PDA

View Full Version : Question re fitting new DISCs on Astra H

ROCCO
24th February 2010, 11:45 AM
Hi All,

I bought 4 new discs and pads from GSL Rallysport (thanks greg) havn't got them yet ordered yesterday but will take pics when I have them and when fitted. Anyway..my question was I herd that the discs come with like a waxy like film on them new out of the box and its good to spray some brake cleaner on them prior to fitting otherwise they won't work properly....is this true??

Thanks

ROCCO

sooty
24th February 2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah you can do, they will be quite greasy.
Either that, or when you put them on, do a lot of 20-70-20-70-20 km/h etc, and it'll burn off. Gives off some nice smoke :P

Keep'emRunning
24th February 2010, 12:46 PM
as sooty said, def clean them before (and after) putting them on.. otherwise your new pads will clog up and possibly glaze over if you don't get them up to temperature.

hazrd
24th February 2010, 03:20 PM
just dont smash them on at 100 downhill :yikes:

nigelh
24th February 2010, 03:37 PM
The best way is clean with brake clean and then run them in by speeding up then braking but don't come to a stop do that for a little while slowly increasing speed each time. then drive trying not to use them much to let them cool down b4 you stop. Then leave it for a while and the rotors should have a blue sort of glaze to them, that means there run in.

ROCCO
24th February 2010, 10:29 PM
just dont smash them on at 100 downhill :yikes:

i'm soo hanging for a Black Spur run lol