PDA

View Full Version : Easternats Dead

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 07:21 PM
Well, just seems like another "bend over car lovers" from whoever is managing Calder Park these days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vlmuzza/Misc/34pca5j.jpg

Seriously, manage the venue properly or close the doors for good :mad2:

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 07:40 PM
bloody hell, shouldve kept it at sandown and told the whinging locals to shove it!!!!

well at least all the westies can stop bragging how they 'stole' the Nats from the south east..........

MatsHolden
15th March 2010, 07:41 PM
Bloody hell, what a joke. That just frustrates me. Calder could be a magnificant motorsport haven but no.

MatsHolden
15th March 2010, 07:42 PM
bloody hell, shouldve kept it at sandown and told the whinging locals to shove it!!!!

Most of them would have moved there well after the race track was there too. What a crock.

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 07:44 PM
Bloody hell, what a joke. That just frustrates me. Calder could be a magnificant motorsport haven but no.

Completey agree! The track is actually in quite good shape at the moment, just needs a few more lights on the back of the circuit for twilight races. Not sure about the dome though. The thing is, Calder didn't even announce this, it had to come from somewhere else. I was talking to the Security guys today and they were meant to have a meeting this week about it so they weren't even aware it was cancelled!

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 07:47 PM

considering the amount of money spent recently on refurbishing the track, it could well be the best place for motorsport cos its so close to the city compared to other tracks like Winton and Phillip Island!!

Most of them would have moved there well after the race track was there too. What a crock.

id go as far as saying ALL of them moved after the track existed, as the track has been there since the 60s.....

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 07:49 PM
Completey agree! The track is actually in quite good shape at the moment, just needs a few more lights on the back of the circuit for twilight races. Not sure about the dome though. The thing is, Calder didn't even announce this, it had to come from somewhere else. I was talking to the Security guys today and they were meant to have a meeting this week about it so they weren't even aware it was cancelled!

thats absurd, poor management somewhere!!! with only 2 weeks till the event, its way too late to announce its been cancelled, there will be alot of workshops and competitors who would have spent lots of time and monet getting cars ready for it..........

im with you Rory, NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 07:51 PM
Forgot about all the entrants.... this may turn ugly i think!

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 08:03 PM
Forgot about all the entrants.... this may turn ugly i think!

YEP, just jumped on the LS1 forums and its already starting to turn sour, but alot of people pointing the blame at Bob Jane...... dont know if thats fair but you would know better Rory??

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 08:07 PM
YEP, just jumped on the LS1 forums and its already starting to turn sour, but alot of people pointing the blame at Bob Jane...... dont know if thats fair but you would know better Rory??

Um, yeah, I do, but can't really post up some of what I know on here. I'll send ya a pm :p

hazrd
15th March 2010, 08:08 PM
oh for fuks sake

and the cops wonder why theres a lot of stupid c*nts on the road, because theres no fkn track for them to take it out on

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 08:12 PM
oh for fuks sake

and the cops wonder why theres a lot of stupid c*nts on the road, because theres no fkn track for them to take it out on

some qoutes from LS1 are already stating if its not held, that the drags will be held on the highway............

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 08:14 PM
some qoutes from LS1 are already stating if its not held, that the drags will be held on the highway............

Well atleast thats still not far for me to go :)

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 08:20 PM
specifically princes highway, so sorry you westies gotta travel back to the eastside YO haha!!!

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 08:21 PM
specifically princes highway, so sorry you westies gotta travel back to the eastside YO haha!!!

damn Karma :p

ROCCO
15th March 2010, 08:24 PM
+1....I remember when it was the highway that was used....What a joke...thats pissed me right off....I know alot of members of LS1 forums...there pissed alot ppl I know getting cars ready

MatsHolden
15th March 2010, 08:47 PM
I can see a protest being organised... 100's of V8's bringing a major highway to a standstill.

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 08:50 PM
I can see a protest being organised... 100's of V8's bringing a major highway to a standstill.

dammit, time to find and borrow the blue calais for a night.............

hazrd
15th March 2010, 08:55 PM
dammit, time to find and borrow the blue calais for a night.............

*starts to organise an OA "eaternats protest" meet*

Nurb608
15th March 2010, 08:57 PM
*starts to organise an OA "eaternats protest" meet*

How many V8's can we borrow, lol

ROCCO
15th March 2010, 09:02 PM
How many V8's can we borrow, lol
I can get at least 20 to turn up

hazrd
15th March 2010, 09:04 PM
I can get at least 20 to turn up

can get a shitload from VSS rock up... they can do all the skids for us lol

xplosv57
15th March 2010, 09:19 PM
ill pinch an 8 from work..........

hazrd
15th March 2010, 10:48 PM
ill pinch an 8 from work..........

i heard BMW could sponsor OA in this event........................

