PDA

View Full Version : Car options under $48K?? The Veccy is going in the next couple of months..

one2have
13th February 2010, 06:40 PM
It will be sad to part with my Veccy. We've had some good times and some bad times (4 engines later)..

Currently, it's a toss up between two very different vehicles.. 2010 Golf GTI (manual, not DSG) or VE SS (manual)..

Any arguments for or against these contenders. Which one would you go for? Should I consider something else? Has to be new, and not a Ford.

Feedback welcome..

JT

adam_92
13th February 2010, 07:02 PM
id personally go for the golf. i like them more than the commodores and imo commodores are too common

BEK-46P
13th February 2010, 07:58 PM
Two very different cars indeed!

Be a MAN and get the V8 ;)

chrissn89
13th February 2010, 11:05 PM
I would go the Golf GTI over the SS, but have you driven a MY10 WRX. Its a must if your looking at getting a new car. A test drive cant hurt, and im sure the drive will impress you.

ROCCO
14th February 2010, 12:01 AM
Personally i'd go the VE.....mainly beucase parts are always readily available and won't cost you an arm and a leg for service

liam
14th February 2010, 12:08 AM
Id hands down go for the golf, Ive been lucky enough to have driven all the cars mentioned here (SSv V8 early 08, 09 mark 6 golf gti and a 2010 wrx)

The SS, firstly a beautiful engine, hugely powerful matched with a really nice gearbox & clutch. Steering has a good weight to it giving you plenty of road feel. Sounds great outside and in, however the interior quality is sh*thouse two days into owning it the handbrake cover came off, follwed by the interior lights constantly flickering due to poor wiring. 4 weeks later the stereo died. Needless to say we were not happy after that we ditched and bought the astra (Now mine :p)

2010 WRX, again very powerful sits very nice on the road (Steering however is very light) turbo provides a nice amount of whine under heavy right foot action but, interior quality is again pretty average. We spec'd ours with full leather, GPS, sunroof (Had to wait 5 bloody months for the thing!) Upon picking the car up I opened the passenger side door and caught the side panel of the dashboard in my hands, one red faced dealer later the car went into the service bay fair point its a easy fix but on a $50k car its pretty poor. Other than that dont bother with the GPS package, it makes the car look nice but the unit is pretty useless. The back parcel shelf/pullout blind bit rattles (does the same in dads outback) so if your a stickler on rattles beware!

The Golf, My pic of the mentioned cars, german build quality hands down dominates the other cars mentioned. I found it plenty powerful, responsive in the corners and the gearbox felt very solid. Its voted the best hot hatch year in year out for a reason. Unfortunately when we ordered the WRX there were to MK5's in manual in the country so it was a no go for us (preferred MK5's exterior).

Having said all of that Id probably go for this http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8237219&__sid=123BA800EF75&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_D ecimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294962746% 204294962677%204294774536&SearchAction=N&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=16&silo=1011 EDIT just read it has to be new

ASTRAY
14th February 2010, 09:56 AM
just under $40k, just a suggestion, but while you are on the site, have a real good look at the features etc, plus they arent ugly like the wrx.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/pages/vehicles/lancerralliart/home.aspx?ac=ITS033&247SEM#/pages/vehicles/lancerralliart/photos.aspx?id=4575

hazrd
14th February 2010, 10:38 AM
depends on what u are after
i was going to just say "golf" and thats it, then i thought

- do u need room?
- do u need to tow?
- or are you just after a car to drive that fun and good on fuel

if its option 3 - golf
if its option 1 or 2 (or both) then the SS is your best bet

always think of practicality first. coz the last thing u wanna do is spend 50 grand on a car only to find its not gunna do everything you want it to do

Wraith
15th February 2010, 01:08 PM
It will be sad to part with my Veccy. We've had some good times and some bad times (4 engines later)..

Currently, it's a toss up between two very different vehicles.. 2010 Golf GTI (manual, not DSG) or VE SS (manual)..

Any arguments for or against these contenders. Which one would you go for? Should I consider something else? Has to be new, and not a Ford.

Feedback welcome..

JT

The problem here will be that you have sooooooo many choices to choose from in that price range :)

Firstly you'll need to decide on the category you want and go from there...

If it's a hot hatch, you've got lots to choose from...

If it's a normal hatch, you've got even more choice...

There are also numerous sedans or SUV choices in that price range...

I'm not going to give personal recommendations or choices because that's entirely up to you depending on your requirements/needs and personal tastes, but as said with a budget of up to 48k you should end up wit ha very nice new vehicle :)

one2have
15th February 2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys you've all been pretty helpful :)

WRX would have been my choice, but I cannot get used to those looks. Trust me I've tried.

Don't need a lot of room and I don't need to tow.

The R32 (or now GTI-R) would have been my choice but it's a little out of the price range.

I've owned Commies all my life (I also lived with a VE SV6 for 6 months, when the Veccy was in for repairs). The VE interior I find totally boring - I need gadgets and iPod integration. Having said that, I'd never owned a V8 and that was a big selling point with the SS.

The Ralliart Lancer looks ok, but I would rather an EVO. Having said that, I think they are both too boy racer-ish for me.

The Gold GTI decision is getting easier and easier it seems!

JT

hazrd
15th February 2010, 05:32 PM
Just as i read that i remember the 09 GTi i saw on the road yesterday driving home... looks soooo good on the road :) im definitely with u on that decision !!

edit: here you go
http://www.caradvice.com.au/20673/2009-volkswagen-golf-gti-pirelli-review-road-test/

$47,490 :swg: perfect !!!

Wraith
15th February 2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys you've all been pretty helpful :)

WRX would have been my choice, but I cannot get used to those looks. Trust me I've tried.

Don't need a lot of room and I don't need to tow.

The R32 (or now GTI-R) would have been my choice but it's a little out of the price range.

I've owned Commies all my life (I also lived with a VE SV6 for 6 months, when the Veccy was in for repairs). The VE interior I find totally boring - I need gadgets and iPod integration. Having said that, I'd never owned a V8 and that was a big selling point with the SS.

The Ralliart Lancer looks ok, but I would rather an EVO. Having said that, I think they are both too boy racer-ish for me.

The Gold GTI decision is getting easier and easier it seems!

JT

OK I know I said earlier I wasn't going to give any of my choice opinions, I think I'll now give at least one :)

Since your so keen on the Golf Gti, look at all the direct rivals more closely as some of them offer far better value for money and better resale and reliabilty than any Golf...

