PDA

View Full Version : Formula One 2010 Season

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 02:32 PM
Well time to start the F1 2010 season thread me thinks..

Only 28days to go till first race in Bahrain :)

Lots of new teams (sadly no aston martin) new rookie drivers, no more KERS, Schuey back against ferrari, new Korea track perhaps... shall be a good season

Button and Hamilton are favourites in the media's opinion... but what do you guys think?? Preseason Predictions??

Im torn between going for what was the Brawn team (but feel i shouldnt as i dont like schuey) or go for Button now with Mclaren (but i hate his teammate hamilton, so if i buy/wear team colours i feel people will think im supporting hamilton) also like barrichello as a driver/person just a shame his with a team that will probably not perform well this year (williams)

I think this will be back to a shootout of the heavyweights, ferrari and mclaren with mercedes bugging them occasionaly

shall be interesting those first corners now with an over crowded pitlane :)

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 02:34 PM
oh yeh forgot to say... i bet Virgin Racing wont last the season.... and Branson will make an excuse about how the motorsport isnt 'green' enough for him and he thought he could change it etc etc :p

Jerram
18th February 2010, 02:51 PM
looking forward to it as well

-no refuelling
-low fuel quali 3
-more cars, harder to get into top quali sessions
-no kers = no bias against heavier drivers (like Webber)

i think red bull will be initially dominant because they are the only major team to keep both their drivers, and they finished last season well

will be interesting to see how the new teams go, though looking at some of the drivers i think some of them might be another Arrows (lol remember that team)

Ice
18th February 2010, 02:53 PM
I was just offered tickets to the Sat and Sunday in the VIP Merc Tent along with the party at night (Schumacher oh yeah) and clever me has already booked a trip to QLD !!!

DOU DOU DOU DOU :mad2:

Jerram
18th February 2010, 02:54 PM
I'll take them off your hands mate :P

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 02:55 PM
lol arrows.. well lotus should be ok as they have trulli and kovallien pretty sure..

will be interesting to see how redbull go... and how well mclaren can go after coming from brawn (if the car will still function aswell under new team, even if it is pretty much the same car)

im not looking forward to the no fuel stops

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 02:56 PM
how much $$$$$$$$$?????

Shay
19th February 2010, 12:39 AM
DEFINATELY gonna stick to supporting the RedBull boys!!
Not sure of who has an advantage tho...
Not happy with the No fuel stops rule, fuel stop strategy can make or break a race and allowed passing, so what now...
gonna have the leader blocking for a whole race!?!

Really want to see how the lotus team goes, not a particularly huge fan of either driver, but love the lotus company.

gman
19th February 2010, 07:59 AM
I'm still sticking with Red Bull and Weber. McLaren with the chassis advantage Brawn brought over and someone like Schumacher will be the ones to watch however. Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher together...

All they would need is Adrian Newey for an F1 dream team IMHO....

gmonkey
19th February 2010, 10:55 AM
you mean mercedes ^ :)

gman
19th February 2010, 01:07 PM
you mean mercedes ^ :)

LOL...yeah that too... :)

Mercedes not McLaren....So used to Mercedes McLaren...Opps

Take me out back and beat me like an English Nanny...

ROCCO
11th March 2010, 10:00 PM
Jesus i'm so excited...it starts this weekend....OMFG....COME ON ALREADY

Shay
11th March 2010, 11:09 PM

+1

gmonkey
12th March 2010, 12:22 AM
really wondering how this pitstop thing will unfold... i bet it wont last, fuel stops will come back.. not just is the pitstop itself exciting but the lighter fuel loads add for a more nimble car which leads to more brave overtakes (which was the whole idea behind last years rule changes) my bet there will be a big crash this year involving lots of petrol then there will be an inquest into the heavy fuel loads and dangerous quantities at one time or something then they will scrape... well so i hope (not the crash that is but the rule being scraped.. ok maybe a little the crash)

gman
12th March 2010, 07:54 AM
They are talking about sub 2 second pitstops for tyres!!!! Seriously, this season is going to ROCK!!!!!

gslrallysport
12th March 2010, 12:06 PM
+2... Me too!

I make no secret of the fact that I (personally) find most circuit racing pretty boring.. and haven't watched a V8 Race since I was in grade 11, but I get goose bumps waiting for the F1 season to start! Just something about F1... I think a large part of it comes from wanting to see an Aussie do well at the top level, which is good for all Aussies trying to crack it overseas, and just the shear technology of F1.

Sunday's a big day! My first gravel test of this year's new rally whip and the first F1 Race!!! Bring it on!

haha... might be feeling a bit ordinary for work on Monday!!!

gmonkey
12th March 2010, 09:16 PM
i dont care if its just practice sooo cool :)

loving the F1 iphone app its really cool

ROCCO
13th March 2010, 10:52 PM
LMAO @ Button...last years WDC qualifies behind Schumi....how does it feel....BUTTON = FAIL.....to an old man hahahaha...PUSH THE BUTTON NOW BITCH!

Shay
14th March 2010, 12:09 AM
Promising start from the Fezzas, and Glad to see Vettel 1, and Mark 6.
Come on RB boys :thumbs:

nigelh
15th March 2010, 09:40 AM
That was one of the most boring races I've watched. I would have thought that more teams in the top 10 would have used the the prime tyre in quali so they could finish the race on the option tyre with a lite fuel load and the the track alot more rubbered in and not spend the race driving around saving the tyres. Have to feel sorry for vettle too he had that in the bag.
Hope the next race will be better.

gmonkey
15th March 2010, 01:21 PM
yep this get position first 5 laps and then coast rest of the race shits me off!!!

vettel did brilliant to finish 4th with a fault spark plug (crazy to think million dollar machines still get faulty spark plugs :p) did well to keep the car alive

Alonso did a good drive in first few laps, i do like the guy cause hes a jerk ahha and also hates hamilton :p

But middle of the pack (with the drivers we acctually cared about, webber button schuey) was just boring to watch as there was no overtaking track or not they were on fuel conservativeness pretty much the whole race.. id like to see a team/driver do an extended tank and wear the heavy fuel load but flog the frig out of the car the whole race and pass them all when they are being conservative :p

Shay
15th March 2010, 01:48 PM
is that a confirmed faulty spark plug?
cos last i heard the team was telling vettel over the radio it was a cracked exhaust.

gmonkey
15th March 2010, 02:40 PM
post race comments said was a spark plug

was the commentators that said cracked exhaust cause it sounded like it when it passed, guessing thatd have been the engine running rough cause it was running 7 cylinders

Shay
15th March 2010, 02:48 PM
post race comments said was a spark plug

was the commentators that said cracked exhaust cause it sounded like it when it passed, guessing thatd have been the engine running rough cause it was running 7 cylinders

nah they said at one point that the team said it to vettel over the radio.
really suprised they would risk the engine like that, considering they only get 1 per 3 races (on average, over the season)

gmonkey
15th March 2010, 02:50 PM
probs did something remotely never know the limit of their tech :p

Shay
15th March 2010, 03:24 PM
probs did something remotely never know the limit of their tech :p

lol yeah, shut of fuel to that cyinder, and run a 7cyl map that they all ready have developed to max tune, just with less capacity

nigelh
27th March 2010, 07:18 PM
I noticed I'm quali for the AGP that both merc drivers used the prime tyre in quali 3, does that mean they can start on those tyres or do they have to use the tyres they set there fastest lap on?

gmonkey
28th March 2010, 06:39 PM
WIN!!!!

