PDA

View Full Version : the new project completed (front skirt colour coding)

Anonymous
2nd October 2004, 01:00 PM
well i have sprayed another peice of my car with great ease lol well kinda, did the front skirt to match the rest of the car and stuffed it up once and had to start again but it worked out in the end and i reakon it looks fantasic :D tell me what you all think :D yes its another poll

heres a before and after shot
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=287

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=288

Anonymous
2nd October 2004, 01:13 PM
do yourself a favour and remove the lion or the sticker

Aus-SRi
2nd October 2004, 01:17 PM
Not bad at all, for a DIY :) next step OPEL grille :D

AnthonyW
2nd October 2004, 01:18 PM
Ummm i dont think the cops would like the opel sticker on the headlight :shock:

Mitch
2nd October 2004, 03:49 PM
Looks nice but I prefer the before one. :)

YuSuF
2nd October 2004, 04:01 PM
Its getting better everytime, but whats the deal with the headlight sticker :?: :screwy:

gaero
2nd October 2004, 04:03 PM
are u gonna do the fins below the rego?

sticker over the light is looking for trouble

sunny
2nd October 2004, 04:21 PM
sticker over the light is looking for trouble

ditto to that

Bernard Siong
2nd October 2004, 05:18 PM
LOL go the DIY

wishbone
2nd October 2004, 05:38 PM
i asked about color coding that too when i got my car. and they say because its not plastic.. the paint will peel off once u hit something on it.
just what i hear..

Anonymous
2nd October 2004, 07:44 PM
yea but it was easy to spray to i can just re do it lol, as for the grille i am awaiting my opel one this one was just to test out how it would look so i dont screw it up next time lol, the cops havnt pulled me up for the sticker yet :roll: i got RBT'd and the copsorta looked at it but he didnt do a thing so i dont think they care and yes it was at night

NPR
3rd October 2004, 10:06 PM
yeh does it have opel at the back or is it still holden badged? coz having opel across the front with the lion is sorta stupid

~Kupu~
3rd October 2004, 10:32 PM
:roll:

Mitch
3rd October 2004, 11:11 PM
Caring so much about the Holden badge that is on your car that you have to replace it is sorta stupid too. j/k :wink: :lol:

Anonymous
4th October 2004, 07:33 PM
nah it just sets it apart from the normal holden badged astra and i like the flash alot better then the lion, but yah anyways this is about my front bar :P not the badges

BoostedAstra
5th October 2004, 08:45 AM
Mate ya need more paint on the lower part of the bar, u can still tell its not thick enough for the black not to discolor it. As said before not bad for a home job, did ya rub the plastic back before painting? my original Sri had the black bits resprayed and one of the side strips had to be done again after bout a month as it started to peel cuz they had not rub it back enough......

Anonymous
5th October 2004, 09:09 AM
mmm yes well i did spray it once, then my father came in and was like, you know thats rubber dont you? i was like ummmm yea.... and he goes well.... did you rub it down? so he made me strip the whole thing again and rub it down :P plus i will be getting a body kit soon anyways :P