PDA

View Full Version : FPV Focus

btm
8th March 2010, 08:34 AM
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/fpvs-change-of-focus-20100305-pog0.html

Ford's FPV performance division could soon have its first true pocket rocket for Australia as the world downsizes and looks to more efficient vehicles.

Ford product development group vice-president Derrick Kuzak told Drive at the Geneva motor show that a new hot hatch based on the next-generation Ford Focus would generate a performance model that could wear an FPV badge.
"We will produce a global performance model of the next-generation Focus," said Mr Kuzak, who confirmed it would use Ford's newly branded EcoBoost range of turbocharged engines.

Ford told Drive at January's Detroit motor show that the Focus hot hatch would use a version of the 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine that would power the Falcon from next year.

"We haven't talked about the nomenclature yet," Mr Kuzak said when questioned about what the new Focus hot hatch could be called. "[FPV] is a very strong brand in Australia and our performance vehicles will be global."

A natural rival to the Volkswagen Golf GTI and Subaru Impreza WRX, the hot-shot Focus has been sold in Australia as a Focus XR5, with a Volvo-sourced turbocharged five-cylinder engine. Ford also has a more expensive and better-performing Focus model called the RS but it has not yet been talked about for use in Australia.

http://images.smh.com.au/2010/03/08/1201343/fpv-focus-420-420x0.jpg

Keep'emRunning
8th March 2010, 10:03 AM
should be a rocket if it's got the torque of the falcons engine.

ROCCO
8th March 2010, 10:08 AM
Just bring in the RS focus ffs

Apex
8th March 2010, 10:18 AM
I don’t think that will make it down under outside private importation, it’s too late in the product cycle and too expensive.

They are talking next generation Focus. Unless FPV jazz up the next generation I can’t see this happening TBH. Also, I would think the current 5-cylender engine will be killed off after this model.

dieselhead
8th March 2010, 10:20 AM
Cut the crap Ford and bring the RS over!!!!

btm
8th March 2010, 10:48 AM
i think this pretty much seals the fate of seeing the RS here

tomtom
8th March 2010, 11:08 AM
Upgrade.

hazrd
8th March 2010, 11:12 AM
*jumps on the RS bandwagon*

why design a new car when theres already a perfect one in production?

Nurb608
8th March 2010, 11:24 AM
*jumps on the RS bandwagon*

why design a new car when theres already a perfect one in production?

This looks to be more of an XR5/ST replacement as opposed to being up to the RS standard, even though the picture is an RS. As Apex said, it's the end of the Volvo 5 cyl thats in the current model, but the new 4cyl should be pretty good on power.