Nice driving webber ;) glad he hit Hamilton so button can put perform him by a lot

ROCCO
28th March 2010, 08:07 PM
What a joke...button using the grass as track hitting alonso and ending schue race in the process..hope there is an investigation cause that is phucked

xplosv57
28th March 2010, 08:17 PM
watch the replay, button had the line into the corner and alonso turned into him........

alonso was stone last and still managed a good 4th position, so to say schumis race was ruined also is not right, he just wasn't competitive today!!

glad for Button, i like him as a driver but can't see myself supporting mc laren or hamilton, might stick with red bull for this year, their cars have the pace, just gotta get the brakes sorted on vettels ride, and webber....... well no comment!!

ROCCO
28th March 2010, 08:39 PM
since when is grass considered a racing line??

gmonkey
28th March 2010, 08:56 PM
He wasn't on grasss watch replay mate

xplosv57
28th March 2010, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDCvQ5fWFjI

watch from 1:00.....

gmonkey
30th April 2010, 12:48 AM
highly eventful races shall return in 2013 it seems! :D

Changes in Formula One occur just about as often as Charles Barkley chows down on cheeseburgers, so it really didn’t come as a surprise that F1 is on the verge of having a new engine formula that would run for six years starting in 2013.
According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, an agreement in principle has been reached to begin using - effective in 2013 - a four-cylinder, 1.5 liter engine that comes with twin-turbo, direct injection, and the KERS system.
In an interview with Autocar magazine at the Beijing Motor Show (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/beijing-auto-show/ke2062.html), Ferrari (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ferrari/index108.html) CEO Amedeo Felisa said that F1 should take the necessary steps to begin using engines that could also be translated to road-driving conditions. "If F1 has to develop something helpful for real (road) driving conditions, then the best solution is for an engine that is turbocharged and GDI (gasoline direct injection)," he said.

Norbert Haug of Mercedes (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercedes/index120.html) echoed Felisa’s sentiments, despite also pointing out that F1 should remain invested in taking advantage of high technology in developing their race cars. "Smaller engines should be used for consumption and emissions," he said. "But you still need to look at the whole picture. If you fly from Europe to Japan on a 747, you would use more fuel than an entire F1 season."
For now, further development of the 2.4-liter V8 engines that are used today in F1 cars have been ’frozen’, at least until powerful engines that are more fuel-efficient and emit less pollution - and likewise affordable to the smaller teams - become available.

thats right turbos are back!! for those who dont remember the days of turbo F1 cars... think fires fires and more fires

Shay
30th April 2010, 01:00 AM
thats right turbos are back!! for those who dont remember the days of turbo F1 cars... think fires fires and more fires

look up the preperation that went into the block of the 1400hp bimmer 4cyl 1.8L turbo in 1983. its rather amussing...
block was taking from a second hand 318, left outside the factory and urinated on regularly.

MatsHolden
30th April 2010, 08:36 AM
I'd miss the scream of the V8.

gman
30th April 2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah, the V12, V10 and V8's sound amazing, but the pop and bang of the turbos and the whine as the spool up is also pretty good. Remember the Williams/Canon cars at Monaco...

NICE!!! :)

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 02:39 AM
Dont forget people race this weekend :) for those who missed qualifying

Webber
Vettel
Hamilton
Alonso
Button
Schumacher
Kubica
Rosberg
Massa
Kobayashi

MatsHolden
9th May 2010, 01:55 PM
Red Bulls are a a long way ahead this weekend. Can't believe the difference between the top end of the field and the lower end, not far off 10 seconds difference. In a competition where 0.5 seconds is a long way ahead, 10 seconds is rediculous.

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 02:54 PM
top 5 was all very close but.. and only a 2 second gap for top 10.. pretty much what youd expect from qualifying but..

drivers like senna are ofcourse going to be 10seconds behind the leader :p

MatsHolden
9th May 2010, 03:26 PM
top 5 was all very close but.. and only a 2 second gap for top 10.. pretty much what youd expect from qualifying but..

drivers like senna are ofcourse going to be 10seconds behind the leader :p

I dunno, Red Bull are 0.7 clear of Hamilton in 3rd, that's a long way in Forumla 1 for the top teams.

Maybe they should bring back the 107% rule to push the lower teams performance a bit closer.
Both the HRT cars wouldn't have qualified if that rule was in place.

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 03:27 PM
yeh agreed i liked the 107% rule back in the day.. was good at cleaning up the field

MatsHolden
9th May 2010, 03:34 PM
Bloody Ross Brawn is a smart bastard, not having the airbox as part of the roll over protection structure, so they're able to change it as they develop the car. The setup now is interesting with the airbox intake moved back and the rollover protection structure now just a blade.

[OPCSRi]
9th May 2010, 06:28 PM
9pm on ONE HD tonite. Hopefully the Red Bulls cars of Webber and Vettel can shut the rest up.

xplosv57
9th May 2010, 10:45 PM
enjoyed watching webber win, enjoyed watching hamilton crash on the last lap more! good to see a ferrari back on the podium, been a while!

Shay
9th May 2010, 10:46 PM
enjoyed watching webber win, enjoyed watching hamilton crash on the last lap more! good to see a ferrari back on the podium, been a while!

+1000

and vettel up there to, that kid is a star IMO
Webber still my fav tho.

Jerram
9th May 2010, 10:48 PM
true that. Good race (not as boring as I thought it would be)

JohnBu
9th May 2010, 11:00 PM
congrats mark,

I didnt see the race as im currently in japan but read he won from start to finish.

glad he pulled it off.

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 11:00 PM
i found it very boring.. not enough passing or challenging..

deff loved hamilton crashing but i lost it laughing at him :p

MatsHolden
9th May 2010, 11:19 PM
Pole, fastest lap, race win. What more could you ask for?

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 11:32 PM
World championship? :p

MatsHolden
9th May 2010, 11:36 PM
World championship? :p

Oh well of course, but in relation to a race weekend, they don't get much better.

gmonkey
9th May 2010, 11:42 PM
The vettel problems finaly got my attention at the end aswell love when things go wrong and the pressure is on.. Most of race was just so boring.. Button screwed up pretty bad not going hard and just passing shumacher. Deff think there maybe team favouring in Mercedes now after rosberg was kicking arse.

