PDA

View Full Version : Opelisation

Konrad
11th March 2010, 11:04 PM
Not sure if im posting in the right section, but looking to replace, the holden badges on front back and steering wheel in an astra ts 02. Had a look on ebay but i want to make sure of exactly what im looking for so i dont get the short end of the deal. Could anyone guide on the deminsions, and or link to some appropriate sites with the contents that im looking for.

Cheers

hazrd
12th March 2010, 09:20 AM
i can see you have messaged in Dani's for sale thread.... and to answer your question, yes those badges fit a TS (test fitted one on a mates TS) just send trent an email and he will give you his bank details.... the email address is at the top of Dani's thread...

Mr & Mrs Vectra
27th April 2010, 07:06 PM
Further to the above; as I understand it, Danni's badges won't fit/cover the holes on the Vec B hatch.:(

What are peoples tips re: sourcing suitably sized badges that cover the recently vacated holes on the hatch. I'm after centrecap badges too, and of course we all have a steering wheel.

I'd be especially interested in some feedback from folks on how badges have faired after a year or two. It's all very well get shiny cheap shite off the bay but what is it gonna look like after a week in Aussie sun?

Are we able to get genuine Opel here in Oz?

FYI, applicable diameters are: Hatch-67.5mm, Centrecaps-45.3mm, Steer. wheel-37.8mm

ChrisMaz
27th April 2010, 07:32 PM
Try ebay.co.uk for the hatch and the centre caps. For the steering wheels once again try UK ebay or what a lot of members have done is use domedbadge.co.uk

This ebay store I highly recommend for all opel/GM badges.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/OPELISE-1st-for-Brand-New-GM-Badges__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Shay
27th April 2010, 07:59 PM
I got a Opel Genuine rear one nearly a year ago. still shiny. and still holding on, tho your can see that it has pulled away a little bit. plus the pins were wrong anyway so i had to cut them off.
i was under the impression that Dannis' ones would fit the back of ours fine.

steering wheel one i have came from the centrecap of an astra.

grill is the hardest to find. and going genuine is pretty much the only way.

Vectracious
28th April 2010, 01:20 AM
can get genuine stuff from eBay - and it will be a lot cheaper too. don't go to carshine - you will have to give them your kidney to get a grille.

ROCCO
28th April 2010, 12:44 PM
Only a kidney...they must have reduced there prices somewhat...last time I had a look there they were asking for a kidney and a left nut...

Shay
28th April 2010, 12:47 PM
Only a kidney...they must have reduced there prices somewhat...last time I had a look there they were asking for a kidney and a left nut...

how much they asking?

Vectracious
28th April 2010, 02:14 PM
how much they asking?

haven't looked for a while, but I remember looking at standard Opel grills for my Veccy when I had it and they quoted me $300+ for a facelift grille. I went OS that year and picked up a grill and badging from an Opel dealer in Greece for what ended up being 150AUD with conversion. Doubt carshine would have changed that much since then.

Shay
28th April 2010, 04:08 PM
fair enough. my opc was 230 im pretty sure.
std opel was about 170

both through Irmscher Bitz

PrincessPeachey
28th April 2010, 06:53 PM
for straight out badges carshine aren't too bad, but its when you want grilles they go mental.. i mean its a piece of plastic either way..

ROCCO
28th April 2010, 11:02 PM
naa wouldn't go near them...carshine want $52 for a rear opel blitz badge for the H...hell go on ebay uk and you could get the front and rear and postage for that price

Mr & Mrs Vectra
30th April 2010, 12:26 AM
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Shay

can see that it has pulled away a little bit. plus the pins were wrong anyway so i had to cut them off.

This is exactly what I'm looking to avoid. The problem with the bay as I see it is that folks have long since left their positive feedback when their badges or whatever are falling apart/off or the like.

Nonetheless, I've seen the Opelise stuff, and if it seems to stand the test of time I'll pusue that option. Thanks Chris.

Shay, was that price for a new grill? I've got that bit sorted but I aint feelin so good about the price I paid anymore. :blush2:

Shay
30th April 2010, 12:34 AM
from where i got all my stuff, 195 for std slatted, or 239 for OPC.
i went OPC cos it looks mint and i dont care if my car isnt actually the OPC variant