PDA

View Full Version : New owner

Mr. ASTRA
12th February 2010, 07:12 AM
Hi people..
I’m a new Astra owner picked her up recently she is a plain Jane white 2003 SRI 2.2ltr, all in all a nice little ride..
No actual complaints, except for the rear wing blocking the view out the window ;-)
I am an avid car modifier and have goten this little number to be my dally driver coz I got a bit carried away with my other making it nothing short of cop bait … having said that I have put in HIDs, slotted rotors and a cold air ram pod..But that’s it.. NO MORE!! LOL

I am interested in finding out if you can pull the error codes from the ecu your self.
Other than that just saying HI!!

Keep'emRunning
12th February 2010, 09:36 AM
welcome buddy and enjoy your stay.. throw up some pics of your ride if possible.

..and yep, the rear wing takes a bit of getting use too, still not as bad as the AH for visibilty though! (dig dig) ;)

Grab an opcom from fleabay if you want to do some diagnostics, well worth the couplapennies.

cheers

dave

Mr. ASTRA
12th February 2010, 10:03 AM
thanks for that mate it is a good tip.
I see they vary from product to product in price... but price aside from $ is one better than the other?
http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=opcom

I only have acess to pictures of my other ride from the internet (Mazda) as I'm not in
Perth just now, but seriously if you look at a pic of a stock white TS SRI thats her..

I'll take some happy snaps when I get home I'm at work for another 2 weeks, I'm just trying to gather the info before I return to Perth..

But I will buy on off the bay and get it sent to my place for when i get in..

thanks again

gmonkey
12th February 2010, 10:11 AM
welcome mate, dont tell me you job takes you away to italy, if so awesome want to swap jobs!? :p WA members are becoming more common and active lately and a few of us have op-coms..

Feel free to check out the upcoming cruise and come along
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?25705-[WA]-Cruise-to-York-and-back

hazrd
12th February 2010, 10:13 AM
wecome mate

Mr. ASTRA
12th February 2010, 10:46 AM
welcome mate, dont tell me you job takes you away to italy

I work all over the globe in the offshore industry. I work month about, splitting my time off depending on the weather, proximity and alike between Australia and Italia (and no I'm not Italian lol).

so about the code reader...anyone better to get?

Keep'emRunning
12th February 2010, 11:51 AM
so about the code reader...anyone better to get?

that's the one most people have, works a treat.

Mr. ASTRA
12th February 2010, 12:17 PM
that's the one most people have, works a treat.

cool I got the one with the "Software version 090714 Hardware v1.39 ".. Nice!

I suppose now all I have to do is track down the diagnostic port..lol
thanks for the help ...
I'll see you around the forum...
Cheers..

guy 27
12th February 2010, 12:28 PM
Welcome to OA
love the sri's in white.

your diagnostics port is under the cover below the handbrake.

Mr. ASTRA
12th February 2010, 12:39 PM
thanks mate....