PDA

View Full Version : Dent removal question

GreyRex
18th March 2010, 09:26 AM
I've never looked in to this before, but does anyone know anything about Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)?

I have a dent under the rear window in my 3 door AH. It's not enormous (to me it looks like it was caused by a household wheelie bin you put on your naturestrip)... but because it's such a large panel on a black car, it stands out.

It's probably about the size of a 10c piece

I seriously don't want to take it to a panel shop, as i'm sick and tired of the ineptitude of dealing with Panel Shops where 'that'll be ok', mismatched paint, possibly coming back with more damage than it was left with (while in their workshop) and generally a crappy job. I've had bad experiences getting my car repaired after it was keyed...

I've seen this website for Melbourne http://www.dentaway.com.au/index.html

Obviously we've just had the hailstorms here in Melbourne, so I might have to wait a while. That's not the issue. All im thinking is, does anyone know what the general quality of this type of repair will be?

Looks like i'll be in for between $120 - $150, which seems ok.

Any experiences or opinions on this?

Thanks

guy 27
18th March 2010, 02:20 PM
will be 99% perfect. Prices seem about right.

Will see if I can find my brothers friends number down there who does very high quality work with it.

I will be getting the equipment to do it all later in the year if you can wait.

Keep'emRunning
18th March 2010, 04:17 PM
I had 4 trolley dings pushed out from the rear qtr after I got the car, costed $130 but I did all the prep like removing the door cards (and even rear seat for better access) myself.

Can't even tell, absolutely perfect job & only took 40mins while I waited (and watched which was even better)

Still need to have one fixed on the other side, told me it would cost $100 (it's on a crease which is a little harder to get perfect)

Do it!

GreyRex
18th March 2010, 04:40 PM
Due to the position of mine, I dont know if it'll be hard or not

I'll try and take a photo to see what people think

HoldenAstra
19th March 2010, 03:36 PM
watch this matehttp://www.metacafe.com/watch/820799/secret_paintless_dent_removal_technique_easy_and_c heap/
and the question is where to get Dry ICE
hope it helps!

sooty
19th March 2010, 04:14 PM
watch this matehttp://www.metacafe.com/watch/820799/secret_paintless_dent_removal_technique_easy_and_c heap/
and the question is where to get Dry ICE
hope it helps!
Doesn't work, don't bother.

Petey
21st March 2010, 12:18 AM
I had a small 5cent sized dent removed near petrol cap panel a year ago by a PDR guy that my local Holden, Mazda and Toyota dealerships use. Charged $60. He got it from the inside & caressed it out. Cannot tell its there now!

SIMid
21st March 2010, 10:42 AM
Saw this being done of Fifth Gear a few weeks ago on a Puma they bought at Aution. They had like coat hangers and fed it through the window gap.

I've got a minute one on my Astra (someone's door?). So I may look into it as well later in the year.