PDA

View Full Version : Second Astra but last Holden ever

freebird
13th February 2010, 10:07 AM
Hi Guys,

Very useful forum and comforting to see that others have the same trouble and it is not just my lemon.

The first one was a manual 2000 1.8CD. had it for three years and sold it with 48,000 on the clock. Never had a problem and thought it was a fantastic car (What a mistake that was, if I had only kept for long enough to know the truth).

The second was an Auto 2002 1.8CD (Had to change because the wife did not want to drive the manual). New alternator at 35,000, rough gearbox from the start which Holden kept telling is normal (but now at 110,000 is noticibly clunky). Not to mention Air conditioning and a recent Coil pack failure.

The mechanic that fixed it last gave me the old coil pack and told me to hang it in a visible place in garage to remind me that I should sell the car before the ECU and all other electrical components fail!! how comforting......

Keep'emRunning
13th February 2010, 01:25 PM
..should have asked us beforehand, we would have told you to buy a japanese car, not our euro trash.

2 posts, both slagging off companies and their products. Welcome to our humble community :)

freebird
15th February 2010, 10:11 AM
Great minds think a like :hand: