PDA

View Full Version : dodgy cops....

UnKnOwN
18th February 2010, 03:15 AM
had a weird run in with an undercover cop car the other night...
me and a couple of my mates were in an empty car park at night( RC drifting ), in their defence does look dodgy lol

as we were leaving we saw a blue/black VZ commie pull in the carpark, then followed my mate who drives a done up pulsar SSS and tailgates him for a few hundred metres, my mate had a feeling it was a cop so didnt speed up, and then they did the same thing to me and i saw their dash-mounted lights driving under some street lights... and then followed both of us into a maccas car park
my question is... are they allowed to tailgate people, force them into speeding and then im guessing and giving out fines? if they can thats pretty dodgy imo

jastra
18th February 2010, 03:29 AM
had a weird run in with an undercover cop car the other night...
me and a couple of my mates were in an empty car park at night( RC drifting ), in their defence does look dodgy lol

as we were leaving we saw a blue/black VZ commie pull in the carpark, then followed my mate who drives a done up pulsar SSS and tailgates him for a few hundred metres, my mate had a feeling it was a cop so didnt speed up, and then they did the same thing to me and i saw their dash-mounted lights driving under some street lights... and then followed both of us into a maccas car park
my question is... are they allowed to tailgate people, force them into speeding and then im guessing and giving out fines? if they can thats pretty dodgy imo
happened to my uncles mate, similar story cept he was in right lane and needed to get in left lane so he could turn left, undercover cop car was in his blindspot so he sped up and so did the cop car essentialy not letting him change lanes and forcing him to speed up more then he pulled him over...

Shay
18th February 2010, 03:43 AM
yeah this happened to one of my mates too...

car following really close when theere was no one else on the road, my mate freaked out, speed up, car kept right on his tail.
Ended up goin 100kmh through Padbury's backstreets cos he thought someone wanted to kill him. After about 5 streets of this they flicked their lights on.
He actually had a huge sad at them cos he was honestly scared for his life.

Asked them why the **** they let it get to those sorts of speeds, why didnt they pull him up as soon as he was speeding.
they didnt have an answer, and ended up just giving him a fine for 10 kms over. And said "if you were scared, you should have gone straight home" (he lives in padbury anyway).
But honestly that is stupid, if youve got some lunatic beind you, youre not gonna lead him to your house are you...

Moral is, they can do what they want, and if they want to be c***s, they will!

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 03:57 AM
i find best trick is to granny drive till they pass you then stare at them as they pass after they get sick of you driving really slowly not speeding like they want you to :)

ChrisMaz
18th February 2010, 04:08 AM
Essentially they can do what they want. When they had their high performance cars they were allowed to "initiate" drag races. EG rev their engines when the suspect car did first. Then hoon to the speed limit and pull them over.

hazrd
18th February 2010, 10:19 AM
they do this all the time back where i grew up

a cop in a VY SS tried initiating a drag with my calibra turbo, i stuck my finger up at him and mimicked the words fck off.... he pulled me over and asked me why i abused him.. told him it was obvious that he was breaking the law and trying to make me break the law, so he breath tested me and sent me on my way

ROCCO
18th February 2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah they've done it a few times to be too...I slowed right down...below the speed limit...he pulled up next to me and cause he had tinted glass I could see him I look across and gestured wanker...lights went on breathalyzed and drug swab...then let me go...mind you this was ages ago...i've now made friends with my next door neighbor...(police officer) haven't been pulled over in a while

Ice
18th February 2010, 10:38 AM
Dont even get me started......I shouldnt generalize either as I have a friend who is a good guy and a cop and then there are the bully traffic cops...I could write a book about them.

Ive been told the traffic cops are the ones who at qualifying school tend to be loners and when they break out into the force are called brick heads because all they are doing is pulling people over and back at the station dont really talk to anyone.

hazrd
18th February 2010, 10:57 AM
nice

ill be sure to ask the next cop that annoys me if hes finished being a brick head yet (note that ill only do this when he has absolutely no legal reason to do anything to me)

Keep'emRunning
18th February 2010, 11:08 AM
..my old blinged out astra ( chromies bodykit yada yad yada) was an absolute magnet for these guys, i remember one occasion in a 90 kmh zone near home a marked VZ flew up the inside lane, jumped in front of me and then slowed down to 60, daring me to overtake him on the inside.

