PDA

View Full Version : Costco - tyre prices?

stevedee3
25th January 2010, 06:08 PM
Hi,

In the junk mail today I received a leaflet for Costco that mentioned they sell Bridgestone and Michelin tyres. Does anyone have any idea what the prices are like?

Thanks.

mmahle
25th January 2010, 08:34 PM
You have to pay $60 for membership to shop there.

Vectracious
25th January 2010, 10:19 PM
nothing on their website either - just a coupon for $50 off a complete set of tyres, which kind of makes membership $10.

Bet you they only have a limited range and limited sizes to choose from (eg Bridgestone RE92's)

djlech
25th January 2010, 10:50 PM
They had goodyear assurance 205/60/15 for $130 ea few weeks ago. You can always go there and check the price coz they have tyres in front of customer desk where u can easily enter :) and also car park is for free for the first 2 hours.

hazrd
26th January 2010, 10:17 PM
kind of on topic.... does anyone know if you are allowed IN the store without a membership? (so u can look around before considering getting one) or do u have to be a member before even setting foot in the door?

stevedee3
26th January 2010, 10:51 PM
kind of on topic.... does anyone know if you are allowed IN the store without a membership? (so u can look around before considering getting one) or do u have to be a member before even setting foot in the door?
From http://www.costco.com.au/MV/Faq.aspx

Can I bring in a friend who is not a member?
Sure. You may bring up to two guests into the warehouse each time you shop, though only Costco members may purchase items.

Sounds like you have to either be a member or go with someone else who is.

hazrd
26th January 2010, 10:56 PM
yeah i read that... but i dont know any members :(

Vectracious
26th January 2010, 10:58 PM

says on the website you need to show your card on entering - so yeah as steevedee said, you need to have "connections"

although on the first week it opened - anyone could go in I think - maybe they have toughened up the rules since.

JohnBu
27th January 2010, 12:01 PM
You could join up, have a look around, make a few purchases, order tyres, etc, and then cancel your membership 11 months later for a full refund.

I joined up and then canceled my membership as it just wasn't worth it for me.. plus the fact I don't really want to buy 300 rolls of dunny paper or 20 tubes of toothpaste at a time.

brc
27th January 2010, 04:04 PM
Anyone interested, I have a business membership there.

PO15KA
28th January 2010, 06:20 PM
says on the website you need to show your card on entering - so yeah as steevedee said, you need to have "connections"

although on the first week it opened - anyone could go in I think - maybe they have toughened up the rules since.

they "eased up" the rules on the opening week...now back to standard rules...no membership or no person with membership accompany you = no entry