... no I haven't bought one :ihih:

but the new one's been released

Can only do a link to it at the moment

http://www.caradvice.com.au/57515/2010-volkswagen-polo-gti-launched-in-the-uk/

If someone wants to post up pics...

sooty
18th February 2010, 10:04 AM
Pics...
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2010_Volkswagen_Polo_GTI_001.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2010_Volkswagen_Polo_GTI_002.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2010_Volkswagen_Polo_GTI_003.jpg

hazrd
18th February 2010, 10:12 AM
The new Volkswagen Polo GTI will arrive in the UK mid-2010 at which point pricing and specification will be announced. Other markets, including Australia, will follow shortly thereafter.

fark yeah :swg:

what a monster

Ice
18th February 2010, 10:44 AM
yeah its a great little car but just too small and just too girlie.

Ice
18th February 2010, 10:45 AM

woah ! 6.9 secs....

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 10:47 AM
not bad not bad, i liked the taillights on previous shape but....

note the DRLs (look pretty much like those astra ones you can get :p)

hazrd
18th February 2010, 10:52 AM
dude, we all drive astras..... :p

JohnBu
18th February 2010, 10:53 AM
I like it...

looks like a smaller version of the Mk6 Golf GTI, in terms of interior/exterior and has performance to boot.

The current Polo GTI looks cheap outside/inside compared to the Mk5 Golf GTI.

Hopefully, price won't be more than 10% about the outgoing model, making it under $30k..

I'd take it without any options, cloth & manual. Not point optioning a cheap small car into a not cheap small car.. lol.

at 5L/100km...its hard to overlook if you do alot of KMs like I do. Will this replace the SRiT, or should I splurge on a 370Z...??

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 10:55 AM
id be going the appointed leather for sure!! ditch the tartan and get some nice recaros :)

GreyRex
18th February 2010, 11:00 AM

SNAP!!

Love it

Ice
18th February 2010, 12:18 PM

yes I knew that was coming but comon, if you put them side by side....no ok lets use the Nurb as an example......it looks normal that one of us would get into a car like that whearas the gti we would look akward in. hell you know what I mean.

Wraith
18th February 2010, 01:13 PM
Seen it...

Same as previous model, ie. just a scaled down Golf, see it from a distance front on and you'll think it's a Golf, just like the last model LOL :D

O/A quite nice though - like the Mk6 Golf, the new Polo is better looking than the outgoing model thanks to the Scirocco inspired front end...

And when the hell are VW going to stop using that stupid looking tartan cloth :out:

I suppose it's one way to get people to spend more money on options on both the Polo and Golf range...

Thank goodness the Golf R at least has a very good seat finish as standard and not that silly tartan cloth...

sooty
18th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Anyone happen to know the tuning potential of the 1.4 TSI?
Had a look at APR and they tune the 118kw version to 151kw, but this motor looks like it's already tuned?

dieselhead
18th February 2010, 01:27 PM
Don't worry, you can still get 151 kW. APR tune is a must, especially when VW has the stupid habit of detuning engines before shipping them to Oz.
Great little car I have to say. Too small for me though, plus I'm way too old for it... However, is so good to see competition in the small hatches market heating up. At that level of performance, the Polo GTI raises serious questions about Mini's and Alfa's prices!

Wraith
18th February 2010, 01:46 PM
Anyone happen to know the tuning potential of the 1.4 TSI?
Had a look at APR and they tune the 118kw version to 151kw, but this motor looks like it's already tuned?

ATM not much more than that...

AFAIK it's to do with the twin charge s/c and turbo combination causing difficulty to go beyond that number because of the complexity running both systems...

Having said that, the power outputs of these engines is all over the place, ie. no consistancy !

Last year on Channel 9's TD program, they got a couple of them and dynoed them on the same day, same place, same operator, one was putting out nearly 25kw more than the other :eek:

Considering the power output, that's a huge difference...not the best thing VW has done lately, but if you were to buy one of these you'd be hoping to get a better one :)

Neeko
18th February 2010, 01:47 PM
my cousin is getting the 1.9l oiler next week. looks like a neat little car.
people will probably want to wipe their hands on the seats though, love that upholstery

rjastra
18th February 2010, 01:56 PM
Wraith said ....

The figures were more like 121kw atw for the 1st GT (red car) and then a best of 117kw atw for the 2nd GT (silver car)

As we all know forced inducted engines can give different output readings from one run to another, compared with atmo engines.

Wraith
18th February 2010, 02:05 PM
Wraith said ....

Hmmm, I remember the numbers being way different from that ?? one was indeed around 121kw with the other being just over or under 100kw...

They also commented on how different the 2 felt when driving them, a difference of only 4kw would not make a noticeable difference in the drive ??

However ' if ' those numbers above are correct, then I stand corrected, but I still keep remembering a different outcome to that ??

Ice
18th February 2010, 02:10 PM
I dont know how they could get away with figures like that....I mean for VW to have the same car and the power figures be so different is terrible.

Wraith
18th February 2010, 02:51 PM
I dont know how they could get away with figures like that....I mean for VW to have the same car and the power figures be so different is terrible.

I could've been wrong in my recollections ICE, as rj's pointed out...

If so sorry for the bum steer, 4kw is a negligable difference...

xplosv57
19th February 2010, 07:24 PM
Nope the two TSi's weren't far off from each other, the cars were dynoed at my trade school, and im pretty sure the figures rjastra posted up are bang on!!

As for the new Polo GTi, i really like the look of it, real neat car and i think it looks less girly than a metro blue 1.9 CDTi 5 door hatch.............

Ice
19th February 2010, 09:37 PM
Nope the two TSi's weren't far off from each other, the cars were dynoed at my trade school, and im pretty sure the figures rjastra posted up are bang on!!

As for the new Polo GTi, i really like the look of it, real neat car and i think it looks less girly than a metro blue 1.9 CDTi 5 door hatch.............

and even girlier than a beat up Hyundai excel !

comon Schteev, that the best you got ?