Oh and that guy Williams with ponytail is soo fire. Hahah

gmonkey
10th May 2010, 09:36 AM
Monaco favourites? ( realisticly)

I'm thinking rosberg probably.. Course is deff not mclaren Ferrari or rbr friendly really.. Ross brawn seems to make somewhat nimble machines..

Oh yeh did anyone watch the prerace yesterday? Wat was with them going on about the kurb in the chicane and how everyone hits it except rbr and that's how webber got pole, then they show webbers lap and thud he hits the kurb and goes over it aswell.. Me thinks commentators are a little bias

gman
10th May 2010, 10:18 AM
and vettel up there to, that kid is a star IMO
Webber still my fav tho.

Vettel is a great driver, but personally I think he needs a HUGE attitude adjustment. His last couple of race starts and comments at the post qualifying conference to Webber's pole bore out that he's a bit of a cry baby...get pipped for pole, make a smart arse comment "there's no points for qualifying"...

Just deal with it and get on with it...

gmonkey
10th May 2010, 11:11 AM
Vettel is a great driver, but personally I think he needs a HUGE attitude adjustment. His last couple of race starts and comments at the post qualifying conference to Webber's pole bore out that he's a bit of a cry baby...get pipped for pole, make a smart arse comment "there's no points for qualifying"...

Noticed that too

MatsHolden
10th May 2010, 11:26 AM

Yeah, he was the same at the post race press conference.

poita
10th May 2010, 06:23 PM
Pole, fastest lap, race win. What more could you ask for?

all the podium girls, at once

MatsHolden
10th May 2010, 07:06 PM
all the podium girls, at once

hahaha true that.
Actually I think I have to take that comment back about the fastest lap, I think Hamilton got it in the closing stages before his puncture.

gslrallysport
11th May 2010, 09:29 AM
Yeah lucy got it unfortunately... :( Still, [in the style of Vettel] there's no points for FL.

gslrallysport
11th May 2010, 10:14 AM
Monaco favourites? ( realisticly)

I'm thinking rosberg probably.. Course is deff not mclaren Ferrari or rbr friendly really..
Monaco definitely wasn't an RBR friendly circuit last year, but I'm not so sure it won't be this year. Last year the RBR had the longest wheelbase of any car on the grid, the only other team that were even close was Toyota, (and by default) Toro Rosso. This year all the teams have longer wheelbases due to the larger fuel tanks, and now most are pretty close to the RBR because it didn't change much. Although the RBR is very aero efficient (easily the best on the grid) it does also seem to possess pretty good mechanical grip and drive out of slow corners, which I beleive is largely due to the master stroke of Newey going to a pull rod rear end.

The RBR is an odd car. It's no secret the Renault motor is lacking some outright grunt, and the Red Bulls had near the bottom of the list in top speed in qualifying, despite being nearly a second a lap clear of any anyone. The saving grace is that it's also the most fuel efficient, and the RBR and Renault cars start the races some 10-15kg lighter than anybody else. This will play a big part in Monaco, the lack of HP won't be an issue, but the ability to start alot lighter, on a very stop start circuit, in a year when everyone's wheelbases are longer than ideal means the RBR will be alot stronger than last year!!!

I can't wait till Monaco (only two days to go!!!), and I'm pretty confident the RBR will still be right up there.

Anyways, I gotta stop rambling and get back to work... :(

gman
11th May 2010, 02:13 PM
I'm with you mate, think the RBR cars will be on the pace at Monaco this year....

[OPCSRi]
15th May 2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

Standing from practice 3 at Monaco. Webber in third placed very well for final qualifying

xplosv57
15th May 2010, 11:06 PM
renault 1,2,3 qualifying and webber on pole, great result!

gmonkey
16th May 2010, 12:03 AM
Rbr another good saturday let's see if the can break the curse again of good sat crap Sunday they've been having this year.. Kubica killed it was some awesome looking laps.

Vettel looked rough as guts I'm really wondering if he's over pushing it now cause his #2 driver is out performing him.. Really don't like vettel as a sportsmen.. Waiting to hear post qualifying comments now see how pissed he is

Jerram
16th May 2010, 11:05 AM
lol typical vettel - first thing he does is blame someone or something else. He was probably telling the truth but still he has this aura of arrogance around him

poita
16th May 2010, 05:01 PM
Fukin Vettel is a sooky little bitch.

gmonkey
16th May 2010, 08:14 PM
reminds me of the alonso and hamilton whinge fest.... but atleast alonso was funny about it :p

gmonkey
16th May 2010, 09:14 PM
Well that sure well sucked someone forgot to remove a vent cover on buttons car... My fav track to watch and my driver out already :(

Shay
16th May 2010, 09:17 PM
any one wanna tell me why the back of the grid is lapping a lot faster than the front?

gman
17th May 2010, 07:30 AM
Nice win for Webber. So many safety cars and the final pass from Schumacher was gold!!!

btm
17th May 2010, 07:37 AM
"this is the greatest day of my life"

gmonkey
17th May 2010, 10:39 AM
i fell asleep... but saw the schumacher make his pass at the end was gold! i say good on him :p

Nurb608
17th May 2010, 10:49 AM
i fell asleep... but saw the schumacher make his pass at the end was gold! i say good on him :p

I fell asleep too :( Hope I recorded it!

gmonkey
17th May 2010, 10:57 AM
aqain race didnt hold my attention... not just cause my driver was out but there was little to know overtaking.. the alonso run was about it and he kept doing it on the same corner and that was just getting predicatable and boring..

im not enjoying this year as much as last year.. they seem to have lost the overtaking they had last year... and as crazy as its sounds i liked that half the field where lighter and the other half had KERs.. proved for interesting strategies

gman
17th May 2010, 11:22 AM
I think the removal of re-fuelling and the different strategies is whats missing now....

There were a few serious accidnets and failures though...Button's was a joke, Hulkenberg and Barichello are a concern, Virgin and HRT expected, but the crash at the end with Trulli and Chandhok was laughable!!!

Seriously what was he thinking!!!!

gmonkey
17th May 2010, 11:24 AM
didnt see barrichellos wat happened?

MatsHolden
17th May 2010, 11:26 AM
And the RB6 is due for an update soon, bit scary. Good on Webber, drove a perfect race. When he's on his game he's really on it. It's funny how when you start to find some form the luck starts to fall your way a bit... I reckon in previous years, Webber would have been tangled up in that incident between back markers Chandhok and Trulli.

gman
17th May 2010, 12:38 PM
didnt see barrichellos wat happened?