One contender I would seriously look at if I were you is the new up coming Renault Megane RS250 !

It looks 100x times better than the outgoing model, it looks IMHO at least 10x better than the new Golf Gti, and has a very good quality and highly equipped typical Euro interior, with some neat gauges/gadgets and lots of options choices and 'going by current reviews' it has superior performance and handling than the new Golf Gti and should land here in Aust. at around the same price point as the new Golf Gti...

In most of it's reviews it's been put up against the more powerful and more expensive Euro hot hatches like the Golf R and RS Focus, becuase of how good it is despite being a Golf Gti rival...

There was a thread on here not too long ago on it, but it's only recently I've started researching it and I'm impressed...

Check out some of the links yourself - it's worth a 'look see' at least :)

poita
15th February 2010, 08:49 PM
i know you dont mention it, but what about an audi a3?

one2have
15th February 2010, 08:55 PM
Hmmm I hadn't even thought of the Megane. The outgoing model is a little ugly for me.. I did think about the new Clio as well, but it didn't do much for me..

Alright I'll research the RS250 :)

By the way, I just read the specs on the Ralliart Lancer. Very interesting but not too excited about the looks.

one2have
15th February 2010, 09:01 PM
i know you dont mention it, but what about an audi a3? Not quick enough for me.. Need something a little more sporty (S3ish)

ASTRAY
15th February 2010, 09:03 PM
Hmmm I hadn't even thought of the Megane. The outgoing model is a little ugly for me.. I did think about the new Clio as well, but it didn't do much for me..

By the way, I just read the specs on the Ralliart Lancer. Very interesting but not too excited about the looks.
rear end could be much nicer, but that front end is hot! i know because i look at a very similar front end every morning before i hop into my car.
if you have even the slightest inclination towards the ra, go have a look in the flesh.

one2have
15th February 2010, 09:07 PM
WOW THE NEW MEGANE RS250 LOOKS HOT!!!! We suddenly have a new contender..

Wraith
15th February 2010, 09:07 PM

I was going to mention the Ralliart Lancer first up...but didn't want to get jumped by all the brand snob Jap haters on here LOL :)

Truth be told, it is probably the best value for money '4 pot' vehicle you'll buy for the specified amount, ie. up to 48k...ALL things considered !

Every possible feature you could think of is there or can be optioned up including push button start and interior effect lighting...

It has the best manufacturers warranty going !

It was one of the best in it's class for performance and kicks most hatches in the guts :D

And if that isn't enough, It comes with a full factory warranted (10 years) power/performance/handling upgrade (TMR Aust/Mitsubishi collaboration) which puts it in a similar performance class as a stock Evo...

And it looks not bad to boot ;)

Wraith
15th February 2010, 09:09 PM
WOW THE NEW MEGANE RS250 LOOKS HOT!!!! We suddenly have a new contender..

Alas always happy to be of a positive influence :)

Mind you don't get carried away by the looks alone - it rocks on the performance/handling and features/quality side of it too !!! :)

ASTRAY
15th February 2010, 09:13 PM
I was going to mention the Ralliart Lancer first up...but didn't want to get jumped by all the brand snob Jap haters on here LOL :)

Truth be told, it is probably the best value for money '4 pot' vehicle you'll buy for the specified amount, ie. up to 48k...ALL things considered !

Every possible feature you could think of is there or can be optioned up including push button start and interior effect lighting...

It has the best manufacturers warranty going !

It was one of the best in it's class for performance and kicks most hatches in the guts :D

And if that isn't enough, It comes with a full factory warranted (10 years) power/performance/handling upgrade (TMR Aust/Mitsubishi collaboration) which puts it in a similar performance class as a stock Evo...

And it looks not bad to boot ;)

other than looks wise, the only difference between the evo and ra is the ra awd isnt quite as good as the evo, and a different tune map.
also the evo is only available in auto ( i think the ra is still available as manual.)
maybe a couple of tiny differences internal engine wise (not that i know of though)
oh and the evo has a bigger turbo, and is twin spool or what ever its called.

poita
15th February 2010, 09:14 PM
other than looks wise, the only difference between the evo and ra is the ra awd isnt quite as good as the evo, and a different tune map.
also the evo is only available in auto ( i think the ra is still available as manual.)
maybe a couple of tiny differences internal engine wise (not that i know of though)

wtf

Wraith
15th February 2010, 09:27 PM

Take a few deep breaths there Astray LOL we all know how good these 2 are :)

RA is the one that's twin clutch auto only - stick shift is available for base Evo and yes engines are identicle MIVEC's except for state of tune and turbo type...Twin clutch SST is beefed up in the Evo though and comes with a launch control feature in the Evo as well :)

ASTRAY
15th February 2010, 10:17 PM
Take a few deep breaths there Astray LOL we all know how good these 2 are :)

RA is the one that's twin clutch auto only - stick shift is available for base Evo and yes engines are identicle MIVEC's except for state of tune and turbo type...Twin clutch SST is beefed up in the Evo though and comes with a launch control feature in the Evo as well :)

my apologies guys. i knew it was one of them lol

Wraith
15th February 2010, 10:28 PM
my apologies guys. i knew it was one of them lol

Ah no harm Jason, as you know I'm with all the way on the Lancers - undiniably top cars !!!

I think I've got one2have hooked on the new RS250 Megane, certainly a new hot hatch that anyone who's in the market for this segment should consider...

Only thing is it won't arrive here until late 2010...by then the Golf R will be here and maybe and it's a big 'maybe' that by then VW will have done us all a favour and decided to bring over the Scirocco and the Scirocco R at that - now that would be something...

What a headache to have to choose from that bunch :D

ASTRAY
15th February 2010, 11:30 PM
Ah no harm Jason, as you know I'm with all the way on the Lancers - undiniably top cars !!!

except for the interior, absolute crud imo, well the plastic parts anyway. ive bought myself some cf fabric to spruce up the blandest parts.