CNBLU
15th March 2010, 11:07 PM
1 phone call uleh and the highway will be packed!!

Vectracious
16th March 2010, 12:14 AM
better yet - go and hold it in front of Mr and Mrs "Nothing Better to do than complain"'s near Sandown who prob moved into the area after the racetrack was there and killed the event because of 2 days of noise during the year....... :rolleyes:

2002_XC
17th March 2010, 05:02 PM
From the Calder website......

Easternats cancellation
Calder Park would like all parties concerned to be absolutely clear as to the cancellation of the Easternats scheduled to be held at Calder Park from April 3-5, 2010, and therefore present the following facts.
Fact one
The Easternats under the direction of Jon Davison, the event Promoter, is responsible for the cancellation of the event.
Fact two
Calder Park, the venue owner, was only notified at 5:57pm on Monday evening (March 15) via Email of the event cancellation.
Fact three
Calder Park considers the cancellation of the event to be premature.
Calder Park management is willing to proceed with the event should certain contractual agreements be met.
Fact four
Calder Park is generally apologetic to any persons that have entered or who were looking forward to this coming event.
Calder Park is concerned that the blame for the cancellation has been directed at Calder Park and Bob Jane.
The Easternats cancellation is the direct responsibility of Jon Davison and the Easternats Management and their unwillingness to proceed with the event.
All complaints should be directed to Jon Davison, the Easternats Promoter and Manager.
Ian MacArthur,
General Manager,
Calder Park

xplosv57
17th March 2010, 05:31 PM
glad u put that up Kylie, cos Bob Jane and Calder Park have been copping alot of negative abuse over this which is really unfair...

2002_XC
17th March 2010, 06:27 PM
theres alot of abuse of facebook too which is getting nasty... just playing devils advocate. At the end of the day, they (both Easternats management and Calder Park) shouldnt have announced that it was happening before the contracts were signed... at least that shows that Calder are still trying to have it resolved

kabel
17th March 2010, 09:56 PM
Seems we had a similar case on the West Coast with the cancellation of the V8 Supercars at Wanneroo recently,the drama even made the front page of the West Australian Newspaper.
HSV and FPV sell more cars in WA than any other state,you don`t think there are some p%^&d off people here !

We also have the most attended permanent motorsport venue in the country in Kwinana Motorplex,but still the government does not see anymore than 'hoons' when it comes to supporting any event that does not involve 36 blokes chasing an inflated pigskin around an oval.

Sorry I think I have not stuck to the topic and vented unnessessarily about a non related matter !
:deadhorse:

Snotty
20th March 2010, 09:02 AM
any of you involved last night, i didnt think there would be because the reports said high performance cars.

sooty
20th March 2010, 09:40 AM
What a pack of absolute braindead bogans. How did they think that was going to help their cause at all? If you go to YouTube and watch the videos, takes one idiot to start the vandalism, followed by a bunch of sheep, too bad they're caught on camera from about 400 angles. Hope they get caught and charged.

On other news, 4000 posts means I'm officially a whore :p

2002_XC
20th March 2010, 10:09 AM
:incazzato:****ing Oath, there is no way in hell Bob Jane will let easternats go ahead with these dickheads being the ones he is having there... What a way to **** it for everyone... I hope they find every single one of those bogans and crush every one of their cars and the cars of their friends and families...

*Vent Vent Vent*

:incazzato:

Nurb608
20th March 2010, 10:21 AM
:incazzato:****ing Oath, there is no way in hell Bob Jane will let easternats go ahead with these dickheads being the ones he is having there... What a way to **** it for everyone... I hope they find every single one of those bogans and crush every one of their cars and the cars of their friends and families...

*Vent Vent Vent*

:incazzato:

+1

Thanks to all the dickheads who just f**ked the melbourne car sceene for a long time!

Snotty
20th March 2010, 10:23 AM
? If you go to YouTube and watch the videos, takes one idiot to start the vandalism, followed by a bunch of sheep, too bad they're caught on camera from about 400 angles.p

link?

sooty
20th March 2010, 10:29 AM
link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooQOrNfPjU

2002_XC
20th March 2010, 10:34 AM
I'm officially a whore :p

Congrats... I think? :P

Snotty
20th March 2010, 10:39 AM
credit where credit is due, pretty good turn out for only 5 days to put together lol. hippies take much longer than that to organise.
you could see it would go bad, they were all standing doing nothing, standing on a highway isnt a protest. got rocks in your head if you thought it was going to be a peaceful protest.

sooty
20th March 2010, 10:43 AM
Congrats... I think? :P

Sure, why not :D

Nurb608
20th March 2010, 11:07 AM
credit where credit is due, pretty good turn out for only 5 days to put together lol. hippies take much longer than that to organise.
you could see it would go bad, they were all standing doing nothing, standing on a highway isnt a protest. got rocks in your head if you thought it was going to be a peaceful protest.