Aholes.

Neeko
18th February 2010, 01:51 PM
i was right next to a car when they were getting tailgated by cops... i mean like 2 metres apart!
if that was me being tailgated they would get a heavy dose of windscreen washer fluid misted onto their windscreen.

UnKnOwN
18th February 2010, 02:00 PM
yea but the drag racing thing is kinda the driver's fault if they fall for it becoz they're not forcing u into it.. but the tailgating thing.. wtf

Ice
18th February 2010, 02:12 PM
My mother has been pulled over and told that she was tailgating.....pffft but then its ok for them to do it ?

I think its just a power thing. We have to accept it (although we dont like it) and feed them what they want to hear otherwise we risk copping bigger fines.

brc
18th February 2010, 03:14 PM
Next time they do something like this to you. Grab the registration number. Pull over and call 000. Report the accident. After this call your local police station and state you want to file a complaint, also state you reported the offense at the time. ( RECORD EVERYTHING POSSIBLE ).

Make sure it doesn't go unattended. Call them up weekly and make sure something is happening. Tell them you want to speak to there inspector if things are not followed up, even possibly ESD.

They
Will
Pack
There
Dacks.

We need to drive on safe roads just as much as they want to make the roads safe. If there doing shit like this, there endangering not only your life, but the other cars around you. They don't know WHAT you will do if you're scared..

**** the pigs.

ope11
18th February 2010, 03:27 PM
driving onto the brisbane freeway oneday last year, doing the speedlimit ,then we had one of the speed camera vans fly past us..we rang mt gravett station and reported the rego and speed..
then i was told by a police offericer that it was proably on its way to a job,
,but i explain to the copper i could understand if it was normal police car,
but this was a speed camera van that was speeding and that there was no reason unless he was in a hurry to get to his loction,
so a report was done

UNEEQ
18th February 2010, 03:32 PM
Firstly, you mean report the incident? not accident? unless you are planning on hitting the skids, in which case say you thought you saw a kid (never an animal, you're not allowed to hit the skids for an animal if I'm not mistaken).

Secondly, don't call 000 call 131 444 for Police, save 000 for emergencies.

Besides the fact that what people are allegeding (just being politically correct here. I try not to bag police, it's just bad karma) they are doing being dangerous. I believe what they are doing is also borderline on "entrapment". If I'm right then this is criminal in itself or at least grounds for dismissal of charges. Prooving it and fighting it on the other hand is a different matter.

It seems the justice system with regards to infringements has moved to a guilty until found innocent view.

I do find it completely unacceptable however, that some police officers in their personal cars seem to think it is ok to do a U-Turn over the double white barrier style line at Police HQ on Adelaide Tce coming into the city from the Causeway. This happens on a regular basis (at least 3 times a week when I see them - always sound the horn to let them know my displeasure too), but how can they expect us to do the right thing all the time when they are not Serving and Protecting in the form of leading by example? What happened to their oath?

ope11
18th February 2010, 03:38 PM
didn't see that part,
yeh don't use 000. huge fines

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 03:38 PM
careful using your horn thats illegal aswell :p

JohnBu
18th February 2010, 03:39 PM
meh.. just ignore them.

anyway, i've been fairly fortunate.. in 13 years and 250,000km of driving, I've never been pulled over apart from when I was speeding.

Prob helps i don't attract attention by driving like a dickhead, don't drive a riced up car, don't have an exhaust I can fit my foot in, or lowered my car so I have to crab walk over speed bumps.

you got half your tits showing and you want me NOT to perve at you????

ope11
18th February 2010, 03:41 PM
careful using your horn thats illegal aswell :p
i'm pretty sure that he was using it as a warning device ,considering there doing a u-turn over a double white line :)

gmonkey
18th February 2010, 03:45 PM
still illegal :) only allowed to be used incase of emergency..

ope11
18th February 2010, 04:01 PM

pretty sure that would class as emergency,i'm sure if u had some one stop in front of you,u would use ur horn..u would not get out with traffic around to tell them.,
plus if they are crossing double white lines and have a accident in front of u ..u would be on the horn.