TheOperator
16th February 2010, 11:10 AM
What about one of these:

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/abarth-500.jpg

Laugh all you want but these Abarth 500's are a hoot to drive :eek6:

However if you can't get your head around that what about a Fiat Mito GTA:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/03/01-alfa-mito-gta-live_580op.jpg

Or you could settle for this if you haggle enough:

http://www.modernracer.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2010-Subaru-WRX-STI-Special-Edition-450x326.jpg

Wraith
16th February 2010, 12:40 PM
What about one of these:

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/abarth-500.jpg

Laugh all you want but these Abarth 500's are a hoot to drive :eek6:

However if you can't get your head around that what about a Fiat Mito GTA:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/03/01-alfa-mito-gta-live_580op.jpg

Or you could settle for this if you haggle enough:

http://www.modernracer.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2010-Subaru-WRX-STI-Special-Edition-450x326.jpg

Beautiful choices Operator...I love the Fiat 500 myself :)

Don't think you'll ever be able to get a new Sti for 48k though...?? might have to go S/H on that one and one2have has already stated on this thread he dosn't like the rex's...

Then again there's always that other favourite of ours the MPS3 to also consider, however if pricing of the luxury variant is similar to the Megane I'd definitely still go for the RS250, it's just so good looking and has everything to make it a proper hot hatch :)

gmonkey
16th February 2010, 12:56 PM
megane +1 vote from me...

id say Subaru Liberty, but they have ruined it and looks like crap now....

my other suggestions would be
Mazda Mx5 ( i know its 'gay' but hardtop convertible, lightweight, great ride, and reasonably powerful engine)
Honda Civic Type-R
Ford Mondeo/Focus XR5 (If you could live with a ford thats maybe not a falcon??? cause im guessing there maybe commodore v falcon rivalry)
VXR? (same dealers have a few remaining)
BMW 125i coupe (there in low $50ks but might be able to score a deal)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b384/mockngbrd4/BMW%20125i%20Coupe/DSC08456.jpg
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv125/Jon-Turbo/My%20cars/066.jpg

If you go with a SS, can you get a sportwagon please :p they look soo cool in either green or black

TheOperator
16th February 2010, 01:02 PM
Beautiful choices Operator...I love the Fiat 500 myself :)

Don't think you'll ever be able to get a new Sti for 48k though...?? might have to go S/H on that one and one2have has already stated on this thread he dosn't like the rex's...

Then again there's always that other favourite of ours the MPS3 to also consider, however if pricing of the luxury variant is similar to the Megane I'd definitely still go for the RS250, it's just so good looking and has everything to make it a proper hot hatch :)

I really love the 500 and once it gets here and other people have driven it also they will know why i have gone crazy!!!

I have seen new STi's go for 48K, you just need to find a dealer thats holding old stock and you will get a surprise because they need it gone due to floor plan costs :wink5:

And yes i agree as much as i like the MPS, i to would have a very good look at new Megane as it seems a awesome package! But then again i am one of the few that like the old cup verison etc :eek6:

gmonkey
16th February 2010, 01:05 PM
Also dare i suggest... (bit underpowered for the $$ u pay really but...)

Mini Cooper or Clubman S R55 1.6T :p

Wraith
16th February 2010, 01:30 PM
All excellent suggestions guys - now one2have will know what I meant with my comments in my 1st post on this thread LOL :)

There's sooooo much choice these days in most segments that if your a car buff or enthsiast, it'll give you a real headache to decide on one of them... :idea:

dieselhead
16th February 2010, 01:43 PM
For me, Golf GTI is a sure bet. There's no other car doing so many things right for the money (about $45k drive away price for manual, no fancy options). Then there's the R at about $55k plus on roads... Show me another every day high performance car ticking so many boxes for that sort of money. Sure, Japan's best is better on a track, but I don't care. No way I'll race a $60k puppy at Mallala, ever.
I agree, the Megane is more of a looker, but I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on a Gaelic car. There's a saying in Europe: there are cars out there and there are German cars. I heard that first over 20 years ago and boy did VW improve since then :)

JohnBu
16th February 2010, 02:28 PM
the Megane is french :D

I like them, but don't like the idea of a French made car.

TheOperator - $48k drive away for a new STI?

nice.. I've noticed they haven't been selling well. Are they 08 or 09 built?

If I was in the market for a new car, and if I could get an STI for $48k I know what I'd be getting.

You'll pay that much for a GTI DSG with Leather.

Golf GTI, fantastic car (non biased :P), but overpriced at the moment as demand > supply.

TheOperator
16th February 2010, 02:43 PM
the Megane is french :D

I like them, but don't like the idea of a French made car.

TheOperator - $48k drive away for a new STI?

nice.. I've noticed they haven't been selling well. Are they 08 or 09 built?

If I was in the market for a new car, and if I could get an STI for $48k I know what I'd be getting.

You'll pay that much for a GTI DSG with Leather.

Golf GTI, fantastic car (non biased :P), but overpriced at the moment as demand > supply.

December 08 to July 09 built for the 3 STi's i've seen sell for that money, just the normal one not the "R" spec option :wink5:

I think they are a steal at that pricing point however as i said you need to do some research on who has old stock them "rape" them so to speak :lol:

gmonkey
16th February 2010, 09:50 PM
wouldnt u rather the luxury of the bmw 125i over a gti?? its also more powerful/quicker....:p

but in saying that the golf is a shite load cheaper ahah, can get a new gti around $36

gmonkey
16th February 2010, 09:57 PM
the 125i is probs best option at the full 48k budget, but yeh you can get a golf gti manual at around mid to high 30s, which is great pricing for what it is.. but then u will deff want the leather option (+2000$) as the tartan is only nice if you are a Golf enthusiast and like its roots or are Scottish. Then the MDI maybe for Ipod connectivity ($500) adaptive chassis control ($2000) 18" alloy upgrade ($1500 these wheels are awesome!! the motorsport ones look the nicest or the vision ones) bi-xenon headlight upgrade ($1000)

check out the brochure here if you want here:
http://www.volkswagen.com.au/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/en_au/new_cars/golf/pricing___specifications.Par.0028.File.pdf/78516_golf_gti_brochure.pdf

125i and the golf resale is pretty good aswell.. deff both cars are nice, and ill say it again if only we got the scirocco

JohnBu
17th February 2010, 10:40 AM
hmmm, where are you getting brand new GTIs for $36k and 125i's for $48k?

I would also say the 125i wouldn't be much, if any quicker than a GTI.

hazrd
17th February 2010, 11:34 AM
hmmm, where are you getting brand new GTIs for $36k

id like to know this too lol

looked at a 2nd hand 08 GTi (fk it was hot) with 45k on the clock last night and it was 36,990

gmonkey
17th February 2010, 11:42 AM
its $36k-$38k for a for a Golf GTi 3dr manual

on paper the 125i is marginally quicker and is non-turbo (which makes modding harder sadly), real life who knows...

