PDA

View Full Version : Happy australia day

ROCCO
26th January 2010, 10:24 AM
Hey fellow opelaussies.......just a quick message to enjoy your australia day and watch out for the nuffies on the roads today...there bound to be out there!! Have a good one!

sooty
26th January 2010, 10:54 AM
Happy Aus day guys!
Remember if you're having a few brewskies, leave the car where it's parked or give the keys to the sober ones, don't wanna see any OA'ers on the news.

boorny88
26th January 2010, 11:14 AM
happy aus day guys have a great and safe day

adam_92
26th January 2010, 03:46 PM
happy australia day opelaussers... have a good one

ASTRAY
26th January 2010, 04:28 PM
yep hope you are all having a good one guys.
lets see pics of flags on your cars. ive got 2 on mine.

Shay
26th January 2010, 07:23 PM
HAve a great day guys and if your in WA, good luck drinking in a public place...

Uno
26th January 2010, 07:26 PM
have a drink for every single member on the forum ! no actually, the money would be better spent on our cars :)

Neeko
26th January 2010, 08:39 PM
yep hope you are all having a good one guys.
lets see pics of flags on your cars. ive got 2 on mine.

very hard when your windows always wind back down if something is obstructing them

ASTRAY
26th January 2010, 09:05 PM
never thought of that, wonder why mine dont go back down,,,,,
though its not like its a real tight fit.
i used to just tape a flag to my aerial, but this year ruth got me the window ones...

hazrd
26th January 2010, 09:37 PM
there were some complete tools on the road driving home today

glad none of them were any of you :p

delemonte
27th January 2010, 12:19 AM
very hard when your windows always wind back down if something is obstructing them

Yeah, you gotta put the window up in small increments!! :p

Seriously, I reckon 2 out of every 3 cars I saw today had Aussie flags on them. Someone must have made a lot of money!

guy 27
27th January 2010, 12:21 AM
did anyone buy a flag that was made in Australia? I couldn't find one anywhere.

Neeko
27th January 2010, 12:50 AM

Seriously, I reckon 2 out of every 3 cars I saw today had Aussie flags on them. Someone must have made a lot of money!
i lost one of mine.

btm
27th January 2010, 09:24 AM
did anyone buy a flag that was made in Australia? I couldn't find one anywhere.
not sure if there are even any...

ASTRAY
27th January 2010, 05:38 PM

china.

Uno
27th January 2010, 06:04 PM
china.

And then woolworths :)

We were selling some of those little wave around flags for $2 each...

Shay
27th January 2010, 06:11 PM
pisses me off so much all the ppl that put flags on their cars, and wear all aussie logo'd/branded clothes, JUST FOR ONE DAY.

either be patriotic all year round, or just have a good day and celebrate OZ day without looking like a loser...

i personally didnt wear anything with the flag on it yesterday, yet ill wear my OZ cricket shirts around all year, and for ages had a southern cross on my window, and a flag on the parcel shelf, but i never put it there just for one day!!!!

/RANT

PaulyJ
27th January 2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah was great, till i dislocated my finger...

Shay
27th January 2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah was great, till i dislocated my finger...

go one mate, sounds like a good story behind this :p .....

Vectracious
27th January 2010, 06:35 PM
pisses me off so much all the ppl that put flags on their cars, and wear all aussie logo'd/branded clothes, JUST FOR ONE DAY.

either be patriotic all year round, or just have a good day and celebrate OZ day without looking like a loser...

i personally didnt wear anything with the flag on it yesterday, yet ill wear my OZ cricket shirts around all year, and for ages had a southern cross on my window, and a flag on the parcel shelf, but i never put it there just for one day!!!!

/RANT

+1 (except about the southern cross on your window :p )

PaulyJ
27th January 2010, 06:37 PM
go one mate, sounds like a good story behind this :p .....

At the beach, throwing the vortex around. Hit my finger and snapped it back.

Shay
27th January 2010, 06:56 PM
+1 (except about the southern cross on your window :p )

lol, its not there anymore.

At the beach, throwing the vortex around. Hit my finger and snapped it back.