but u suprise me with ur answer :)

sorry for spam ;)

liam
18th February 2010, 11:09 PM
Any tailgaters behind me now get the hazards flashed quickly as long as there is no one in front of me that Ill scare, it soon lets them know I want em to backoff.

guy 27
18th February 2010, 11:39 PM
i am not afraid to brake test anyone that sits on my ass (including cops) if they don't keep their distance they will know about it.

ope11
19th February 2010, 01:19 AM
great about our cars is if u have someone tailgating you,don't use ur brake ,just reach down and press the rear fog light.
then watch them slow down realy quickly they think ur putting on the brakes .
done it many times,it's a laugh:)

Shay
19th February 2010, 01:29 AM
for me that only works if you already have your headlights on...

ope11
19th February 2010, 01:31 AM
i forgot that :)
yeh does help ,just parker's all u need on :)

jastra
19th February 2010, 01:39 AM
just took the gf home and on connoly drive there was a highway patrol car in the southbound lane with 2 cars pulled over. then when i was travelling back that same way i didnt see them until they wer about 50m away because they were sitting in the pitch black, im not only saying this cuz its dodgy in the sense that i wouldnt have known they were there if i hadnt already seen them the first time but this would be somewhat dangerous for them i mean if u dont see them till last minit they are at a pretty high risk of getting hit...

brc
19th February 2010, 09:00 AM
didn't see that part,
yeh don't use 000. huge fines

I've used 000 on many occasions. There happy for you to report the incident and they have more than enough call staff to take your call. 000 just connects you to the most local police station regardless. Also spice up the story, ie; the guy was litterally sitting like 1 meter from my rear end, I'm in fear for my life! Here is the rego number: xxx xxx..

I don't remember any other number for police. and there are only "HUGE" fines for false reports.

ope11
19th February 2010, 10:41 AM
I've used 000 on many occasions. There happy for you to report the incident and they have more than enough call staff to take your call. 000 just connects you to the most local police station regardless. Also spice up the story, ie; the guy was litterally sitting like 1 meter from my rear end, I'm in fear for my life! Here is the rego number: xxx xxx..

I don't remember any other number for police. and there are only "HUGE" fines for false reports.

only suspose to use it for real emergy's,

while ur calling someone about being tailgated ,someone is dying.i don't think that is right at all :0
i think alot of people abuse this

if u are really being tailgated(that means they are phsycaly raming u and a abusing u )then i might say yes.
bbut other then that NO
i think a lot of other people would agree

u have a mobli don't u ,maybe take the time and put ur local police station in it !!!

AfterBurner
19th February 2010, 04:48 PM

Actually it's in case of 'Danger' not 'Emergency' just like u can dip ur high beams to overtake etc...

UNEEQ
19th February 2010, 05:32 PM
Any tailgaters behind me now get the hazards flashed quickly as long as there is no one in front of me that Ill scare, it soon lets them know I want em to backoff.

Better yet, workmate suggested installing a switch that turns the reverse lights on rather than hazards or brakes (hazards might get you in trouble).... See how fast they nosedive when they think you've slammed your car in reverse!!!

Jeenous
19th February 2010, 06:57 PM
my 1st car was a vk commy and i kept it mechanically good but it was red and faded bad. anyway one night when i was pulling the turbo of my cali i found i was missing a part.. I took thy ol beast into town which involves driving past the local bacon and as i did the divy drove out.. it turned around and slowly followed me up the main drag. as i got to first set of lights they went orange as i went through..
the divy stopped waited til cars had moved through,
put there lights on went through the red light,
turned lights off and proceeded to catch upto me in no time at all when i was sitting on 60
put lights on pulled me over mention my exhaust had movement at the back
i showed them the new exhaust hanger sitting in my center console
they proceeded to breathe test then asked me to pop the bonnet..
The officer then said i had too many mods for a p plater :sports exhaust, extractors, pod filter
i made comment that i was on the old rules which was power to weight ratio etc. ALso extractors were a factory fitment on this model
officer proceeded to pick seatbelts rear tyres etc...long story short got a canary and new RWC rqd.