GOLF:

Engine: 2.0L 4cyl Turbo Intercooled

Tare Mass (kg)1360 (there was no listing of kerb weight)
Power155kW @ 5300-6200rpm
Torque280Nm @ 1700-5200rpm
Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs)6.9

125i:

Kerb Weight (kg)1405

Tare Mass (kg)1375

Engine: 3.0L V6 DOHC with VVT & Lift

Power160kW @ 6100rpm Torque270Nm @ 2500-4250rpm Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs)6.4

Wraith
17th February 2010, 12:57 PM
Hmmm, interesting guys, the 125i is indeed a worthy contender, but it's price point may put it out of reach...

As for all the comments regarding questionable French build with cars ?? Hello obviously still turning a blind eye to the many quirks and problems you get with most if not ALL German made marks, especially the VAG group of vehicles...but of course if you love them so much you put up with it, always a case of each to their own :)

The new generation Renaults and even Peugeots will be up there with the best of them, the RS250 and the rest of the new Megane and Clio range is already proving that in Europe ! - I love the new look coming for the Peugeots, gone is that big ugly gaping front end styling...:thumbs:

There's also going to be higher performance spin off variants of the Renaults, but it's doubtful they'll make it here to Aust.

All I hope for is that we get the full crop of new vehicles coming out in this segment here in Aust. especially the Scirocco :D

I've read there's even been more suggestion of the Focus RS making it down under...

dieselhead
17th February 2010, 01:30 PM
Where did you read about the RS? I'd really, really love to see it coming over... It would make sense for Ford as well since would assist them shifting more small and medium cars for sure.

cdxi
17th February 2010, 04:48 PM
The Golf is looking good.

Thought about the just-off-the-boat Golf GTD, or just not looking for an oiler?

Wraith
17th February 2010, 04:59 PM
Where did you read about the RS? I'd really, really love to see it coming over... It would make sense for Ford as well since would assist them shifting more small and medium cars for sure.

I came across it not long ago diesel in a non-related article about another car type...

I can't remember exactly where though as I view/read so much of this sort of stuff...and sorry the Focus RS is of no real interest to me so I didn't file/copy it :( In that hot hatch performance/price point class, I'd be much more interested in the Scirocco R or even the Golf R...we're already confirmed getting the Golf R fingers crossed we get the Scirocco R as well :)

All I do remember is that it was an article on the future of the Ford performance Aust. line up, mainly to do with the new up coming cayote engined Falcon sedans and there was mention that Ford Aust. now had a strong incentive to bring in a true performance smaller vehicle as an extended offer to Ford fans, similar to what GMH/HSV has done with the VXR etc.

If I come across it again I'll send it to you via PM :)

Red AH SRI T
17th February 2010, 08:10 PM
I say go for the GTi.

And not just because I sell them, but because they are a truly great car.

Wraith
17th February 2010, 08:30 PM
I say go for the GTi.

And the other's mentioned (Ralliart, Megane RS250, new WRX, MPS3, BMW 1 series, Fiat 500 etc. etc.) arn't ???

Sorry sounds like bias to me :skep:

Anyone of those others has it over the Golf in some way or another and some of them are far better value for money as well !

The Megane is the real standout and dark horse here...the previous model range topper 'R26' is already a bit of a legend in such a short time and going by most reviews of the new RS250, it's better overall than the new Gti...

Lets see how it goes when it arrives down under later this year :)

Hopefully it won't take too many Gti sales away from you :p jk :D

gmonkey
17th February 2010, 09:30 PM
i was talking to a mate that works for ford, he thinks it is likely the RS may come here in limited numbers (and numbered like the nurb was) i asked him if itd be FPV he said he doubts it :p He also told me there is a facelift of the mondeo this year supposably, where in which the back is changed dramatically maybe good :)

liam
17th February 2010, 09:53 PM
The RS would be awesome

dieselhead
17th February 2010, 10:06 PM
Yes, it would be awesome indeed. Imagine the resale value of those things if say only 200 units land here ;)

liam
17th February 2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, it would be awesome indeed. Imagine the resale value of those things if say only 200 units land here ;)

It would be great... aslong as there are no problems lol if so then your screwed

rjastra
18th February 2010, 11:12 AM
I would go the Golf GTi. On the Golf forums people have been buying the new GTIs for prices close to the RRP (prior to on roads). So close to a 10% discount.

The reduction in import duty has seen the cost of some factory fitted accessories decrease in price. The 18 inch wheel/tyre option being the best available. The dynaudio stereo upgrade being another excellent one.

People mention the Megane 250. A great car but its unsure when Renault will sell it here. They still haven't released the Clio RS200 and thats been available overseas for months.

There is also a rumour that Renault may exit the Australian market yet again... this will do wonders for the already crap renault resale figures.

Focus RS... no way in hell it will appear in out market in its current model. Maybe the next model.

Calibrated
18th February 2010, 11:32 AM
X-Trail TL Diesel?

Wraith
18th February 2010, 12:57 PM

Highly doubtful Diesel...look at the VXR and other niche similar examples, there's been no extraordinary happenings to their resale value, it's depreciated as per normal like any other car...
Diesel, if your so keen on the Focus RS and it dosn't come to Aust. then I would seriously look at the Golf R !!!

IMHO it looks better than the boy racer look of the Focus RS and is superior in performance...and if all price point reports are accurate (less than the cost of the previous R32) it'll be cheaper than a Focus RS as well..ie. before adding a truck load of options the the Golf...

It would be great... aslong as there are no problems lol if so then your screwed

If Ford Aust. brings them in, then this shouldn't be a prob. as they'll arrange for a full service/maintanance program to be installed here as well...

I would go the Golf GTi. On the Golf forums people have been buying the new GTIs for prices close to the RRP (prior to on roads). So close to a 10% discount.

The reduction in import duty has seen the cost of some factory fitted accessories decrease in price. The 18 inch wheel/tyre option being the best available. The dynaudio stereo upgrade being another excellent one.

People mention the Megane 250. A great car but its unsure when Renault will sell it here. They still haven't released the Clio RS200 and thats been available overseas for months.

There is also a rumour that Renault may exit the Australian market yet again... this will do wonders for the already crap renault resale figures.
Focus RS... no way in hell it will appear in out market in its current model. Maybe the next model.