It looked like his rear left suspension folded and he spun at 170MPH coming into the casino square at the top of the hill. Then played pinball bouncing off the barriers beofre stopping in the middle of the road....

gmonkey
17th May 2010, 12:51 PM
Just saw it on news wow that was a big collision!

gslrallysport
17th May 2010, 01:17 PM
Schumacher penalized for the move....

gman
17th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Thats CRAP!!!! Others have done the same thing and not been penalised. It wasn't before the line when he passed. But he did start the move before the line so that may have done him in....

gslrallysport
17th May 2010, 01:50 PM
That wasn't the problem, ANY other lap of the race it would've been fine, but the rules say that regardless of where the control line is you can't pass on the run to the chequred flag when the race finishes under safety car, which it did technically because the final lap was started under safety car, regardless of whether they followed it across the chequred...

xplosv57
17th May 2010, 08:00 PM
And the RB6 is due for an update soon, bit scary.

could also go backwards with a new car like what happened with Ferrari, only now theyre finding some form!!

[OPCSRi]
17th May 2010, 08:09 PM
What a race that was Last mite. I rekon webber is one of the most level headed F1 drivers out there at the moment. He had to go through a few changing times in the race and he kept his cool about it. There was some big stacks last nite which was grouse for the viewer but not good for the teams eg Williams having both there cars involved in big shunts.

MatsHolden
22nd May 2010, 05:15 PM
could also go backwards with a new car like what happened with Ferrari, only now theyre finding some form!!

Could do, although Ferrari went down hill with a complete new car, these are just updates.

poita
22nd May 2010, 05:17 PM
Someone at work was saying there is a rumour floating around that Webber is going to Ferrari next year

Haven't heard it myself, anyone here heard it?

MatsHolden
22nd May 2010, 05:20 PM
Someone at work was saying there is a rumour floating around that Webber is going to Ferrari next year

Haven't heard it myself, if it were true they'd be offering some serious cash to wedge him out of a team that has begun to hit sweet form. Personally couldn't see it happening, but hey it's F1...

gmonkey
22nd May 2010, 05:24 PM

i severly doubt this... redbull wont give him up now and i really doubt ferrari would want him. i can see he's a good driver and all but he just dont got the ferrari prescence about him..

if anyone was going to ferrari id put my best bets with either on Rosberg or Vettel or maybe even Kubica..

me thinks ur mate at work is a bit too much of a webber lover :p and is talking the guy up as much as he can ahhaha

poita
22nd May 2010, 05:24 PM
I thought the same thing too.

Would be stupid to leave a team that is doing so well, and after they both have put so much towards the championship over the last few years.

The guy reckons Kimi is coming to RBR as his contract is up at the end of this year.

Will see what happens, as you said Mat it is F1

gmonkey
22nd May 2010, 05:26 PM
i can tell you Kimi is NOT coming back to F1 any time soon

hell ferrari wanted to try out sebastian loeb as there driver :p

gmonkey
22nd May 2010, 05:44 PM
Guys sign up to www.fantasyracers.com (http://www.fantasyracers.com) and join my league i just made. Could be a bit of fun

League Name Opelaus2010
League Type Private
League Number 41500
League Password calibra
League Description Opelaus fantasy f1 league

I opted to stradegy 1 so you can change your drivers each race on who you think will do well

gslrallysport
24th May 2010, 01:58 PM
The guy reckons Kimi is coming to RBR as his contract is up at the end of this year.
Yep, that is the hot rumour at the moment, but I'd personally hate to see Webber and Alonso in the same team. Fernando is too much of a sook when he isn't the no.1 driver with all the updates...

I hope that Webber stays at RBR, and Vettel goes to Ferrari (which he's made no secret of wanting to do....) and RBR's next in line, Daniel Riciardo comes in, making it an all Aussie RBR! :D

gslrallysport
24th May 2010, 02:01 PM
For those that don't know:
http://www.danielricciardo.com/

He's RBR reserve driver this year, so if Seb isn't able to compete for any reason, it will be an Aussie RBR line up. He's a masterclass, and to be honest, far better than Webber at the same point in their careers (although alot of that was done to the available machinery). He's all class, and, like Mark, dominated Monaco the same weekend in the Renault F3.5

He was extremely impressive in the RB5 at last year's young driver test, and is very much Australia's next F1 hope behind Mark. On that Monaco performance, he took both poll and the win, and it was his Monaco debut!

xplosv57
24th May 2010, 02:29 PM
daniel ricciardo is a f**king star, and i hope he gets a drive in a decent F1 car in the future!!

gmonkey
24th May 2010, 03:01 PM
He's from duncraig aswell :)

xplosv57
24th May 2010, 03:02 PM

oh well hes not as good then......... =P

poita
24th May 2010, 05:16 PM
fuk it would be awesome to see an all aussie F1 team, come on RBR doooooooo iiiiiiiiiit

gmonkey
24th May 2010, 05:41 PM
all these aussies think its about time we got our own team too

i propose this...

and propose this guy as our #1 driver
http://www.topnews.in/uploads/Shane-Warne004.jpg
i hear hes great at doing multiple things at once and got lots of interview experince and f1 merchandise is already in production.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2150/2131918204_b6d73abd09_o.jpg
maybe just put him in the car and hey presto!

Shay
24th May 2010, 05:45 PM
how about not posting random bullshit?

gmonkey
24th May 2010, 05:47 PM
pretty much this whole thread is random BS unless its race weekend

gslrallysport
25th May 2010, 08:43 AM
All good Aussie international drivers come from weird places... Atkinson was born in Bega, Power from Toowoomba, thatdudethatleftthebesttouringcarseriesintheworld* togodrivingroundincircles was from Tassie...

Shay
25th May 2010, 03:09 PM
duncraig is a northern suburb of perth......
not really a wierd place, i went to highschool there. and brent lives there.

gslrallysport
25th May 2010, 03:13 PM
LOL I had no idea where it was :p I just saw it was in WA... Add to the list of 'not from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne' Perth born Andy Pinker, who at one stage was dominating the Rally America national championship and making cult hero's Ken Block and Travis Prastrana look pretty average...

boorny88
25th May 2010, 03:14 PM
So it is weird with brent living there haha

nuggz
26th May 2010, 02:47 PM
Can Webber go 3 of 3

will be glued to the tele this weekend i think

boorny88
26th May 2010, 02:56 PM
what time wat day and wat channel i may watch as well

btm
26th May 2010, 03:13 PM
usually sunday night on oneHD

nuggz
26th May 2010, 03:13 PM
Sat 8:50 i think? Qualifying
Sunday 10:30 Race

Shay
26th May 2010, 03:46 PM
so stoked i can actuallyy ybe home to watch this one.
no goin out planned for sun :thumbs:

iv he goes three from 3, my C**T of a week might actually be improved to a decent level.

gmonkey
28th May 2010, 09:29 PM
Word is massa is going... Leaving Ferrari with open spot

Shay
30th May 2010, 01:18 AM
loving being an RBR fan.
another near perfect qualifying for the team.

and to be .3 seconds faster than the next car is a huge gap in F1

didnt watch qual, so not sure if there was any controversy or anything, but a top result nonetheless!

gmonkey
30th May 2010, 01:20 AM
it was only .13 differnce mate.. which is next to nothing :p

shame it was hamilton :p

.5 seperated the top 4

but was 2 second gap from 1 to 8

Shay
30th May 2010, 01:29 AM
my bad...
was .14 actually, dunnno where i got my statistics :S

dieselhead
30th May 2010, 09:26 AM
Webber did it, he is in pole position again!

gmonkey
30th May 2010, 12:36 PM
Can't wait for race looks like maybe good race as mclaren and rbr are very close :)

Shay
30th May 2010, 12:46 PM
just hoped theyve found and fixed the brake problem with vettels car, otherwise could bring out the safety car...

gmonkey
30th May 2010, 12:56 PM
just hoped theyve found and fixed the brake problem with vettels car, otherwise could bring out the some excitement from mr boring...