It's easier to organise sheep, now that they have facebook :)

Your right though, anyone that thought this was going to be peaceful was kidding themselves.

Jeenous
20th March 2010, 11:14 AM
could well imagine how much that is going to get the cops patrolling that highway now.. because its well known they browse the popular forums...

Snotty
20th March 2010, 11:41 AM
well one thing is a given - any respect (allbeit litte) that car "enthusiasts" had from the general public/businesses is now gooooooone. nowchance in hell bob jane will be back, and other companies will think twice.

theyve done themselves no favours - and if they are too stupid to realise that - then they deserve to lose easter nats.

Nurb608
20th March 2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, pity the actions of the minority affect the majority :(

ROCCO
20th March 2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah, pity the actions of the minority affect the majority :(

Special thanks goes out to those dick heads....the true modified car community its now phucked because of them.
Half of them probably don't even drive cars...

greeny
20th March 2010, 02:06 PM
for all the people who do the right thing and went just to protest good
but for those who damaged things f**k you there goes easternats for evrr and ever

hazrd
20th March 2010, 06:21 PM
lol

the prinny crew cut loose on that one because KFC was just next door and hungry jacks was across the road

DJM83
20th March 2010, 07:04 PM
+1

Thanks to all the dickheads who just f**ked the melbourne car sceene for a long time!
These people have a lot to answer for, id hazard a guess they arent even real car enthusiasts. Just people that think they have have an interest in cars, and were hell bent on destruction.

Keep'emRunning
20th March 2010, 09:04 PM
absolutely shameful.. fortunately judging by the number of ppl holding cameras, there's probably a ton of high def footage that hasn't even been seen yet.

And from the existing video, there's already names being put to faces on some local forums... sick 'em rex!

poita
20th March 2010, 09:13 PM
the last 5-10 years of ppl trying to do teh right thing in the car community to show ppl we arent a bunch of yobos and they turn around and do this.

feel sorry for all you vic guys who are gonna get arse raped every time your car hits the street

hazrd
20th March 2010, 09:30 PM
mines staying in the garage for a little longer now...

just reading other forums, a lot of the genuine enthusiasts are pretty pissed off at these idiots...

picked this up from one of them... maybe we should get on the bandwagon too...
this same forum i got this from might be organising a cruise to collect some money to donate to the Oakleigh franchise to show them that the genuine enthusiasts are on their side

Only idiots take part in this type criminal action.

I can never understand Bob Jane every-time there seems to be some good will and understanding for these type of events he cancels them, any wonder people are sick of Calder and looking for a new solution for drag and motor-sport events.

=================================================
Current email in circulation.

Many of you would have seen the Premier of Victoria’s facebook.

On there is a poll for the most popular subject.

The new Drag Racing venue has topped the poll.

Now to vote on the poll you must register. This is to ensure that those responding are Victorians.

So please everyone of you…go to the following link – register – then support the poll! (Errr – NOW!!!!)

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/share-your-ideas/item/root/build-a-drag-strip-in-melbourne.html

Do it now guys as we have their attention and they are trying to see how many ‘Victorians’ want this…and get friends and relations who are supportive to do the same!

poita
20th March 2010, 09:33 PM
Throw it up in a new thread Adz, as I have no doubt Victorian OpelAus members 100% support it

CNBLU
21st March 2010, 11:21 AM
What dickheads, seriously need to weed out these guys and make them pay for all the damage

Vectracious
21st March 2010, 12:23 PM
What a bunch of f*cking idiots - that's the Bob Jane Store I go to and have gone to for anything tyre related for my cars - I know the owner and the manager there and they and their staff are decent guys and girls........ what f*cking fault is it of theirs to get their store and property trashed?

Name and shame the little wankers who did this to the store and get them to pay every last cent for the damage they caused. Agree with all the comments above though - these are all braindead morons who have no idea about being car enthusiasts. They are also braindead because they think damaging a Bob Jane store is going to get back at Bob Jane - not realising its a franchise and its the small business owner who is going to cop it.

kabel
21st March 2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooQOrNfPjU

These people must be kidding.......:buttkick:

xplosv57
21st March 2010, 10:19 PM
glad bob jane made an appearance at phillip island today, its such a bad situation hes involved in and i feel bad for him, this 'retarded' generation just dont know all he has done for motorsport here in vic and dont realise that by damaging a building with his name on it is more going to push the goverment of scrapping more motorsport events.........

plus there seems to be alot of bogan bashing, but id have to say, there were alot more fully sick ulehs causing trouble than any bogans!!!