OK 1st off the RS250 Megane is confirmed for Aust. the new Clio is also on its way down - the RS250 won't be here though until late this year...read this linkhttp://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009/sports/renault/megane/renault-m%C3%A9gane-rs-250-confirmed-for-oz-17107?intref=ed-news

2nd if we're going to talk about crap re-sale values, the Golf Gti (and the rest of the Golf range) arn't exactly top of their class either in this respect, we've discussed this before in other threads - if your concerned about resale value in this category, then buy yourself a Mazda MPS3 full stop !

Previous Megane had a body shape only its mother would love, hence adding to poor resale values because not many people would want one...

The new Megane - especially the RS250 - has got good looks in abundance, it'll be a different story with this variant in terms of popularity, either way we'll know soon enough - time flies :D

dieselhead
18th February 2010, 01:21 PM
Tell me you didn't just compare the VXR with RS :) There's no way in hell they share the same league. The Focus RS is not only a high performance hatch, is an event. Look at the following the previous Focus RS and Cosworth models still have around the world. From what I read so far these cars are bullet proof. For me the only alternative to RS is the R, of course. But if I'm lucky enough to see both the RS and the R coming down under I'll just let my heart be the judge after test drives. They're sure great cars in their own right.

Wraith
18th February 2010, 01:31 PM
Tell me you didn't just compare the VXR with RS :) There's no way in hell they share the same league. The Focus RS is not only a high performance hatch, is an event. Look at the following the previous Focus RS and Cosworth models still have around the world. From what I read so far these cars are bullet proof. For me the only alternative to RS is the R, of course. But if I'm lucky enough to see both the RS and the R coming down under I'll just let my heart be the judge after test drives. They're sure great cars in their own right.

That's fair enough and you may very well be correct - only time will tell...

Only reason why I pushed the Golf R onto you is because it is definitely coming to Aust. (as early as July 2010) so you can definitely have one of those :)

Also as mentioned budget for a Golf R should be similar or less than a RS Focus and the Golf R betters the Focus in performance and economy...unlike the Golf Gti, the standard interior on the R is very good without having to option up to get rid of the silly tartan seats...exterior improvements over the Gti, like lower front bar TT-RS style and DRL's and rear LED tail light assemblies and R32 style twin exhaust make it lookmuch better than the plain/bland/boring looking Gti.

Also AFAIK the Golf R is coming to Aust. as a 3 door only, again better for it in the external looks department, certainly a worthy contender/substitute for the Focus RS IMO :)

rjastra
18th February 2010, 01:52 PM
The new Megane - especially the RS250 - has got good looks in abundance, it'll be a different story with this variant in terms of popularity, either way we'll know soon enough - time flies

He may be waiting 8-10months for the release of the RS250. Some people like a car a bit sooner than that Wraith. One can't be always waiting for the "next best thing" :P

Wraith
18th February 2010, 02:38 PM
He may be waiting 8-10months for the release of the RS250. Some people like a car a bit sooner than that Wraith. One can't be always waiting for the "next best thing" :P

Yes that's true, granted if the time scale dosn't fit, then you have to go with what's available now...

However going by all accounts, it seems one2have has really taken to the looks and specs of the RS250 so if he's willing to wait. it'll be worth it..that Megane really is a stunning vehicle to look at :)

Red AH SRI T
18th February 2010, 08:28 PM
And the other's mentioned (Ralliart, Megane RS250, new WRX, MPS3, BMW 1 series, Fiat 500 etc. etc.) arn't ???

Sorry sounds like bias to me :skep:

Anyone of those others has it over the Golf in some way or another and some of them are far better value for money as well !

The Megane is the real standout and dark horse here...the previous model range topper 'R26' is already a bit of a legend in such a short time and going by most reviews of the new RS250, it's better overall than the new Gti...

Lets see how it goes when it arrives down under later this year :)

Hopefully it won't take too many Gti sales away from you :p jk :D

The Ralliart and WRX just dont have the quality the Golf has. The Renault is going to be very interesting, it is def one i would also consider.

I almost bought a BMW 125i last year but thought it to be too expensive by the time you add options, but still a great car.

In the end it all come down to personal preference. At the end of the day its the OP buying the car, and just because a magazine or ppl on here say something is a great car doesnt mean its the one that they will feel at home in.

Red AH SRI T
18th February 2010, 08:31 PM

This is only for customers who qualify for the VW Corporate program, if you don't then you wont get anywhere near that sort of discount.

Wraith
19th February 2010, 08:45 AM
The Ralliart and WRX just dont have the quality the Golf has. The Renault is going to be very interesting, it is def one i would also consider.

I almost bought a BMW 125i last year but thought it to be too expensive by the time you add options, but still a great car.

In the end it all come down to personal preference. At the end of the day its the OP buying the car, and just because a magazine or ppl on here say something is a great car doesnt mean its the one that they will feel at home in.

Agreed on most counts above, when it comes to cars and car enthusiasts it is personal...always a case of each to their own :)

These days with most new cars regardless of where they're from you really can't go wrong either way...

gmonkey
19th February 2010, 12:33 PM
i agree, even KIA and hyundia are turning out decent cars now! which is scary that toyota is having more problems with there line up than Kia :p

Wraith
19th February 2010, 01:19 PM
i agree, even KIA and hyundia are turning out decent cars now! which is scary that toyota is having more problems with there line up than Kia :p

Agreed...afterall KIA are run/owned by Hyundai so little surprise there...

I've seen some of the upcoming future KIA models and they look absolutely stunning !!!

All I can say is the car World is changing and in not the too distant future, even these so called 'lesser' Korean brands will have products as good or better than the current so called 'better' brands... :)

one2have
19th February 2010, 01:23 PM
X-Trail diesel?? That made me laugh out loud.. Mini & Fix It Again Tony are out as well. Anything in the last 20 years with a Ford badge is also out..

I am having a minor crisis thanks to Wraith throwing the RS250 in the mix. Do I wait for something that I may or may not be able to buy (Limited numbers or otherwise)? RS250 is simply amazing.

Golf GTI needs the leather, sunroof and ipod connectivity, all of which will add up..

An STI for 48K?? I would probably consider despite the looks.

Thanks again guys for the input, I'll let you guys know in a couple of months on what I've decided to do. I'll test drive a few cars in the meantime.

Red AH, could you do a good deal on a GTI with the above options?