Fixed

Shay
30th May 2010, 12:59 PM
hey, he still beat buttons time, and for the last sector he couldnt brake properly...

gmonkey
30th May 2010, 10:06 PM
Lol stupid vettel :p never going to get Ferrari spot

sooty
30th May 2010, 10:10 PM
Lol stupid vettel :p never going to get Ferrari spot
What an absolute moron... When he grows up, then he'll do alright!

Nurb608
30th May 2010, 10:10 PM
What a stupid move, no need for it all!!!! grrrrr

poita
30th May 2010, 10:12 PM
wanna punch vettel in the face

nigelh
30th May 2010, 10:13 PM
Had a feeling something like that was going to happen.

JMZ
30th May 2010, 10:13 PM
Vettet deserves to be shot....

His hand gestures could only make sense if he was admitting he was the crazy one.

gmonkey
30th May 2010, 10:15 PM
I think webber would rather be teamed with chandhok even haha..

Well this leaves the question who will take Massa's ferrari spot next year.. Vettel was favourites

JMZ
30th May 2010, 10:18 PM
haha way to show how it's meant to be done McLaren!

J
30th May 2010, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzqqrVjEmyA

Hmm...some, er, "interesting" comments about the incident below the vid...

gmonkey
30th May 2010, 11:41 PM
I don't think it was an intentional hit deff was cause he just wasn't waching were mark was thought he'd made the pass and was now concentating on the corner.. Still shouldn't have been done

gmonkey
31st May 2010, 01:14 AM
Still my most favpost race comments ever is this one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfRVctse_KQ

btm
31st May 2010, 08:08 AM
stupid vettel :mad:

poita
31st May 2010, 08:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzqqrVjEmyA

Hmm...some, er, "interesting" comments about the incident below the vid...

lol they get onto things quickly

"This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds"

gmonkey
31st May 2010, 01:10 PM
Well vettel is still blaiming webber with post race comments. Hamilton and buttons were funny.

Here's vettel

“If you watch it on the TV, you can see what happened. I’m not in the happiest of moods. I was on the inside going into the corner. I was there, I was ahead and focusing on the braking point and then we touched. Mark’s car hit my rear right wheel and I went off – there’s not much more to say. We were all on the same pace during the race, I think I was a bit quicker than Mark for two or three laps, I was catching him and thought I could get him on the back straight. I was very close and passed him on the left, that’s the story. This is something that happens, no one needs it, but there’s not much you can do now.”

[OPCSRi]
31st May 2010, 02:45 PM
I'm going to grab Vettel and Bitch Slap him with his Helmet!!! You are a selfish little Shit!!! This will put more fire in the belly of Webber for the up and coming rounds.

J
31st May 2010, 08:27 PM
lol they get onto things quickly

"This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds"

lol yes poita they certainly do! But hey, plenty more to see. Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqwx7w6i1HQ

And more comments from the people more directly involved, here:
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010/motorsport-its-far-from-disaster-for-webber-19544

What can I say? It appears that when you are deemed as the number 2, you are treated as such regardless...something that I know far too well...

The way I see it (please correct me as I am no F1 expert!), it appears that Webber first went slightly left, straightening the car and expecting Vettel to overtake him from the right, so as to give Vettel a little bit more room. Surprised by Vettel's charge up his left instead (which seemed to have less room than the right hand side), Webber then twitched right to allow Vettel a bit more room to pass (but perhaps not enough...?!), only to have Vettel slam into him. Sad, but that's the way things are sometimes!

gmonkey
31st May 2010, 08:38 PM
Overtaking on that corner was always going to happen from inside left as it was racing line

nigelh
1st June 2010, 01:59 PM
The way I see it webber defended coming into the corner and vettel still went down the inside then webber held his line to make vettel have to take a tight line and put him off line for the next corner which would have given webber the speed on the straight to repass,(just like the mclaren's) but vettle moved right to open the corner up and ran into webber. In the end it was not to bad for webber because his biggest rival didn't score any points.

gmonkey
1st June 2010, 02:48 PM
Latest news off f1.com is that the vettel to pass wasn't fuel critical related as first suspected instead it was a team order (but as a suggestion to mark not a order cause that's a no no, in the end it was upto mark to allow it or not) the rbr chief gave him recommendations to let vettel pass otherwise Hamilton will overtake vettell and possibly webber, webber had a better chance of blocking Hamilton

poita
7th June 2010, 09:49 PM
Webber has signed with RBR for another year, new contract ends at season end 2011

Nurb608
11th June 2010, 10:09 AM
Well looks like no one is taking Massa's spot now, signed up for another 2 seasons http://www.crash.net/f1/news/160519/1/massa_thrilled_with_new_ferrari_deal.html?utm_sour ce=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

gmonkey
14th June 2010, 01:10 PM
one of the best and most constantly changing races last night :) enjoyed it muchly

i was expecting no overtaking on that track but ended up being a fair bit :)

xplosv57
14th June 2010, 01:13 PM
one of the best and most constantly changing races last night :) enjoyed it muchly

i was expecting no overtaking on that track but ended up being a fair bit :)

+1

the first 10 laps or so were edge of your seat racing!!!

mrgsr
14th June 2010, 09:29 PM
about time we had some explosive racing. maybe they should introduce must have 3 stops in every rac e

mrgsr
14th June 2010, 09:30 PM
mclaren team were fined 7000 euro lol .. thats like pocket money

Shay
14th June 2010, 09:35 PM
mclaren team were fined 7000 euro lol .. thats like pocket money

what for?

gmonkey
14th June 2010, 09:36 PM
hamilton and alonso in pit lane incident i think

Shay
14th June 2010, 09:38 PM
hamilton and alonso in pit lane incident i think

oh thats right, when he was released dangerously

mrgsr
14th June 2010, 09:40 PM
id ont think that would be investigated, nromally during the race theyw ould say it will be investigated.

poita
14th June 2010, 09:40 PM
what for?

he wont reply now, hes racked up his 50 posts to try and sell some stuff.

unlucky that they are all moderated.........

gmonkey
14th June 2010, 10:04 PM
lol

gman
27th June 2010, 09:52 PM
Holy SH*T!!! Webber goes flying again!!!