Aww, not really that good of a story :p

Vectracious
27th January 2010, 07:00 PM
i know - a vortex sprained your finger? weak-sauce anyone? :p

PaulyJ
27th January 2010, 07:03 PM
I got a 6-pack of GFY in the fridge waiting for ya Pete!
2 local anesthetics and finger was snapped back into place.

Shay
27th January 2010, 07:04 PM
i know - a vortex sprained your finger? weak-sauce anyone? :p

lol, think Chrismarriotts thumb getting dislocated from epic oversteer is a better story

Shay
27th January 2010, 07:07 PM
where did the locals go in? pretty much near the second knuckle?

cos those alone hurt like a bitch...
prob more than the dislocation.

Vectracious
27th January 2010, 07:14 PM
I got a 6-pack of GFY in the fridge waiting for ya Pete!
2 local anesthetics and finger was snapped back into place.

only if it comes with a free Vortex.

lol, think Chrismarriotts thumb getting dislocated from epic oversteer is a better story

now thats a good story. :)

ROCCO
27th January 2010, 10:06 PM
Seriously...how the fark do you dislocate your finger with a vortex.....those things are made of foam arn't they?

xplosv57
28th January 2010, 12:07 AM
Seriously...how the fark do you dislocate your finger with a vortex.....those things are made of foam arn't they?

Pauly always manages to push the boundaries.............

ASTRAY
28th January 2010, 05:43 PM

/RANT

sorry shay but im going to have to disagree here mate.
i ALWAYS buy a flag for my car EVERY year. but i dont just have it on there for 1 day (i have 2 this year and they are both still on)
i keep them on my car untill they get tattered etc.
i am very very very proud to live in the best country in the world, although i am not in the army (i tried) i would fight for my country and die doing so.
having flags on my car around australia day is just my chance of saying "hey im bloody proud of my country".
i attend every anzac parade and attend a service every anzac day.
when the last post is being played, i stand tall, proud and silent, i think of all the men and women who have died defending this wonderful land, and without any shame ill let you all know there is not a anzac day where i dont cry while thinking of those men and women.
typing this alone is enough to cause my eyes to water.
the reason i cry is not because someone has died in the past, i cry from pride, pride for my country, and pride for my fellow countrymen who died fighting for our freedom.

hazrd
28th January 2010, 08:16 PM
And then woolworths :)

We were selling some of those little wave around flags for $2 each...

and guess where we at the DC get them from... u guessed it... off about 10 pallets that came off an indent line container that came off a boat.... from China lol

i dont hang the flag from my car coz the clips would scratch my tint
the second i open my mouth ppl know im a born bred yobbo so i dont need to bear the colors :p

poita
28th January 2010, 09:09 PM
the second i open my mouth ppl know im a born bred yobbo so i dont need to bear the colors :p

lol im in the same mould

Neeko
28th January 2010, 09:14 PM
and guess where we at the DC get them from... u guessed it... off about 10 pallets that came off an indent line container that came off a boat.... from China lol

i dont hang the flag from my car coz the clips would scratch my tint

the only reason i put the flags up is cos i removed the tint a day later :p

glider
28th January 2010, 09:32 PM
I did not do anything as these days I feel like the flag is being abused, more ofthen then not (especially within some social groups) it leads to people becoming fanatical and starts the '**** off we're full', speak australian or leave or w/e it is and other shit like that.

not being unpatriotic, just think that some people take it too far (and one day that'll bite us in the ass)

ASTRAY
29th January 2010, 08:41 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s33/jaysastra04/xmas%20lancer/DSC01041.jpg

ROCCO
29th January 2010, 09:11 PM
Lol

poita
29th January 2010, 10:51 PM

im pretending i dont know you right now

hazrd
29th January 2010, 10:55 PM

because he doesnt speak yobbo?

ASTRAY
29th January 2010, 11:22 PM

noh....pete, at least your pretending....

xplosv57
30th January 2010, 09:59 AM

Hahahaha funny as, except for the fact that you really should have a rusted out 80s commodore or falcon behind ya, not a spankers japanese lancer........

ASTRAY
30th January 2010, 10:27 AM
Hahahaha funny as, except for the fact that you really should have a rusted out 80s commodore or falcon behind ya, not a spankers japanese lancer........
yeah, except it was for a competition
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=3863&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15