JohnBu
19th February 2010, 02:08 PM
Once you options the GTI up, it's not cheap.. contary to gmonkey's quoted prices.

go and see if you can find a old stock STI for under $50k... in another league to the GTI performance wise, and better than the Golf R.

dieselhead
19th February 2010, 02:34 PM
go and see if you can find a old stock STI for under $50k... in another league to the GTI performance wise, and better than the Golf R.

Since when uglier and crap interior makes a car better? :D If you're after a track day car yes, you'll rip everything out anyway. But as a fast daily driver, come on, the R is in a league where Japanese wannabees dream to get some day. Right up there next to S3, 135i and that's about it... Now let me go put that flame suite on.

JohnBu
19th February 2010, 02:42 PM
If you're after a track day car yes, you'll rip everything out anyway.

that is what performance wise means...

so what part of my statement are you disputing?

ASTRAY
19th February 2010, 03:09 PM
everyone (some) seem to be bagging the tartan cloth in the gti, i quite like it myself. its a hell of alot better than most seats etc i see in other cars.
but im a anti-leather guy.

dieselhead
19th February 2010, 03:21 PM
that is what performance wise means...

so what part of my statement are you disputing?

I'm not disputing that the STi would be a better track car and it makes sense to buy one rather than an R if that's what you need. Having said that, for that money yet another performance league, you'd get a second hand Lotus Elise.
What I'm saying and have been saying it before, I can't see what the hell are STi and Evo doing in the $60-70k range rubbing their elbows with European royalty? Point is, if you want pure performance on the cheap (well, sort of) go STi or Evo. But if you're after performance AND some class, well, there's nothing Subaru or Mitsubishi can offer at the moment.

JohnBu
19th February 2010, 03:21 PM
I also think the Tartan suits the car... plus it's a hell of a lot better than most cars' seats, more support.

I have leather in my GTI. GF wanted it.. it's a $3k option I could live without. the GTI has fantastic seats, leather or cloth.

JohnBu
19th February 2010, 03:28 PM
I'm not disputing that the STi would be a better track car and it makes sense to buy one rather than an R if that's what you need. Having said that, for that money yet another performance league, you'd get a second hand Lotus Elise.
What I'm saying and have been saying it before, I can't see what the hell are STi and Evo doing in the $60-70k range rubbing their elbows with European royalty? Point is, if you want pure performance on the cheap (well, sort of) go STi or Evo. But if you're after performance AND some class, well, there's nothing Subaru or Mitsubishi can offer at the moment.

fair enough comment, except for the redicilous comment about the elise.

I think the GTI is a great car, hence why I got one..However, if you can get the STI for under $50k, you'd be silly not to get it if you like driving.

at the same price, I'd get a STI over a Golf R.

Wraith
19th February 2010, 03:37 PM
X-Trail diesel?? That made me laugh out loud.. Mini & Fix It Again Tony are out as well. Anything in the last 20 years with a Ford badge is also out..

I am having a minor crisis thanks to Wraith throwing the RS250 in the mix. Do I wait for something that I may or may not be able to buy (Limited numbers or otherwise)? RS250 is simply amazing.

Golf GTI needs the leather, sunroof and ipod connectivity, all of which will add up..

Thanks again guys for the input, I'll let you guys know in a couple of months on what I've decided to do. I'll test drive a few cars in the meantime.

Yeah, apologies for that but then again you did ask LOL :D

It's something you have to decide yourself, if you want or can wait till the RS250 is available...

It would be worth waiting for if you want what it offers - by all the reviews it seems to be the best handling/driver rewarding hot hatch ever - imagine how good the future 'powered up' models will be...

One thing I learnt from reading up on the Renaults is that's where Ford came up with their Revoknuckle system for the RS Focus, they basically copied and made their own version of the system already invented and used by Renault on previous Meganes and Clios...no wonder the Megane and Clios have always had the best handling/power delivery qualities for FWDrivers...

Anyways lots for you to consider and think about, but as said you really can't go wrong with any new vehicle these days, they're all pretty good, but if you can wait go for the RS250 at the same or less money than a Gti that would be one of the best choices ;)

Wraith
19th February 2010, 03:40 PM
fair enough comment, except for the redicilous comment about the elise.

I think the GTI is a great car, hence why I got one..However, if you can get the STI for under $50k, you'd be silly not to get it if you like driving.

at the same price, I'd get a STI over a Golf R.

Believe it or not, at the same price I'd rather the Golf R :o

In my view it's that much over the Gti and considering the cost difference, I'd have one :)

Red AH SRI T
21st February 2010, 08:07 PM

Of Course! ;-)

Email me [email protected]

the-converter
25th February 2010, 10:37 PM
Get the Holden Insignia 2.8 turbo V6.

Wraith
26th February 2010, 12:49 PM
Get the Holden Insignia 2.8 turbo V6.

Nice engine, but depending on your taste you'd have to get over the look of the thing first...

VXR variant looks so much better, don't think we'll ever see that car here in Aust. and if we did, its price would be well up there...

blueraven
6th March 2010, 08:50 AM

Buy Mine :) Its cheaper than anything i have seen on carsales, but I garuantee you better than most of them ;)
Look in the for sale - temp section for further info.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2149t88.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/213ggvb.jpg

blueraven
6th March 2010, 09:00 AM
Since when uglier and crap interior makes a car better? :D If you're after a track day car yes, you'll rip everything out anyway. But as a fast daily driver, come on, the R is in a league where Japanese wannabees dream to get some day. Right up there next to S3, 135i and that's about it... Now let me go put that flame suite on.

No Need for a flame suit, you are simply wrong, except about the intererior, but then the STI's intererior is still better than alot of other cars. The golf r might come close in performance, but is already being tipped to be 5-10k more expensive than the sti, the 135i is as quick in a straight line but starts at 10-15k more (I dont care what they are advertised at, you will not drive one away from a dealer for less than 75k, i tried!!) but since you mentioned that the STi is ugly..the 135i aint no oil painting either. The S3?? you will be dissapointed, they are about on par with a standard golf gti, nothing wrong with that, but dont compare it to an sti or evo without driving one.

Apex
9th March 2010, 10:45 AM
Cars are personal and we all have different reasons for wanting one or another.

If we are looking at Hot Hatches I would take the Megane only because I know how good they are and I frequent track days and enjoy driving fast, I am a Renaultsport convert, after driving one all other hot hatches become very luke warm, very luke warm indeed.

