PDA

View Full Version : new member with a vxr

ainzmac
25th February 2010, 12:16 AM
Hi All

My name is Ainslie, I recently bought a 2007 HSV VXR in Arden Blue. I am in Perth WA. I traded my 1999 ZR Celica in for it which I had a lot of fun in over the last 6 years but it was time for an upgrade. I am really happy with my choice (Be it a few issues I am having with the dealer regarding warranty issues, but I will keep on them about it. I look forward to learning more about the car I bought coz all I know about it so far is that it is AWESOME
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ainzmac/hsvvxr-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ainzmac/hsvvxr.jpg

guy 27
25th February 2010, 12:19 AM
Welcome to OA

BEK-46P
25th February 2010, 12:23 AM
Welcome mate. Beautiful ride!

ChrisMaz
25th February 2010, 12:52 AM
Good to see another VXR in Perth. You a Northie or a southie?

Hope to see you at some meets :thumbs:

Shay
25th February 2010, 03:53 AM
Welcome mate. WOOHOO perth another VXR :thumbs:

btm
25th February 2010, 08:31 AM
g'day mate and welcome to the site

congrats on the purchase too, tidy ride!

Nurb608
25th February 2010, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, beautiful looking VXR :)

ainzmac
25th February 2010, 09:49 AM
I'm a southie.... Canning Vale

boorny88
25th February 2010, 11:07 AM
hey mate welcome and a perth boy too yay haha hope you enjoy it i wish i had one

ainzmac
25th February 2010, 08:29 PM
oh yeah btw way I am a girl, I forgive ya's

hazrd
25th February 2010, 08:33 PM
gorgeous.... the car that is... not that im saying u arent either :p

sooty
25th February 2010, 08:40 PM
oh yeah btw way I am a girl, I forgive ya's

Damn unisex name, as awesome as it is :p

scotty_gsi
25th February 2010, 09:29 PM
welcomee wooo were startin to get a fair few members over in wa now

UNEEQ
26th February 2010, 12:15 AM
Welcome mate. WOOHOO perth another VXR :thumbs:

And not another Black or Grey one!! WOOO!!! You are most certainly welcome!! (even more because you're a fellow southie around Canning Vale! haha - there's like 3 of us SOR now!)

Oh, Shameless plug, check out the Dwellingup Cruise coming up on the Anzac Day weekend. Would be great to have you along!

gmonkey
26th February 2010, 02:59 AM
welcome to the site :) think i know what you mean by shitty dealers and warranty problems.. sadly thats holden for ya... hope to see you on a cruise sometime be good to get some colour in the crowd :p.. 90% of astras in WA are black by the way...

any mods or plans for the car at all??

kabel
26th February 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi All

My name is Ainslie, I recently bought a 2007 HSV VXR in Arden Blue. I am in Perth WA. I traded my 1999 ZR Celica in for it which I had a lot of fun in over the last 6 years but it was time for an upgrade. I am really happy with my choice (Be it a few issues I am having with the dealer regarding warranty issues, but I will keep on them about it. I look forward to learning more about the car I bought coz all I know about it so far is that it is AWESOME
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ainzmac/hsvvxr-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Ainzmac/hsvvxr.jpg

Hi and welcome........fellow Perth VXR owner here (Arden Blue also),did you purchase this one from Shacks HSV recently ?

Also check out HSVVXR.COM,may help you find out a bit more if you intend on doing any mods.:wink5:

Envy Ts
27th February 2010, 10:46 PM
Nice ride, welcome to Opelaus

ainzmac
28th February 2010, 07:51 PM
Hi and welcome........fellow Perth VXR owner here (Arden Blue also),did you purchase this one from Shacks HSV recently ?

Also check out HSVVXR.COM,may help you find out a bit more if you intend on doing any mods.:wink5:

Yes I bought it from Shacks with nothing but problems... do you know something about this car that I should know? I am looking for answers on why its not running to flash and why they can't find anything wrong after saying there is something wrong with it

Nurb608
28th February 2010, 08:04 PM
Whats it doing wrong?

ainzmac
28th February 2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.hsvvxr.com/forums/index.php/topic,566.0.html
check out the thread I posted above hoping to find out some answers... if you can shed any light please do :)

Nurb608
28th February 2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.hsvvxr.com/forums/index.php/topic,566.0.html
check out the thread I posted above hoping to find out some answers... if you can shed any light please do :)

Yep, replied to it ;)

ainzmac
28th February 2010, 08:45 PM
me = nooooob

kabel
28th February 2010, 10:02 PM
Yes I bought it from Shacks with nothing but problems... do you know something about this car that I should know? I am looking for answers on why its not running to flash and why they can't find anything wrong after saying there is something wrong with it
No do not know anything other than I saw it advertised for sale and saw someone taking it for a test drive one morning whilst I was on my way to a job.
You could take it elsewhere for an inspection.I do not take my VXR`s to the dealers I purchased them from.

ainzmac
28th February 2010, 10:49 PM
I am going to take it to Brian Gardners and I have emailed HSV (they emailed back, I just have yet to reply, will do tomorrow)

kabel
28th February 2010, 11:32 PM
I bought mine from Brian Gardner and found the service department at City HSV to be better,but Gardner`s may have changed as I have not been back for two years.
Nothing was wrong as such they just did not seem to know anything about the product they were working on and I was lumoed in with all the other Holden`s.

City HSV had a dedicated HSV service centre so I started using them.

TURBOGRINS
9th March 2010, 02:34 PM
City HSV had a dedicated HSV service centre so I started using them.

+1 now there's some good advice - use a mechaninc that knows what they are working on

TURBOGRINS
9th March 2010, 02:39 PM
ohh yeah forgot to say welcome to the site!
Nice buy!, hope you enjoy it you picked the best colour in my opinion!

delemonte
9th March 2010, 07:30 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site ;)