PDA

View Full Version : Vectra CDXi in Melbourne.

Ascona
31st January 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone
I just bought a MY 2005 Vectra CDXi with 65,000 kms. and am impressed with the amount of information in this forum. I've got a lot of reading to do! I'm sure the answers to many newbie questions are there.
In the meantime, my first task is to get a Roadworthy Certificate and rear brakes done.
Do any members have any suggestions for a good place to get my car looked after in Melbourne? North East, Greensborough area.
Thanks
Mark
Also posted on the Vectra C Forum. Can't go wrong now, can I!

Ice
31st January 2010, 04:17 PM
nice one mate, a great car and there will be plenty of help for you here aswell.

as far as parts are concerned, generally the best thing is to do is get them from overseas but cross that hurdle when you get to it.

Brakes.....get them from "GSLrallysport" good prices and quality brakes.

guy 27
31st January 2010, 08:21 PM
Welcome to OA

Nurb608
31st January 2010, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the site mate!

As said, pm gslrallysport for a good price on brakes. If you need anything else, just yell out ;)

btm
1st February 2010, 11:43 AM
welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase!

Envy Ts
6th February 2010, 03:38 PM
Welcome to OA , This is one good forum to get great advice from.

Ascona
8th February 2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the advice and greetings, The car arrived off the truck from WA late last week. Rear pads & discs ordered from gslrallysport. Rego inspection booked for Friday, then I am in business. Of course I have a permit to drive it, but only for purposes of obtaining RWC. So I didn't take it for a spin as soon as it arrived on my favourite test track. Promise.

Nurb608
8th February 2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the advice and greetings, The car arrived off the truck from WA late last week. Rear pads & discs ordered from gslrallysport. Rego inspection booked for Friday, then I am in business. Of course I have a permit to drive it, but only for purposes of obtaining RWC. So I didn't take it for a spin as soon as it arrived on my favourite test track. Promise.

Good news mate, make sure you keep us updated :)

ChrisMaz
8th February 2010, 06:07 PM
Welcome mate!

Can't believe you stole a Veccy GTS away from W.A :p

Ascona
9th February 2010, 06:00 PM
Cheers!
It was cheap to bring over, and not many around, as this forum probably knows. There is an almost identical one on Carsales now http://tiny.cc/yJqIg, but I only need one of them!

PrincessPeachey
9th February 2010, 06:29 PM
Welcome :)

Now I dont feel so weird for buying my cars interstate LOL

Valve Bounce
10th February 2010, 04:26 PM
Welcome to OA dude! Congrats on the ride. Is it just me, or are Veccy C's now becoming a shyte load more popular around here?

SeeDeeXeye
24th February 2010, 06:51 PM
Welcome mate. Gotta love the CDXi! I just had my 120k service done on my CDXi, plus new shocks and drop links. New aux belt and tensioner. All good. Saved a fortune buying the parts from the UK. Dan at LMFVauxhall really knows his stuff. No problem whatsoever.