Given I wanted a more practical rounded package with 5-Doors I would take the GTI with DSG, Why DSG? Because I have seen how consistently brilliant it is on the MK6, it will shave a second and a half off a quarter mile time over the manual and do that fast run 9 times out of ten, and then you can slip it into auto and drive home in rush hour traffic.

The Golf R costs 14k more than the GTI here priced at $NZ 71k, that’s one expensive hot hatch, from all local reviews I have read its a fast car, consistently fast, given it is as cheap as you lot think it might be in Aus I would stretch to one, option a GTI to the same specks in our market and you are only 1k shy.

rjastra
9th March 2010, 11:05 PM
Except I think the Golf R is coming to Australia in basic spec. No leather, just 18 inch wheels and bixenons

So to match the spec in a GTI you need to spend around $3000 on 18 inch wheel upgrade and bixenons. Still nearly 10K+ cheaper than the probable asking price of a R

Wraith
10th March 2010, 02:02 AM
Buy Mine :) Its cheaper than anything i have seen on carsales, but I garuantee you better than most of them ;)
Look in the for sale - temp section for further info.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2149t88.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/213ggvb.jpg

She looks beaut BR, I still like the look of this new model rex...pity your selling :(

Wraith
10th March 2010, 02:16 AM
Cars are personal and we all have different reasons for wanting one or another.

If we are looking at Hot Hatches I would take the Megane only because I know how good they are and I frequent track days and enjoy driving fast, I am a Renaultsport convert, after driving one all other hot hatches become very luke warm, very luke warm indeed.

Given I wanted a more practical rounded package with 5-Doors I would take the GTI with DSG, Why DSG? Because I have seen how consistently brilliant it is on the MK6, it will shave a second and a half off a quarter mile time over the manual and do that fast run 9 times out of ten, and then you can slip it into auto and drive home in rush hour traffic.

The Golf R costs 14k more than the GTI here priced at $NZ 71k, that’s one expensive hot hatch, from all local reviews I have read its a fast car, consistently fast, given it is as cheap as you lot think it might be in Aus I would stretch to one, option a GTI to the same specks in our market and you are only 1k shy.

Interesting Apex, I think the new Megane RS250 will make alot of people convert, it's said to have the best handling of any hatch - period !!! so if that's what one is looking for as well as being a very attractive vehicle and overall package at a good price point, then why not ;)

Golf R will be an interesting one indeed, AFAIK it'll land here in Aust. in one spec only (ie. either 3 or 5 door only) but will have the full options list available to that variant, whichever it is...

Basic spec without options will be between 53-54k and is IMO not bad, as besides the 200kw engine and Haldex 4 AWD, (same as Audi S3 and TTS) it'll have better 3 tone seats (black/anthracite cloth with grey alcantara inserts) as standard instead of stupid tartan cloth like the Gti, so no need to upgrade on the seats, unless one wants the RS seats that Audi use which are an option, but a very expensive one...

All you'd need is DSG option on that and it'll still come under 60k drive away...far, far better IMO than optioning up a Gti to the same price point...which BTW still dosn't get you a fully loaded example anyway believe it or not a fully decked out Gti will burn a 63-64k hole in your pocket :shock:

GreyRex
10th March 2010, 08:40 AM
Interesting Apex, I think the new Megane RS250 will make alot of people convert, it's said to have the best handling of any hatch - period !!! so if that's what one is looking for as well as being a very attractive vehicle and overall package at a good price point, then why not ;)

Golf R will be an interesting one indeed, AFAIK it'll land here in Aust. in one spec only (ie. either 3 or 5 door only) but will have the full options list available to that variant, whichever it is...

Basic spec without options will be between 53-54k and is IMO not bad, as besides the 200kw engine and Haldex 4 AWD, (same as Audi S3 and TTS) it'll have better 3 tone seats (black/anthracite cloth with grey alcantara inserts) as standard instead of stupid tartan cloth like the Gti, so no need to upgrade on the seats, unless one wants the RS seats that Audi use which are an option, but a very expensive one...

All you'd need is DSG option on that and it'll still come under 60k drive away...far, far better IMO than optioning up a Gti to the same price point...which BTW still dosn't get you a fully loaded example anyway believe it or not a fully decked out Gti will burn a 63-64k hole in your pocket :shock:

Considering how much you pump up the Megane Wraith... all I can say is, good luck with such a miniscule dealer network. For me, I would not be comfortable spending almost $50,000 on a car (which is no doubt fantastic), yet wondering about the viability of the company in Aus in the future. As of right now, there are only four dealers acrosss Melbourne... with one in Geelong

The fact that Renault are not getting the international support to push this car before it comes here makes me wonder how much support it'll have once it eventually gets here

It was the same with the RenaultSport Clio. We got that around 2 years after its European release. And then when it gets here, most brand new are around $40,000!!

Also, in relation to the Golf R... it has been detuned for Australia to 188kW. This is how it will come stock. And good luck getting a new one for 53 - 54K driveaway. I would say they'll be pushing just under $60,000 driveaway new... then you can add to that DSG, leather, sunroof, satnav, premium sound etc etc

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/fastest-golf-slowed-by-aussie-heat-20100201-n78l.html

Australia has been denied the most powerful version yet of the Volkswagen Golf.
The Golf R has just been launched in Europe with a 199kW turbocharged four-cylinder, but the German company says Australian-specification models will use a slightly detuned engine owing to concerns with the country’s hot climate.
Power drops to 188kW to safeguard the hot-hatch’s engine-cooling system, though torque remains unchanged at 350Nm.

rjastra
10th March 2010, 01:59 PM
The Golf R will be 5 door only for Australia apparently.

Wraith... People on the VW forums have been picking very well specified Golf GTIs for mid 50s price range. Around 50K will get you one on the road with leather, sunroof, xenons and 18inch wheels.

one2have
15th March 2010, 09:46 AM
I just test drove a 2010 Golf GTI - Wow, the handling was unvbelievable.. I really enjoyed being in it, though the supportive seats need a bit of getting used to..

A 2009 Audi S3 was thrown into the mix - Awesome but not an extra 20K awesome..

dieselhead
15th March 2010, 10:30 AM
I imagine the R will be sensational if the GTI is that good :) I don't care how many doors it will have as long as there's one for me to get in the car.

