PDA

View Full Version : Tip for fathers to be!!

ROCCO
21st March 2010, 09:34 PM
If your going to be a DAD like I will be later this year for the love of god read the next few lines.

If your wife calls you to the other room and says here feel this (your baby kicking) for the love of god don't say "wow that feels weird"

Unless you want to deal with a annoyed and upset women...I learnt this first hand...take it from me

Vectracious
21st March 2010, 09:40 PM
Take it from me - there's worse things you can say than that - prob just the hormones making her fly off the handle.

ROCCO
21st March 2010, 09:42 PM
Yup i'm ready for them but phark me...lol

sooty
21st March 2010, 09:44 PM
Ok, so call me cynical at a young age, but I would have thought you'd have learnt by now that nothing you can possibly say is correct, and you'll always be wrong, and the sooner you admit it, the sooner things will be calmer :p

poita
21st March 2010, 09:59 PM
keep going pete and rocco, im taking notes

ROCCO
21st March 2010, 10:06 PM
Ok, so call me cynical at a young age, but I would have thought you'd have learnt by now that nothing you can possibly say is correct, and you'll always be wrong, and the sooner you admit it, the sooner things will be calmer :p

Nope doesn't work either...just hope you catch her on a good day...otherwise...pray you don't say something wrong...best to think long and hard before asnwering....check and double check and then check some more. i know the hormones go stupid but sometimes one just doesn't think before saying something and that one time is all it takes...

ROCCO
21st March 2010, 10:07 PM
keep going pete and rocco, im taking notes

Poita I saw your tickerfactory thing at the bottom of your post...congrates dude...at the moment i'm taking notes from Pete...he is the wiser one...he is like YODA from star wars...lol

Vectracious
21st March 2010, 10:11 PM
OK imagine this....

You get home from the worst possible day at work EVER at 9pm
It's bin day the next day - bins are not out
You take the bins out when the only thing you want to do is just go to sleep.
Walk in to the house and see the MoE sitting down on the couch - around her are half empty bottles of milk, baby clothes and toys strewn all over the place
You say "you know, you could have at LEAST taken the bins out - and what's with the 3 bottles sitting all over the place - what did you do all day?"

Just keep your mouth shut, pick up all the crap, wash the bottles, take the rubbish out and do a quick tidy up - don't talk, don't make eye contact - don't worry if your back is killing you or you have a major headache or whatever - just get that shit done ASAP and say NOTHING except maybe "I love you" (and even then think long and hard before even saying that)

poita
21st March 2010, 10:43 PM
thanks Rocco, its pretty dam exciting i must say.

congrats to you also :)

pete i say things like that now, just jokingly. but yer the emotions are running high.
she started hysterically crying the other day for no reason. then when i asked her what was wrong, she settled down a little
and realised she was crying over nothing, and started crying even more!

so yer, have learnt already about having to tip toe around what i say

ROCCO
21st March 2010, 11:16 PM

congrats to you also :)

pete i say things like that now, just jokingly. but yer the emotions are running high.
she started hysterically crying the other day for no reason. then when i asked her what was wrong, she settled down a little

LOL your still at the beginning...mate don't want to scare you or nothing but..more to come lol.....I shouldn't laugh...i'm not going to settle down till the GLW is at the hospital...until then...i'm living on the edge...

2002_XC
22nd March 2010, 12:50 AM
OK imagine this....

Walk in to the house and see the MoE sitting down on the couch - around her are half empty bottles of milk, baby clothes and toys strewn all over the place
You say "you know, you could have at LEAST taken the bins out - and what's with the 3 bottles sitting all over the place - what did you do all day?"

Just keep your mouth shut, pick up all the crap, wash the bottles, take the rubbish out and do a quick tidy up - don't talk, don't make eye contact - don't worry if your back is killing you or you have a major headache or whatever - just get that shit done ASAP and say NOTHING except maybe "I love you" (and even then think long and hard before even saying that)

Very wise words. I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep in 6 weeks and to be perfectly honest, the least of my concerns are toys over the house, its a little different with two kids, TRUST ME, shut your mouth and dont whinge about the house, it will never be spotless again... Unfortunately, what you boys dont realise is that at the start more so, being a mother is a 24/7 job. No clocking off, no sick leave, no holidays.. Somedays, it is just tiring

Get used to it!! I'm not a girly girl, but i did cry when i was pregnant with Tahlia because there was too much pepper in my salad

LOL your still at the beginning...mate don't want to scare you or nothing but..more to come lol.....I shouldn't laugh...i'm not going to settle down till the GLW is at the hospital...until then...i'm living on the edge...

you tip toe now, wait till you say somethign stupid while she's in labour, she'll take your manhood off

Here's a word of advice, no matter how much your partner says she doesnt want help because shes pregnant, and shes not made of porcelain, just help her out anyway.

and if youre feeling shit, dont whinge, guaranteed she'll be feeling worse

Oh, and when the midwife says "sex helps to induce labour so get on it" dont look at her and say, "yeah, not a chance" you really dont help her self esteem about how horrible her body looks (to her) by essentially saying there is no way you would have sex with her...

so in conclusion, dont say anything, and do everything she wants

lol

mind you, i was scrubbing and oiling my decking 2 weeks before i was due, and i wasnt snappy, and i didnt have cravings, so i didnt have many of the typical pregnancy things other chicks go through, but it is worth it in the end

guy 27
22nd March 2010, 12:56 AM
mind you, i was scrubbing and oiling my decking 2 weeks before i was due, and i wasnt snappy, and i didnt have cravings, so i didnt have many of the typical pregnancy things other chicks go through, but it is worth it in the end

And that is why Rory is wears the skirt in your house. :lol:

2002_XC
22nd March 2010, 01:00 AM

You heard of that sayong 'if you want something done right, its best to do it yourself', its more of a case of 'if you want something done, do it yourself'...

gmonkey
22nd March 2010, 03:26 AM
Orange spanner....