Vectracious
21st March 2010, 10:29 PM
plus there seems to be alot of bogan bashing, but id have to say, there were alot more fully sick ulehs causing trouble than any bogans!!!

OK we need to be really careful now about what we say about this - there does seem to be a lot of finger pointing at the moment and there was definately lots of bogans and fully sick uleh's there on Sat night if you look at the video footage but if you look at the photo's from The Age photographer (who also got bashed) the three douche's who started kicking the windows in at the store were definately not uleh's. They've even been named and shamed on some facebook groups and the names aren't of uleh/fully sik decent.

xplosv57
21st March 2010, 10:31 PM
ok well its probably easier to describe them as just basic morons in general, regardless of background, just morons!!

Vectracious
21st March 2010, 10:34 PM
I think its fair to say the majority of people there were just f*ckwits looking to create controversy and just using this as an excuse. I reckon I wouldn't be wrong that the majority of people there on Sat night probably own nothing more than a POS VN or ex-taxi Falcon or a shitbox Lancer with a milo tin on the back and consider themselves "modified car enthusiasts"

xplosv57
21st March 2010, 10:37 PM
I think its fair to say the majority of people there were just f*ckwits looking to create controversy and just using this as an excuse. I reckon I wouldn't be wrong that the majority of people there on Sat night probably own nothing more than a POS VN or ex-taxi Falcon or a shitbox Lancer with a milo tin on the back and consider themselves "modified car enthusiasts"

id go as far as saying some werent even old enough to hold a license to drive their ex taxis!!

ROCCO
21st March 2010, 10:39 PM
id go as far as saying some werent even old enough to hold a license to drive their ex taxis!!

yup i've been saying that all along. How the hell can you call your self an enthusist if you are still on your freaking red Ps?? you havn't been driving long enough ffs...

Vectracious
21st March 2010, 10:40 PM
yeah def some 15-16 year olds in the crowd thinking their badass for being part of a bunch of dickheads throwing poles through the windows of a small-business

poita
21st March 2010, 10:48 PM
thats what people dont realise either pete, bob janes are franchised.

even though the name out the front is on hundreds of stores across aus, the repair bill comes out of the pockets of the owner of that store.

same with hn, autobarn too

its a fukin disgrace and i hope every single one of them gets what they deserve.
them being named and shamed is a great step for showing that the whole of the car community is jsut made up of mindless fuks like these guys

CNBLU
22nd March 2010, 08:40 AM
Well ive been speaking to some of the younger guys at work at they seem to know the guys in the videos.....so its just a matter of time before someone rats them out to the cops

MatsHolden
22nd March 2010, 10:04 PM
Just a disgrace. Throw the book at everyone of these idiots.
At the same time i'm sick of the media only having an interest in any car 'enthusiast' related items when it's only about the wankers who are NOT enthusiasts at all.
If they covered the events like the Phillip Island Classic Festival of Motorsport on the weekend then that would show the events we real enthusiasts attend.

The other thing that is so frustrating is that the participants of this riot have damaged the chances of any Government funding for a new motorsport facility in Victoria. But I can probably say ALL of these idiots would never have made use of this facility anyway, so thanks for ruining it for the people who do use these facilities.

TheOperator
23rd March 2010, 09:37 AM
Mat you are spot on!!!

Not sure if anyone saw ACA last night but they covered it and as usual they did so in their misinformed and dramatized fashion :RollingEyes:

I particularly like how every time they do a story on this type of thing "hoons" and "car enthusiasts" get used in the same sentence as if it is the same thing :incazzato: They clearly have their own agenda of sensationalist journalism and don't care who else they have to stomp on and ruin for a story :yesnod:

The clear loser in all this is "US", the real car enthusiasts :yesnod:

Keep'emRunning
23rd March 2010, 01:34 PM
Was waiting on that ACA story as they certainly had plenty of ammuntion to create a lot of negativity towards car enthusiasts from the general public (which they've probably succeeded at doing)

Unfortunately, it wasn't only the few doing the damage that were labelled as hoons, but the hundreds of 'enthusiasts' cheering them for their actions. I'm sure most of those in attendance are screaming media hype as well... but their passive behaviour in not only standing by and not doing anything, but kindling it into something bigger, certainly earned them the reputation they've be handed.

nuggz
23rd March 2010, 02:11 PM
Well since everyones free that weekend now
does any one want to volunteer for Good friday appeal roadside collections? =)