PDA

View Full Version : iPhone vs. N900/N97/N97 Mini

BEK-46P
27th March 2010, 08:58 PM
Guys, my contract is almost up and I'm considering some new phones. Everyone, it seems, has an iPhone... so naturally, I don't want one! I am definitely considering a Nokia, as I've been a Nokia guy for over 10 years. I'm looking into the N900, which has been receiving generally good reviews (some people claim it rivals the iPhone).

Anyone had any hands-on experience with both?

hazrd
27th March 2010, 09:15 PM
Guys, my contract is almost up and I'm considering some new phones. Everyone, it seems, has an iPhone... so naturally, I don't want one! I am definitely considering a Nokia, as I've been a Nokia guy for over 10 years. I'm looking into the N900, which has been receiving generally good reviews (some people claim it rivals the iPhone).

Anyone had any hands-on experience with both?

i can only comment on the N97. used a mates one for a while, not a bad fone IMO, if you like QWERTY keys u will love this one, the keys are in the right position for people like me with fat fingers lol... the software i think is still the S60, but still very useable

sooty
28th March 2010, 08:37 PM
Just as another experience, my mate has an N97, and has had to have 4 new ones in the first month since they've all failed (i don't know how), and another mate has just lost theirs for 10 days to be fixed (also within the first 30 days of ownership)

chrissn89
28th March 2010, 08:59 PM
To be honest i have a Nokia N85 8gb and im not happy with it at all the S60 software and firmware seem very buggy. My phone does very random things. If the software worked it would be a good phone tho.

Id skip out on nokia and just get the iPhone 3GS or how about the new HTC HD2.

BEK-46P
28th March 2010, 10:44 PM
Yep, heard and read very good things about the HD2. The N900 is getting praised by nerds everywhere though!

UnKnOwN
28th March 2010, 11:18 PM
2 of my mates has N97 and both have been raging about how crap it is since day 1

Snotty
29th March 2010, 08:37 AM
i was nokia for about 15 years since my first phone in the mid 90's (nokia 1610- google it kids.) (also been with vodafone this entire time) -
I tried other phones over the years but they always sucked, and like you didnt want an iphone because everyone else had them.

then spur of the moment purchase - I bought a 3GS - i now cannot live with out.also because my last phone N95 was a peice of shit, i ended up throwing in the bin as i wasnt going to go for a warranty replacement for the 3rd time.

only gripe is the battery life, but use unlockit.co.nz to stretch it out to 3 days depending on usage..