PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing off autovaux

brc
17th February 2010, 01:31 PM
Question!: When you buy off autovaux.co.uk what is there procedure? Is there any issues? and how long does it take? What are general freight costs?

Ice
17th February 2010, 02:06 PM
Well it depends on what you buy from them as to what freight costs will be but generally and almost all the time its cheaper with freight than it is to buy direct from Holden and takes less than a week. Ive stopped ordering from them as they havent refunded one of my items which I posted back, they dont reply emails all of a sudden and when I call the guy isnt there...f**ken pisses me off as they were quite good. I dealt with Mark maybe someone else would help.

Also LMFdan might be able to help you out ? I think he can get certain gm parts you may need.

www.lmfvauxhaull.co.uk

hazrd
17th February 2010, 02:15 PM
Question!: When you buy off autovaux.co.uk what is there procedure? Is there any issues? and how long does it take? What are general freight costs?

ive had no issues
procedure is, u tell them what you need, provide them your chassis number so they can source the correct part.... they give you a quote, you pay them via paypal (best way) they send u the parts and u should get them in no longer than a week (mine took 4 days)

freight will depend on the size of your item

i bought from them:
water pump
timing belt kit
crankshaft sensor
rocker cover seals
and a few other things

and it only cost me about AU$450 or so landed at my doorstep

brc
17th February 2010, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much Hazrd and Ice,

5 star support as per usual :D

Wraith
17th February 2010, 08:17 PM
ive had no issues
procedure is, u tell them what you need, provide them your chassis number so they can source the correct part.... they give you a quote, you pay them via paypal (best way) they send u the parts and u should get them in no longer than a week (mine took 4 days)

freight will depend on the size of your item

i bought from them:
water pump
timing belt kit
crankshaft sensor
rocker cover seals
and a few other things

and it only cost me about AU$450 or so landed at my doorstep

+ 1

And I'm sure there are numerous other people here who've had the same 'good' exprience dealing directly with Autovaux...

I've been getting stuff from them for over 5 or 6 years now - never had a single prob. and I use my visa card, not paypal - never had a single prob with that either !!! :)

It's unfortunate what happened to ICE, but hopefully cases like that are a rare thing...hopefully something good comes out of it eventually for you ICE...

poita
17th February 2010, 08:19 PM
yer never had a problem with them.
makes it easier having the EPC too.

i have used paypay or cc over the phone. either way easy as.

turned up within a week every time

poita
12th June 2010, 12:04 AM
just to dig up an oldish thread, just bought some more parts from these guys

love how we get shafted by holden ehre

valves here $30ea, from autovaux $8 each

liam
12th June 2010, 12:12 AM
talking about being shafted

the plastic door trim clips for the AH... $4.95 EACH here....genuine GM packs of 10 for 2pounds fifty pence on ebay uk! I couldnt believe it

ChrisMaz
12th June 2010, 04:58 AM
Would also be glad to give Kudos to Autovaux for major service parts :cornut:

Don't even want to know how much Holden charge for them........

glider
12th June 2010, 12:44 PM
used autovaux for 2k+ of parts for the cali, happy with the service provided... I had several large orders so used email correspondence, only called to give CC details or used paypal

Ice
12th June 2010, 12:51 PM
well I ordered an Opel grille off them and they sent me a 3 door grille which obviously doesnt fit my 5 door and then another part i ordered also came wrong. despite getting clear confirmation about the correct parts. When I asked for a refund or a replacement they didnt want to know about it and basically stopped any contact and when called they didnt know anything about my order and said they cant do refunds ??????? WTF ?! service my arse and now im down a couple hundred bucks.

PrincessPeachey
12th June 2010, 12:58 PM
i got a knock sensor and clutch switch from them for about a third of the price that holden charge, including postage. arrived in about a week and a half. definitely good.

CNBLU
12th June 2010, 03:37 PM
oxygen sensor from holden is $450!!!

from autovaux is $150 delivered.... take your pic

I rate Autovaux very highly, never had a problem with them and they even CALL me back as i tell them i'm calling from a mobile!

Ice
12th June 2010, 05:11 PM
oxygen sensor from holden is $450!!!

from autovaux is $150 delivered.... take your pic

I rate Autovaux very highly, never had a problem with them and they even CALL me back as i tell them i'm calling from a mobile!

They call you back ?????? fken only wish i had a good experience. shame that 1 bad experience has put me off.

balker
12th June 2010, 05:25 PM
Make sure you ask for Genuine GM parts if that's what you want, as sometimes they will send you aftermarket if the genuine part is out of stock.

However if this is the case you may have to wait a week or so for new stock.

Mycal
12th June 2010, 06:35 PM
used autovaux for 2k+ of parts for the cali, happy with the service provided... I had several large orders so used email correspondence, only called to give CC details or used paypal

+1
I had a few big orders for my rebuild. Emailed them with the list of parts I needed then rang up to pay with the visa debit card.
I would deffinately recommend them to anyone thats got an opel.

PS I deal with Kieron and have never had any problems if that makes any difference.

gman
13th June 2010, 04:34 PM
I've ordered off Autovaux at least a dozen times. I usually email Kieron too and then do the final payment and order/price check order then phone.

Last order was over $800 and everything has always been no problems and always far cheaper than local Holden costs.

If you have a Euro based GM car they are the way to go.

boorny88
15th June 2010, 10:41 AM
i agree with gman i have only used them once but have nothing bad to say about them kieron always replys my emails and i get the email the following day with the full quote from him 5 star customer service form me

Wraith
15th June 2010, 01:06 PM
We all say the same thing on this topic everytime it comes up :)

Will be purchasing my 2nd Cali timing kit and water pump off them next month...I'm sure it'll be the same no fuss procedure as the 1st one 4 years ago and as all the other purchases off them over the years :)