Nurb608
22nd March 2010, 08:50 AM

Nah, usually just a dressing gown :p

Orange spanner....

lol, shhhhhhhh.

guy 27
23rd March 2010, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPxXU02xOQ...

vectraguy01
24th March 2010, 12:08 AM
Awesome Guy :p

gman
24th March 2010, 08:33 AM
Mine is due in July...You should try moving countries, buying cars, finding houses, buying furniture etc etc with a pregnant female running around....

Its like the old adage, its better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt....Except in this case, you not only called a fool, everything you say is wrong (even agreeing with them is wrong) and it can result in actual physical injury....

Ice
24th March 2010, 09:06 AM
OK imagine this....

which scenario did you take ?

Ucchhhh no wonder I dont want to get married and have children.....

Vectracious
24th March 2010, 10:01 PM
which scenario did you take ?

Ucchhhh no wonder I dont want to get married and have children.....

I had the sense to keep my mouth shut before actually saying "what have you been doing all day". Although I freely admit that I did "think" it....

Jeenous
24th March 2010, 10:28 PM
the idle of your life
must be your wife
what is yours is now hers
what is hers remains hers
remember these words and you will be at ease
remember your wife and you will be safe
for nothing will ever be yours

OPC
31st March 2010, 02:06 AM
I had the sense to keep my mouth shut before actually saying "what have you been doing all day". Although I freely admit that I did "think" it....

i dont even have to think it and dianne snaps" i know you think i do nothing but watch TV all day...

BUT...

i do this and this and this and this and this and this and this,

then after that i do this and that and this and that"

so its best to shut up and get her a drink and listen to what she has been thru all day...

then u can relax... well not just yet... your daughter has been trying to get your attention for the last 20 seconds dont ignore her too "she says"

03srit
31st March 2010, 10:42 AM
Geez all of this is starting to scare me of having kids yet alone proposing..

Nurb608
31st March 2010, 11:44 AM
Geez all of this is starting to scare me of having kids yet alone proposing..

You learn to tune out :p

*runs and hides*

gman
31st March 2010, 12:14 PM
Actually you got that round the wrong way mate...

First you run and hide, then you tune out so you can't hear them yelling at you that your not around!!!! :)

03srit
31st March 2010, 12:51 PM

*runs and hides*

Lol brave man.. I'll try to practice that now :)

Nurb608
31st March 2010, 01:18 PM

First you run and hide, then you tune out so you can't hear them yelling at you that your not around!!!! :)

Ah, i knew something was wrong there :)

2002_XC
31st March 2010, 03:01 PM

*runs and hides*

you boys suck ass:buttkick:

gman
31st March 2010, 03:41 PM
you boys suck ass:buttkick:

LOL :D

Its cheaper to hide than buying a kevlar helmet or a present for everytime you get in trouble.... ;)

2002_XC
31st March 2010, 04:51 PM
LOL :D

Its cheaper to hide than buying a kevlar helmet or a present for everytime you get in trouble.... ;)

If I was married to one of you guys, you'd need more than kevlar lol :yesnod::lol:

gman
31st March 2010, 05:11 PM
If I was married to one of you guys, you'd need more than kevlar lol :yesnod::lol:

LOL...

You gotta remember, we all talk tough but I'd be prepared to bet dollars to donuts that as soon as there's no one around the tough talkin' stops and the cleaning starts... :)

2002_XC
31st March 2010, 05:33 PM
haha I love it

Vectracious
31st March 2010, 09:26 PM
LOL...

You gotta remember, we all talk tough but I'd be prepared to bet dollars to donuts that as soon as there's no one around the tough talkin' stops and the cleaning starts... :)

the man speaketh the truth!!! :D

Nurb608
31st March 2010, 09:30 PM
LOL...

the man speaketh the truth!!! :D

Soft.......

That is all :p

ROCCO
31st March 2010, 10:41 PM
Soft.......

That is all :p

LOL this coming from someone that said a page before run and hide...LOL...

I'm investing in a Panic room....just big enough for myself and my mate max (my 2 year old lab)

gman
31st March 2010, 10:46 PM
two words

chocolate

valium

2002_XC
31st March 2010, 11:32 PM
two words

chocolate

valium

stuff the chocolate... Kahlua instead :arf:

Nurb608
1st April 2010, 08:37 AM
LOL this coming from someone that said a page before run and hide...LOL...

Yeah, but i'm still hiding whilst saying it. :)