PDA

View Full Version : opps... insurance

jastra
19th March 2010, 06:36 PM
Found out today that i am with allianz and obviously with my list of mods that wont cover me...
Who would be good?
i did a lil research,
JUST CAR ~1900 (dad as primary driver)
ALLIANZ -NO
QBE - NO
SHANNONS - NO
GIO - ~ 1300 (dad as primary driver) excess is 1000 incl mod excess

and other companies i may have missed?

Cheers

MatsHolden
19th March 2010, 06:39 PM
Did you realise that listing your dad as the primary driver to keep the premium down when you are really the primary driver can make your policy void? If they prove it (and they have their ways) then you're up the creek.

chrissn89
19th March 2010, 06:44 PM
Try AAMI they are really good to me.

xplosv57
19th March 2010, 06:50 PM
you dont really have any expensive mods, id just insure your car as standard under your name, just car seems to be the best for people at your age...

jastra
19th March 2010, 07:06 PM
i think its the fact that im considerd higher risk and ii know but thats what the broker did originally...
EDIT: GIO (me as primary driver) 3,539.28 modified suspension, window tint

liam
19th March 2010, 09:14 PM
AAMI are fantastic, for me they charge no premium for a P plater! With mums no claims ect the astra is about $600 PA for me. The only condition is that should I crash I pay a $1700 excess. Modifications are all acceptable as long as they are declared.

dutchy
19th March 2010, 09:26 PM
+1 for AAMI.

guy 27
19th March 2010, 09:26 PM
as said above, if your the primary driver let them know that.

Also AFAIK it no longer matters if the insurance is under someone else who is older, the cost will always be for the youngest aged driver. I found this out when I got sick of paying over $1k P.A. and tried to do the same as you. I just sucked it up and realised if I want my car with the mods I will have to pay for it.

PrincessPeachey
19th March 2010, 09:29 PM
aami +2.

maloo97
19th March 2010, 09:34 PM
Go Aami. Put the policy in your dads name although put yourself down on the policy as a driver.
Well worth it.

jastra
19th March 2010, 09:42 PM
as said above, if your the primary driver let them know that.

Also AFAIK it no longer matters if the insurance is under someone else who is older, the cost will always be for the youngest aged driver. I found this out when I got sick of paying over $1k P.A. and tried to do the same as you. I just sucked it up and realised if I want my car with the mods I will have to pay for it.
yeh but 3,539.28 for modded suspension and tint...

xplosv57
19th March 2010, 09:43 PM
i must be the only one who hasnt had a good experience with aami, paid some horrendous money as an 18 year old for a bone sock commodore, they wanted to see the car (it was damn straight and clean) and they lied on their report on the car condition saying it has quite a bit of exterior damage.....

then i had an accident and they took ages to organise an assessor and to get the car repaired, and they screwed me 2 ratings cos they removed my driver training rating decrease...

although they are underwritten by aami, ive had better experiences with just car insurance, very helpful, quick to organise car repairs and they gave me regular updates on the repairs!!!

guy 27
19th March 2010, 09:49 PM
yeh but 3,539.28 for modded suspension and tint...

keep calling other places, there are heaps of insurance mobs out there. when I got my astra I was 18 with a rating 5 and with justcar. agreed value of 18k (tint included) and cost $1.5k.

have you had any accidents or fines since you had your license? because they will usually raise your premium.

also with JC you can raise your excess so your premiums are lower. just try not to have an accident thats your fault.

jastra
19th March 2010, 10:07 PM
just did online with AAMI, its 1258 pa with tint exhaust mod and lowering.excess is 1550 however. that doesnt seem too bad. and that is with me as a primary driver. what sort of discount do u get with driver training course? cuz i will be doing that hopefully in the next couple of weeks... yeh thats the idea and i dont plan to. but you nver know :S and no i havent well i have, but because the cars registerd in my dads name and there were no demerits involved we just left it

Shay
19th March 2010, 10:18 PM
mate those prices are ridiculous.
and btw, i made a thread with heaps of companies and price comparisons. do a search with "insurance" and threads started by shay

gmonkey
19th March 2010, 11:30 PM
hmmm damn aami :p

Thank you for your request for a motor insurance quotation.
We were unable to offer you an automatic online insurance quotation due to the following:

The value of your non-standard CD Player/sound system

jastra
20th March 2010, 12:56 AM
Do u have to declare that tho? That's only to cover the stereo itself right??

gmonkey
20th March 2010, 01:03 AM
yeh but its more than likely if my car got broken into thatd be wat gets stolen :p and its pretty much 1/3 the value of my car ahahah

jastra
20th March 2010, 02:32 AM
lol true that :P

ASTRAY
20th March 2010, 07:38 AM
driving history will always be the biggest determining factor...
eg,
how long you have been driving (most only count from when you got your p plates)
and if there have been any claims in the past 3 or 5 years.

i got my p plates at 22, got my astra at 23 and the insurance was $1300/year. (my holden dealer chose nrma)
within 5 years i had it down to around $800
if you have your green slip with the same insurer it helps.

Jeenous
20th March 2010, 11:16 AM
i with just car with astra and cali.. cali modded too.. ALso just car are a sub sid of aami

jastra
21st March 2010, 01:51 PM
Does aami not care about infringments?? Because with the online quote they didn't ask about it...

gmonkey
21st March 2010, 02:17 PM
infringements seems no one cares... suspensions terminations they do but

jastra
21st March 2010, 02:25 PM
yeh i figured that cuz they all ask :P