Try it... what have you got to lose???

NUTTTR
7th October 2004, 01:29 AM
Astra CDX - quoted 27,300 INCL all onroads, tinted windows, floor mats and mudflaps (NSW on roads)........
That's for the manual....... so don't believe them if they tell you 34K tell them to go fcuk themselves :)

wishbone
7th October 2004, 09:41 AM
where did u get that?
on the holden website its 29990 not including on road costs?
unless its changed since i bought mine 2 months ago?

NUTTTR
7th October 2004, 10:06 AM
Can't tell as my gf might still be getting it :)
It is straight from a holden dealer tho!!!

R3N
7th October 2004, 11:57 AM
Different holden dealers can do you different deals, its up to them, the website one is a general thing so you know what to expect.

sdu
7th October 2004, 01:08 PM
I wonder if i could get an Astra auto CDX for around $28K driveaway...
Does anyone know about HOlden's stock situation with these CDX's?

rjastra
7th October 2004, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know about HOlden's stock situation with these CDX's?

Why don't you just ring a few?

Just remember that you want a huge discount on any old stock. The new model CDXi is better equipped etc and is the same RRP as the old model CDX

extralarge
10th October 2004, 03:35 PM
2nd hand here for $23.5
http://carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=1913876&current_rec=4&total_rec=6&sort_type=&keyword=ASTRA%20CDX&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

new shouldn't be very far off

dug74
10th October 2004, 04:31 PM
I suggest a huge discount on the old model...yeah...becoz the new model about to be released is going for the same price and has more extras and features...

I would look for a figure around $25K to $27K driveaway..

If they dont give you a good price...ask for more extras....like HBD wheels and spoilers and tint etc

NUTTTR
10th October 2004, 06:05 PM
I seriously doubt you'd get it for 25k driveaway...
RRP for the manual is 29,990 plus ~3K onroads, then discount it, that'd be about 8K discount!!! And they plan on running the old CDX and classic versions until they run out of stock anyway, thats why there's no huge discounted run out sale :)
Aaron

wishbone
10th October 2004, 09:21 PM
i know for sure that i got the best deal for a brand new one...
the dealers say that they don't even get a better deal as me
my dad used to work at holden and recieves20% discount, the astra CDX was 26990
i don't know if any dealer can beat it?
yeh 23990 for the car and 3k for the on road costs

NUTTTR
10th October 2004, 10:18 PM
Well our quote was 27300 as a final offer from the dealer, so it was close to your price (that's incl onroads, tints, mats, flaps, nothing major, but every little bit!!)
So i'd say 27300 for all that (given what price you got) was about the maximum discount possible!
Aaron