WTF was Kovalainen thinking!!! Racing for for position my arse!!!!!! Lotus vs. Red Bull you have to be kidding me!!!

poita
27th June 2010, 10:01 PM
i like the comment from teh aussie commentator

maybe if the team boss wasnt on twitter while in pit lane
they wouldnt be 2.5 seconds slower a lap

dieselhead
27th June 2010, 10:02 PM
that was so massive my heart stopped watching it... good to see he is OK! Kovalainen is a bloody moron IMHO...

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 10:22 PM
Holy SH*T!!! Webber goes flying again!!!

WTF was Kovalainen thinking!!! Racing for for position my arse!!!!!! Lotus vs. Red Bull you have to be kidding me!!!

Ur always racing for a position no matter what, it's not against the rules to block people behind as long as u make only one move each corner... Webber was being a slipstream hog he had enough speed to make the pass and the inside line he coulda easily passed if he just stayed on his original line

sooty
27th June 2010, 10:26 PM
Ur always racing for a position no matter what, it's not against the rules to block people behind as long as u make only one move each corner... Webber was being a slipstream hog he had enough speed to make the pass and the inside line he coulda easily passed if he just stayed on his original line
What was the point in blocking though, was he going to block him for 35 laps? He had no chance, it's a fight he couldn't win and should have just let him past and got on with his own race. You just have your personal vendetta about webber, if it were button you'd be singing a different tune.

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 10:32 PM
Na I don't really think he was overly blocking at all.. Kovalinien made first move webber followed his slipstream. He had a clear path to racing line and inside line if he didn't follow

gman
27th June 2010, 10:32 PM
Watch it again...Kovalainen blocked and stayed in the middle of the trackthen he slows way before Webber because he's slower all over the track...He blocked when he didn't need to and it cost him and Webber the race...

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 10:33 PM
I don't hate webber I hate RBR because of #1 main rival and #2 hate vettell

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 10:38 PM
Just watched again on YouTube 100% deff kovalinien made the first move to the outside of the track away from webber.. If he went the other way he woulda swiped webber then.. He had no where to go but the outside. It was webber who followed rather than the easy pass

Nurb608
27th June 2010, 10:49 PM
Watch it again...Kovalainen blocked and stayed in the middle of the trackthen he slows way before Webber because he's slower all over the track...He blocked when he didn't need to and it cost him and Webber the race...

Completely agree!

It wasn't the move itself, it was how quickly he slowed down that caused it all. He was trying to slow Webber before the corner so he could get a better drive out, but what was the point???

xplosv57
27th June 2010, 10:51 PM
wow im suprised at how well kobayashi did, pity for the late pit stop but did well! wish there had been a couple more laps cos JB was closing in.

and Webber was being blocked, easy to see.

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 10:52 PM
Makes good airtime for the team... Cameras will be on them if he managed to stay with webber for a while..

In the end it's a race everyone is versing everyone on track it's not just rbr mclaren and Ferrari. U can't just give away a position or ur team will ream u

Nurb608
27th June 2010, 10:55 PM
Makes good airtime for the team... Cameras will be on them if he managed to stay with webber for a while..

In the end it's a race everyone is versing everyone on track it's not just rbr mclaren and Ferrari. U can't just give away a position or ur team will ream u

As much as most people wont like it, that's why most other motorsports divide the field. F1 just have too much of an ego to do the same. If the LeMans race can divide, i can't see why these guys cant

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 10:56 PM
Might aswell make lotus and toro rosso gp2 level... They do about the same sorta times..

Well the 107% rule will be back next year supposably so that'll get rid of them anyway

Nurb608
27th June 2010, 11:05 PM
Well the 107% rule will be back next year supposably so that'll get rid of them anyway

That will make it better i reckon, unless they do run seperate classes, which would be even better, more like alot of the euro racing :)

gmonkey
27th June 2010, 11:26 PM
Yeh but no one would watch class b like no one watches gp2

Nurb608
28th June 2010, 08:00 AM
Yeh but no one would watch class b like no one watches gp2

You'd still run them together, kinda like Le Mans etc.

MatsHolden
28th June 2010, 06:41 PM
Even with the 107% rule I think Lotus would still have made it in Valencia. Bit rediculous that they were racing with Red Bull, sure they technically didn't do anything wrong in the rules but it's really an unwritten law that if you know you're bascially just out there testing and lapping GP2 times then just get out of the way of the championship contenders. I think Kovalainen thought he was still in his McLaren. haha

glider
29th June 2010, 03:23 PM
Was watching post race discussion last night and 107% came up, they were saying lotus would have been within it even if it had been in place

nuggz
29th June 2010, 03:34 PM
Even with the 107% rule I think Lotus would still have made it in Valencia. Bit rediculous that they were racing with Red Bull, sure they technically didn't do anything wrong in the rules but it's really an unwritten law that if you know you're bascially just out there testing and lapping GP2 times then just get out of the way of the championship contenders. I think Kovalainen thought he was still in his McLaren. haha

yeah pretty sure Lotus are still in even with the 107%

Kovalainen shouldnt have blocked
but i think Webber was a bit too reckless, probably fuming from the bad start
in my eyes he binned it.

poita
29th June 2010, 06:12 PM
i think webbers words sum it up best, it takes two to tango

Shay
10th July 2010, 10:47 PM
RBR 1 & 2 again.

.1 sec between 1 & 2
.7 sec between 2 & 3
.1 sec between 3 & 4
.1 sec between 4 & 5

looking good for tomoro...
silverstone has always treated RBR well.
and thats a decent gap in Quali

gman
12th July 2010, 08:14 AM
Webber first and a damn impressive race from Hamilton.

Vettle will blame everyone for his "issues".

RBR's just have such good aero, even down on power with the Renault engine they are the class of the field!!!

Love Webber's comment over the radio:

"Not bad for a number 2 driver!"

LMAO!!! :)

poita
12th July 2010, 08:17 AM
call of the year by a long shot.

he may as well of said, "vettel your a f#$k head and you can go f#$k yourself"

Ice
12th July 2010, 09:57 AM
yeah good call by Webber.....good he stuck it up them !

btm
12th July 2010, 11:25 AM
has webber signed on for another year with RBR?

gmonkey
12th July 2010, 12:02 PM
has webber signed on for another year with RBR?

yeh he has.. vetell hasnt but yet

btm
12th July 2010, 12:49 PM
interesting

nuggz
12th July 2010, 12:59 PM
yeh he has.. vetell hasnt but yet

pretty sure both drivers are now contracted for 2011 season

Edit : Vettel was already contracted till the end of next season

gman
12th July 2010, 02:20 PM
pretty sure both drivers are now contracted for 2011 season

Edit : Vettel was already contracted till the end of next season

Vettel is unfortunately contracted for 2011..

