PDA

View Full Version : PS3 not outputting Dolby Digital/DTS(?)

BEK-46P
6th February 2010, 06:43 PM
Know much about this?

All sound/video settings seem to be correctly set on PS3 menus but my amp just isn't receiving a Digital signal (it's displaying Pro Logic II). I've tried everything!

MAD-16V
6th February 2010, 07:24 PM
How is your PS3 connected to your receiver?

BEK-46P
6th February 2010, 07:43 PM
Optical cable.

MAD-16V
6th February 2010, 08:14 PM
Does it only happen when you are trying to watch a Blu Ray? - If so go to Settings/Video Settings/BD Audio Output Format ( Optical Digital ) - And see what it is set to , My receiver will not output 5.1 if (Linear PCM) is selected - I change it to (Bitstream) and the 5.1 works fine.

If it's happening across the board with games and standard DVD's - There maybe a config issue with your receiver , Try to force dolby digital 5.1 on it , Make sure that your optical input is assigned correctly to the input you are using.

BEK-46P
6th February 2010, 09:26 PM
It happens with both DVD and Blu Ray. For some reason, my amp just doesn't receive the signal. Ther output format is set to Bitstream (I tried PCM, but nothing).

There isn't really a force Dolby Digital option on the amp, just one that toggles between analogue and digital.

I'll go back and check the cables/inputs, otherwise this is a very weird thing!

Thanks for your help.

gmonkey
6th February 2010, 09:44 PM
Myn does it with DTS games/movies.. because my amp doesnt recieve DTS signals and i have to use 2.1