PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

kubica
22nd February 2010, 05:30 PM
HI everyone,

I recently purchased my wife a 2006 Astra Wagon. I want to do it up a little bit and make it look more sporty (like a VW R36) or something like pictured below. So far all i've done is debadged it and ordered some 17inch rims. Pic shown.
What else can i do??? any ideas?

sooty
22nd February 2010, 05:37 PM
Welcome mate,
plenty of aesthetics you can do if you want to spice up the astra long, although most of it will have to be sourced from Europe.
The long you've posted is done by steinmetz, be prepared to lose a few organs to pay for parts if you want to replicate it, but there are plenty of other tuning companies to choose from too.
Things you could change are: grille, headlights to angeleyes or devileyes, custom bonnet, skirts from any one of the tuning companies, lower it, corsa vxr indicator surrounds, tint the windows, colourcode the door mouldings, stubby antenna, custom stereo etc etc etc, once you start, you won't stop :P

kubica
22nd February 2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks dude,
looking for a simple black grille minus the GM badge. Not too keen to lose any organs just yet so i'll keep looking around to try and find some bits n pieces on the net.
cheers

sooty
22nd February 2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks dude,
looking for a simple black grille minus the GM badge. Not too keen to loose any organs just yet so i'll keep looking around to try and find some bits n pieces on the net.
cheers

There's a few you could try, steinmetz for about $600, irmscher (like mine) for $500 ish, or if you go on eBay.co.uk there's a grille very similar to your current, but no badge, and can be plain black, only about $150

dutchy
23rd February 2010, 11:52 AM
paint the black rub strip that's currently on ur car to match.

kubica
23rd February 2010, 02:34 PM
has anyone done that here? is it just a matter of taping up the panels and spray away? Or do the rub strips pop out?

sooty
23rd February 2010, 03:14 PM
has anyone done that here? is it just a matter of taping up the panels and spray away? Or do the rub strips pop out?

The side rub strips are just stuck on with adhesive, the ones in the rear bumper however are clipped in from memory

kubica
23rd February 2010, 06:50 PM
hmmm to dental floss or not to floss?? I'll see what it looks like when the rims go on.

dutchy
23rd February 2010, 10:44 PM
The side rub strips are just stuck on with adhesive, the ones in the rear bumper however are clipped in from memory

you would be able to see that from under the car I guess. Sides are just stuck on with adhesive. To get a good finish, you'll have to take them off the car.