What a pity!!!!

nuggz
12th July 2010, 02:35 PM
been reading alot into RBR this morning

appears even RBR fans are starting to side with Webber rather than Vettel

poita
12th July 2010, 05:03 PM
transcript of interview after race

http://www.yallaf1.com/2010/07/11/webber-an-appointment-with-karma/

some interesting things said

Given Red Bull have said that whoever leads the championship will have priority, will you get the better bits on the car in Hockenheim?
Mark: Should do. I should do. Yesterday was a really unique situation. It was the first time that the team had really had one component. Honestly I would never have signed a contract again for next year if I believed that that was the way it was going to be going forward. That’s why I was disappointed yesterday and was honest with you guys. Let’s see how it goes in the future but I just keep doing what I do and hopefully it’s enough.

nuggz
13th July 2010, 04:52 PM
Taken from RBR forums

"Channel 7 have just confirmed that Red Bull have announced Sebastian Vettel as Red Bulls' Number 1 Driver. http://community.redbullracing.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif"

poita
13th July 2010, 04:59 PM
Word is Webber will be released by RBR at end of year due to the rift, with either Renault or Ferrari picking him up.

Just a rumour a guy here at work heard. Not sure where he gets his info from but is usually pretty accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuggz
15th July 2010, 04:32 PM
Mark Webbers Statement post Silverstone

Winning the British Grand Prix was a great thrill for all of us at Red Bull Racing.

My disappointment on Saturday after qualifying spilled over into Sunday but it was simply due to the fact that I, along with every other driver on the grid, wanted the best possible chance of success.Sebastian received the newer front wing for reasons which were not clearly explained to me until Saturday late afternoon. Obviously I can see why a team may at certain points have to favour a driver with more points in the championship, if there are only enough resources to fully support one of us.

We’ve already debriefed the race weekend at the factory and have cleared the air. It’s now understood that, should we face this unlikely dilemma again, preference will go to the championship points leader.
Of course things get said in the heat of the moment which, with hindsight goggles on, probably shouldn’t have been said. Formula One is a highly charged and fiercely competitive arena where emotions and adrenalin do run high from time to time like in many sports and my comment on the radio after the race was an example of Australian sarcasm – either at its best or worst depending on how you choose to take it. But rest assured, under the helmet I was massively rapped about winning one of the most prestigious events on the F1 calendar and Red Bull Racing’s local race. It’s a home race of sorts for me; I only live 40 mins down the road and the UK and Buckinghamshire in particular has been home to me for the past 15 years so Silverstone and the British GP are both very special to me.

Christian Horner and I have known each other for many years; we’re friends and have a strong mutual respect which continues and extends to other activities, such as our GP3 team and interest in finding and nurturing young racing talent.

The team has produced an awesome car and has come a long way in a short space of time. There are more than 500 people at the Red Bull Racing factory at Milton Keynes and I know that each and every one of them share the highs and lows that Sebastian and I experience during the season. The support we both enjoy is phenomenal and on Sunday evening many of them joined us at Christian’s annual post-race party and celebrated our win in style.

The respect within the team extends to the drivers. I know I have a very good driver as a team-mate and I wouldn’t want it any other way. We share information freely in team meetings and contribute to the development and improvement of our cars. Seb and I are not enemies, we’re just two drivers that are pushing hard and want to do the best for ourselves and the team, it’s as simple as that.
The British Grand Prix was a wonderful result for myself and the team; however time moves fast and looking in the mirror for too long doesn’t prepare us for Germany. We’ve moved on.

appears things have quietened down, at least from a PR perspective

JMZ
15th July 2010, 06:43 PM
it's more or less an apology without actually apologising.....well written.

poita
26th July 2010, 12:35 AM
load of shit, thats all i can say

Nurb608
26th July 2010, 07:35 AM

Completely agree. Looks like they haven't learnt from last time!

Nurb608
26th July 2010, 07:49 AM
Ferari fined but not disqualified http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161919/1/ferrari_elects_against_appeal.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

poita
26th July 2010, 08:40 AM
the whole saga is under investigation by the FIA.

hope something more comes of it.

but seriously, $100k isn't gonna bother someone like Ferrari

btm
26th July 2010, 09:09 AM
what happened i fell asleep??

sooty
26th July 2010, 09:14 AM
what happened i fell asleep??
Basically Ferrari ordered massa to let alonso past

xplosv57
26th July 2010, 04:31 PM

yep TV got switched off after that happened (and i was falling asleep) seriously such pathetic tactics, and youd think after last time you'd do it in code instead of ordering massa to let alonso past!!!

at least Ferrari is finally competitive, taken them long enough!!

MatsHolden
1st August 2010, 11:21 PM
Brilliant middle stint by Webber, really good drive. One of the more exciting races of the season. Vettel... just keeps reinforcing how much of a sook he is, really has done his image some damage over the last few months in F1 with his attitude. And Schumacher... one of the most disgraceful moves i've seen in any form of motorsport. Not a whole lot has changed with Schumacher; apart from not winning races.

ChrisMaz
1st August 2010, 11:27 PM
I couldn't believe that move by Schui... I was certain he'd ended it for Barrichello.

And your right about Vettel's image, it wasn't great to start with and now all he does is sook and make excuses. Did I hear him say at the de-brief he wasn't really paying attention because he was trying to sort out his radio, but then in the same breath said the race leader usually slows down... EG blaming webber.

Jerram
1st August 2010, 11:30 PM
tbh I always enjoy the Hungarian GPs and this one was no exception. Quite an interesting race for us aussie fans especially. Move from schumacher was pretty low - it's like you dislike your team-mates (or former team-mates) more then anyone else. Not sure how that works but at least Rubens got the place and the point.

Now we've all got to figure out what to do for the mid season break wait! Certainly looking forward to Spa though I think McLaren/Ferrari might have the edge with their top speed advantage. We might see a good effort from the Merc powered Force India team as well I seem to recall Sutil doing well there last year.

MatsHolden
1st August 2010, 11:30 PM
I couldn't believe that move by Schui... I was certain he'd ended it for Barrichello.

And your right about Vettel's image, it wasn't great to start with and now all he does is sook and make excuses. Did I hear him say at the de-brief he wasn't really paying attention because he was trying to sort out his radio, but then in the same breath said the race leader usually slows down... EG blaming webber.

Yeah always making an excuse, rather than just saying ok I stuffed up... then again he is German.

Shay
1st August 2010, 11:45 PM
tbh I always enjoy the Hungarian GPs and this one was no exception. Quite an interesting race for us aussie fans especially. Move from schumacher was pretty low - it's like you dislike your team-mates (or former team-mates) more then anyone else. Not sure how that works but at least Rubens got the place and the point.

