PDA

View Full Version : IMEI unlocking

Ginge
25th March 2010, 08:02 AM
does any know how, or can tell me how to unblock an IMEI lock on an iPhone?

nuggz
25th March 2010, 10:16 AM
IMEI is a phone serial number

what do you mean by unblock?

brc
25th March 2010, 11:06 AM
If you have a stolen phone that telstra/provider has blocked the IMEI from there network, there is no bypass. change the main board on the phone

guy 27
25th March 2010, 11:11 AM
If you have a stolen phone that telstra/provider has blocked the IMEI from there network, there is no bypass. change the main board on the phone

+1

although there may be a way around it like there was on the 2g. have a read on modmyi.com and you might find what your looking for.

AfterBurner
25th March 2010, 03:02 PM
Tis actually highly illegal... Like rebirthing a car..

I have done it though on older nokia's... There's a proggy called ZiPhone that 'may' do it??

What gen is the iPhone btw...

Ginge
26th March 2010, 08:11 AM
i know its naughty. but i have a lost then recovered iphone
insurance replaced the it. i want to give the old one to a friend

the model in question is a 3g 16gb

nuggz
26th March 2010, 08:18 AM
Don't think this is the right place for it mate.

AfterBurner
26th March 2010, 08:56 AM
As i stated earlier, the only solution i know of is ZiPhone... Try it & let me know if u have any luck...

Ginge
26th March 2010, 02:09 PM
isnt it the nerd zone tho :P

just thought i'd ask!

cheers for the help

brc
26th March 2010, 02:24 PM
You will be ****ed if the supplier finds out what your doing. It's fraud

guy 27
26th March 2010, 02:47 PM
ginge at present there is no way to unlock/change the imei# on the 3g and 3gs iphone. If it were a 1g or 2g version then yes there is a way to do it as it was software based then. in the 3g/s models it is actually another chip on the motherboard with no access onto it.
Your options are either to have a pretty paper weight or get hold of another motherboard in working order that has not been black listed.

AfterBurner
26th March 2010, 02:51 PM
You will be ****ed if the supplier finds out what your doing. It's fraud

Unless they read this forum (highly doubtful). how will they ever know, if his IMEI is different???

brc
26th March 2010, 03:17 PM
Not sure afterburner. I tend to stay clear of illegal activity :)

AfterBurner
26th March 2010, 03:20 PM
Not sure afterburner. I tend to stay clear of illegal activity :)

:hand:

guy 27
26th March 2010, 03:21 PM
The IMEI# has probably been black listed.

What it means is when it was reported lost/stolen a message is sent out to the iphone (regardless if there is a sim inside or not). The phone then locks itself from being used by anyone.

If the replacement motherboard has been black listed in any country other than europe (hint) then it will not work in Australia.

Its a pretty impressive chip they have placed into the iphone to stop stolen copies being able to work. The same chip is also used for tracking the phone even when it is switched off as long as there is charge in the battery.

AfterBurner
26th March 2010, 03:24 PM
The IMEI# has probably been black listed.

What it means is when it was reported lost/stolen a message is sent out to the iphone (regardless if there is a sim inside or not). The phone then locks itself from being used by anyone.

AFAIK, the phone does not lock itself.. The IMEI is blacklisted from the network. Think of it like an IP address for a computer, if the IP has been blocked, you have no network... If you change the IP then WAMMO, it works...

guy 27
26th March 2010, 03:32 PM
AFAIK, the phone does not lock itself.. The IMEI is blacklisted from the network. Think of it like an IP address for a computer, if the IP has been blocked, you have no network... If you change the IP then WAMMO, it works...

you are correct but on the 3g/s iphones its one chip on the motherboard that holds the #. it can be switched off (blacklisted) but not switched back on which is what the OP is trying to achieve.

Also think of it more like a VIN number on a car. Its stamped on the chassis rather than just a piece of software that can be changed.

AfterBurner
26th March 2010, 03:52 PM
\killswitch... Noice...

Party poopers... I spose it was only a matter of time b4 technology changed around IMEI rebirthing etc...

hazrd
26th March 2010, 06:08 PM
the link i am about to post i do not condone ;)

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=iphone+logic+board&_sacat=See-All-Categories

poita
26th March 2010, 08:49 PM
how keen are you on pullin yours apart?

i have a broken iphone here.

imei is not blocked

hazrd
26th March 2010, 09:05 PM
smashed yours already?

poita
26th March 2010, 09:31 PM
found one ;)