PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Update!

the-converter
25th February 2010, 10:29 PM
If we are lucky, we might see the Insignia wearing the Holden badge go on sale very soon.

http://www.carshowroom.com.au/newcars/news/1045/HOLDEN_INSIGNIA___EXCLUSIVE_SCOOP_PICS_

sooty
25th February 2010, 10:39 PM
Very handsomely styled, the Insignia has enjoyed glowing reviews as the British replacement for the Astra and would slot-in perfectly between the Cruze and the Commodore in Holden's local model range.

hmmm, replacement for the astra? not quite.

Ice
26th February 2010, 01:58 AM
Would be nice to see it here......I like the shape of these alot.

ChrisMaz
26th February 2010, 02:05 AM
Slot in Perfectly between the cruze and commodore....

If it does get bought over it's essentially going to bomb like the Vectra C did. And I can't see any insignia appart from the povo pack 1.8l costing below $30,000. Even then its basically overlapping with the Cruze. Except the cruze is dirt cheap.

They also didn't mention the AWD 2.8 Turbo V6 which personally I think would be the only model that would sell half decently in Australia.

gmonkey
26th February 2010, 02:54 AM
Slot in Perfectly between the cruze and commodore....

isnt that basically the spot for the shitty fail called the epica?

ChrisMaz
26th February 2010, 02:59 AM
I thought it was also the spot for the Cruze? Epica and the Cruze are basically the same size...

hazrd
26th February 2010, 09:41 AM
something doesnt seem right with that article.....

rjastra
26th February 2010, 11:51 AM
If it comes here I think it would be specced similar to the Buick version. 2.4L inline direct injection 4 mated to a 6 speed auto only. That way it competes with the Accord Euro, Mazda 6 etc. Topped with a 2L turbo model if the business case stacks up.

Wraith
26th February 2010, 12:31 PM
hmmm, replacement for the astra? not quite.

+ 1 Yuk...

VXR variant looks nicer, but IMO heaps of other better new car choices for similar coin...

cdxi
26th February 2010, 04:41 PM
Can't see the 'Sig hitting our soil any time soon.

If you've seen one of these up close, they're almost Commodore sized - too close for the local machine.

We won't see Opel products back here until there's a need for niche stuff. Maybe when the new gen Astra convertible hits the streets we may see it. Perhaps even another Combo van update and maybe even the Movano to go up against the iLoad. But no 'Sig.

Just look at Ford's sales of the Mondeo....very poor despite the recent wagon addition and rationalisation of the range. A maker needs to be Toyota to sell adequate numbers of a large-medium like the Sig or Mondeo.

The Cruze will remain Holden's major focus as it gears up for local production of the sedan and hatch.

ASTRAY
26th February 2010, 04:51 PM
if i owned one id have to walk to the drivers door with my eyes closed, from a side on view the front end looks like a magna with the bubble eyes, fkn gross.
i do like how the lights (both front and rear) come to a point though.
sorry but the front end looks U.G.L.Y

BEK-46P
26th February 2010, 08:26 PM
Personally, I don't see the market for it here. The existing competition will leave it for dead. But that's just me ;)

UnKnOwN
26th February 2010, 09:24 PM
don't know if i'd believe a website which cant get little facts about the car right...