Wraith
26th March 2010, 01:19 AM
Considering how much you pump up the Megane Wraith... all I can say is, good luck with such a miniscule dealer network. For me, I would not be comfortable spending almost $50,000 on a car (which is no doubt fantastic), yet wondering about the viability of the company in Aus in the future. As of right now, there are only four dealers acrosss Melbourne... with one in Geelong

The fact that Renault are not getting the international support to push this car before it comes here makes me wonder how much support it'll have once it eventually gets here

It was the same with the RenaultSport Clio. We got that around 2 years after its European release. And then when it gets here, most brand new are around $40,000!!

Also, in relation to the Golf R... it has been detuned for Australia to 188kW. This is how it will come stock. And good luck getting a new one for 53 - 54K driveaway. I would say they'll be pushing just under $60,000 driveaway new... then you can add to that DSG, leather, sunroof, satnav, premium sound etc etc

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/fastest-golf-slowed-by-aussie-heat-20100201-n78l.html

The Golf R has just been launched in Europe with a 199kW turbocharged four-cylinder, but the German company says Australian-specification models will use a slightly detuned engine owing to concerns with the country’s hot climate.
Power drops to 188kW to safeguard the hot-hatch’s engine-cooling system, though torque remains unchanged at 350Nm.

I havn't heard or read of any Renault dealer problems in Aust. and they're definitely bringing in the new RS250 at years end, so "hopefully" for anybody that wants one here in Vic. or any other part of Aust. won't have anything to worry about...'speculated' Aust price point (mid 40k's) so hopefully under 50k on road...

I am well aware the Golf R is landing here with the same detuned output as the Aust. spec Audi S3, who cares ??? heard of APR :) quick visit to these people and you'll have 4 or 5 selectable maps loaded up, one being 248kw / 480nm along with the AWD to utilise all that grunt should put it in the 4sec and 12sec zones for 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile sprints respectively :cornut: if you want to go for a little more APR tuning besides just mapping, their stage 2 plus on this engine releases approx. 260kw / 500+nm I'd be happy with the maps :)

Also with the pricing (53-54k) that's before ORC's and options list, apologies for not mentioning both in my previous post...VW Aust has released many articles stating it will be priced BELOW the outgoing R32's price of just over 55k before ORC's and options :)

If I were looking at one, I wouldn't bother with leather option, for me leather interiors suck for everyday use, high quality cloth is much better and if the colour/design is right, looks great too, I would want all the other goodies you mentioned though which'll probably put it very close to the price of a similarily loaded Audi S3...I must say I'm really liking this new Golf R after watching alot of videos on it, very impressive, it's pushing on my personal desire to acquire a vehicle with the fitted combination of AWD, magnetic suspension and a good automated manual trans running gear and being the same as what Audi uses on their much more expensive models makes it sweeter and the subtle differences externally like the nicer front, rear LED tail lights, twin central zorst pipes, gloss black rear lower skirt, nicely shaped side skirts and better factory rims make it so much more appealing to me than the Gti which I don't really fancy on an exterior looks point of view...white dials with blue needles and much nicer looking/contoured standard seats on the interior looks the bizz on the interior too compared with the Gti :)

Wraith
26th March 2010, 01:20 AM

I havn't heard or read of any Renault dealer problems in Aust. and they're definitely bringing in the new RS250 at years end, so "hopefully" for anybody that wants one here in Vic. or any other part of Aust. won't have anything to worry about...'speculated' Aust price point (mid 40k's) so hopefully under 50k on road...

I am well aware the Golf R is landing here with the same detuned output as the Aust. spec Audi S3, who cares ??? heard of APR :) quick visit to these people and you'll have 4 or 5 selectable maps loaded up, one being 248kw / 480nm along with the AWD to utilise all that grunt should put it in the 4sec and 12sec zones for 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile sprints respectively :cornut: if you want to go for a little more APR tuning besides just mapping, their stage 2 plus on this engine releases approx. 260kw / 500+nm I'd be happy with the maps :)

Also with the pricing (53-54k) that's before ORC's and options list, apologies for not mentioning both in my previous post...VW Aust has released many articles stating it will be priced BELOW the outgoing R32's price of just over 55k before ORC's and options :)

If I were looking at one, I wouldn't bother with leather option, for me leather interiors suck for everyday use, high quality cloth is much better and if the colour/design is right, looks great too, I would want all the other goodies you mentioned though which'll probably put it very close to the price of a similarily loaded Audi S3...I must say I'm really liking this new Golf R after watching alot of videos on it, very impressive, it's pushing on my personal desire to acquire a vehicle with the fitted combination of AWD, magnetic suspension and a good automated manual trans running gear and being the same as what Audi uses on their much more expensive models makes it sweeter and the subtle differences externally like the nicer front, rear LED tail lights, twin central zorst pipes, gloss black rear lower skirt, nicely shaped side skirts and better factory rims make it so much more appealing to me than the Gti which I don't really fancy on an exterior looks point of view...white dials with blue needles and much nicer looking/contoured standard seats on the interior looks the bizz on the interior too compared with the Gti :)

one2have
19th June 2010, 08:07 PM
I say go for the GTi.

Guys, the decision has been made..

I've orderd a Golf GTI, should be arriving end of July.
Quick specs: manual 5dr carbon steel + Sunroof + leather + (hopefully) 18"s

Special thanks to Red AH SRI T for doing a great deal for me. And thanks to all of you guys for your opinions - very helpful!!

I'll be selling my Veccy C Irmscher grill and K&N panel filter. PM me if you're interested!

hazrd
19th June 2010, 08:31 PM
congrats mate. another dubber :swg:

Red AH SRI T
21st June 2010, 12:56 PM
Guys, the decision has been made..

I've orderd a Golf GTI, should be arriving end of July.
Quick specs: manual 5dr carbon steel + Sunroof + leather + (hopefully) 18"s

Special thanks to Red AH SRI T for doing a great deal for me. And thanks to all of you guys for your opinions - very helpful!!

I'll be selling my Veccy C Irmscher grill and K&N panel filter. PM me if you're interested!

Thanks for your patience whilst we found you a car. Can't wait for you to pick it up and start enjoying it :-)

Wraith
21st June 2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, congrats on your new car...:)

one2have
22nd June 2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for your patience whilst we found you a car. Can't wait for you to pick it up and start enjoying it :-)

You're a Champion, KS..

Just please keep my wheels in mind ;-)

btm
22nd June 2010, 03:06 PM
good purchase! i'm sure you'll enjoy