Now we've all got to figure out what to do for the mid season break wait! Certainly looking forward to Spa though I think McLaren/Ferrari might have the edge with their top speed advantage. We might see a good effort from the Merc powered Force India team as well I seem to recall Sutil doing well there last year.

never know, RBR mind find some speed over the break.
thats a long time to work on the car, even if your not allowed to go out and test it...

ROCCO
2nd August 2010, 07:06 AM
I hope red bull get done for team orders..cause thats waht it looked like with vettal and the restart....as for schumi...what would you rather him do?? step aside and say here you go?? they where racing for postion.....

poita
2nd August 2010, 07:49 AM
I hope red bull get done for team orders..cause thats waht it looked like with vettal and the restart....as for schumi...what would you rather him do?? step aside and say here you go?? they where racing for postion.....

going by how much of a sook vettel is having i doubt its team orders.

sooty
2nd August 2010, 07:52 AM
On the red bull point, how was it advantageous for red bull to have vettell hang back? After like 2 laps vettell was already 4 seconds clear of alonso.... Not sitting back and holding him up, so why would they bother? Mark pulled away from alonso as easily as they knew he would and with no assistance from vettell.
As for schuey, what would we have him do? Well not try and kill barrichello for starters, he was mm away from hitting that wall at 200+km/h which would have fired him into the pit exit wall. Rubens then went on to lap 3 seconds a lap quicker than schuey was. He wasn't in the same battle and the move was ridiculous to say the least, if he wanted to block the inside line he should have been down there before Rubens was right next to him.

nigelh
2nd August 2010, 08:38 AM
Schuey got a 10 place grid penalty for the next race as he should when he looked in his mirrors to see what side bara is coming and drive towards him.

The factories are forced to shut down for the break so no work can be done on the cars

MatsHolden
2nd August 2010, 10:36 AM

Sometimes you have to concede when you've been defeated and Barrichello had more pace than Schumacher. Schumacher had a right to move over but not when the passing car is already well up the inside, hence his penalty for the next race.

Nurb608
2nd August 2010, 07:26 PM

What he did was completly stupid and shows how much of an ego the dickhead still has! He has had his day, he needs to get over it and get out.

Moves like that can end with serious concequences and no one wants that.

poita
2nd August 2010, 07:43 PM
schu should be banned for teh rest of the season

a complete fukin moron idiotic move

[OPCSRi]
2nd August 2010, 08:37 PM
What ever happen to the simple rule of that if your not as quick as the persons around you move out of the way. Very dangerous move on Shuey's behave and really thought Rubens would have been finished if he had clipped that wall. Alot is going to come out now about there past at Ferrari and I reckon it's going to shock alot of people on what the real Shuey was like. To finish off Vettel you SOOK!!! if you don't know what the rules are what are you doing there in the first place!!!

hazrd
10th August 2010, 08:42 PM
http://sniffpetrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/AlonsoMassa.jpg...

nuggz
27th August 2010, 04:39 PM
F1's BACK!!

20min to practice one in Spa

heres hoping Webber can finish off the season in style

poita
28th August 2010, 10:33 PM
well he's off to a good start, Webber on pole!!

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/836/6776/

gmonkey
28th August 2010, 11:04 PM
mclarens back in form too :)

gmonkey
28th August 2010, 11:09 PM
also i cant wait for this to come out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67go3LVfAs

xplosv57
29th August 2010, 09:38 PM
fk you Vettel you spastic sh1t, another stupid move and now you took out Button, i hate you!!!

poita
29th August 2010, 10:31 PM
fuk what have i missed

only just got home now

sooty
29th August 2010, 10:37 PM
fuk what have i missed

only just got home now

Just watch channel 10

gmonkey
29th August 2010, 10:37 PM
fk you Vettel you spastic sh1t, another stupid move and now you took out Button, i hate you!!!

+1 ruined my weekend

poita
29th August 2010, 10:53 PM
Just watch channel 10

goo call, watchiong n\iw

ChrisMaz
30th August 2010, 12:44 AM
Everyone hates vettel! :D

gman
31st August 2010, 07:43 PM
Vettle is fast losing friends all across the paddock and in his own team! Horner is furious that he has failed to finish and keep RB in the chase for the constructors championship as well as the drivers. He is such a dik and can't help himself.

Webber may have had an "issue" off the start that was associated with software in the launch control (insert conspiracy theory here) but Vettle was absolutely reemed by team principle for his stupidity.

What he did was worse than Petrov's retarded antics in the qualifying!!!

If he wasn't German and hadn't been back by RB since karting etc, he would be a serious chance to loose his drive in 2011.

As it is, they will bare with him until they either get him to grow up or he buggers off!!!

The sooner then better I say, while I think Button is over rated, no ones deserves that from a two time loser!!!

gmonkey
31st August 2010, 07:49 PM
button isnt the over rated driver hes very good and very calm... the most over rated driver is Hamilton for sure.. most under rated and better than everyone makes out Kubica and Rosberg

gman
31st August 2010, 11:29 PM
Just my opinion.. :)

Button last year was in easily the best car and won the championship because of the superiority of the Brawn over the rest of the field.

This year Button and Hamilton have the same car and he's getting hosed by another driver in the same car. Hamilton can make the car work when its not perfect, Button just whinges and says he can't get the feel for it. A true champion can work around an imperfect chassis as Hamilton, Rosberg, Kubica and even Sutil do on occasions where the tracks play to the cars slight strengths. Button can't seem to step up in a similar car the way Hamilton has this year. And they are both getting the same treatment by the team.

I have no affinity for Hamilton either don't get me wrong and agree Kubica is massively underrated, but Button just isn't champion material IMHO.

Last year, the Brawn was the champion, he was just the lucky guy in the right car at the right time....

gmonkey
1st September 2010, 01:56 AM
Just my opinion.. :)

Button last year was in easily the best car and won the championship because of the superiority of the Brawn over the rest of the field.

This year Button and Hamilton have the same car and he's getting hosed by another driver in the same car. Hamilton can make the car work when its not perfect, Button just whinges and says he can't get the feel for it. A true champion can work around an imperfect chassis as Hamilton, Rosberg, Kubica and even Sutil do on occasions where the tracks play to the cars slight strengths. Button can't seem to step up in a similar car the way Hamilton has this year. And they are both getting the same treatment by the team.

I have no affinity for Hamilton either don't get me wrong and agree Kubica is massively underrated, but Button just isn't champion material IMHO.

Last year, the Brawn was the champion, he was just the lucky guy in the right car at the right time....

ive supported button as a driver from the BAR Honda days and even through Earthdream years ( i choose to forget them) and back in BAR days he was up there and even one a race in a car that was pretty average against when ferrari was unstoppable...

also remember hamilton whinged about the car start of the season too and button was winning the races then and making him look like the #2 driver :p

biggest whinger on the grid is by far vettel and massa

biggest back stabbers vettel and alonso

most overrated drivers vettel and shuey

most not media friendly (cockheads in front of camera) vettel and alonso and hamilton

note vettel is on my main hate list ahaha