PDA

View Full Version : How to change ur fuel intake to increase power dramatically to an Astra Sri?

brew92
2nd February 2010, 10:40 PM
Hey im new here but ill upload pics of my car soon as i have done alot of mods to the outside and inside of my car but now i am looking at increasing performance as i really do enjoy have power at the wheels.
can any1 give me some good suggestions and help?
thanks heaps

guy 27
2nd February 2010, 10:46 PM
I take it you have a 2.2 sri. best bang for buck mod is to supercharge.

otherwise just add a vec c cold intake, 2.25" cat back exhaust. If you want to go further with N/A tuning take a look at Brad's (daiflu) thread for inspiration. Its the quickest 2.2 astra in aus.

I would suggest working the car to be better suited for corners rather than straight lines first.

gmonkey
2nd February 2010, 11:18 PM
changin fuel intake would have 0 effect without any BIG mods (e.g. supercharger)

chrissn89
3rd February 2010, 10:05 AM
Matt (Auzvetra) i believe can re-map the ecu to add a few more ponies.

brew92
3rd February 2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the comments aye
im only a p-plater so i cant get a supercharger or turbo.
yeah i do that the 2.2L Sri and just wanna find ways to make it go abit faster although they do go pretty good hey.
keep the ideas comming :) thanks

Wraith
3rd February 2010, 01:06 PM
changin fuel intake would have 0 effect without any BIG mods (e.g. supercharger)

+ 1 the title of this thread dosn't make any sense...anyway that aside:

Best bang for buck power increase on 'ANY' petrol powered vehicle has always been and will always be the addition of a NOS kit - full stop !

As stated, the options available in this case are limited due to you being a P plater and I suspect budget constaints...

My suggestion is to go for a remap and take it from there...power increase will not be a dramatic one on this type of vehicle with a remap, but it's a start...

Other than that if you want more, you can go for mods that will cause probs for your P plate status and insurance requirements, so you'll have to keep them quiet/hidden or not bother - personal decision that one...

You could always hold on, wait till a few more years go buy, get off your P plates and by then with more budget to play with buy something else which satisfies your requirements/needs standard or from factory without having to go down the modification road - belive me, this is without doubt the far batter way to go...

You have options like a S/H MPS 3, Golf Gti, Astra turbo, etc. etc.

poita
3rd February 2010, 01:34 PM
being on your P's basically means no power modifications to the vehicle.

a remap is basically your only option

brc
3rd February 2010, 01:40 PM
being on your P's basically means no power modifications to the vehicle.

a remap is basically your only option

+1 peformance enhanced vehicle = illegal on p;s