PDA

View Full Version : Finally thought Id post up here

liam
23rd January 2010, 07:18 PM
Im 17 currently still at school in Bowral at Chevalier college. Once Ive finished school I want to study science and law to later hopefully become a barrister. My hobbies include cycling, shooting and ofcourse car stuff!

I drive a 2007 black astra ah 5dr which is soon to undergo modification.

bender
23rd January 2010, 08:00 PM
welcome dude

Nurb608
23rd January 2010, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the site ;)

sooty
23rd January 2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome mate

guy 27
23rd January 2010, 09:33 PM
Welcome to OA.

whats your plans with the car?

Uno
23rd January 2010, 09:48 PM
Welcome bras. You got some nice hobbies there :L

liam
24th January 2010, 09:01 AM
Talon front bar and grill
lowered on kings
either black 18's or 19's
Full Hifonics sound system (still searching for a creative installer)
Clarion 7" touch headunit
Still searching for a nice rear bar
Dual exhaust
Air intake
drilled and slotted rotors
Rear anti sway bar
Possibly change my tail lights (black brows at the moment with full black spoiler light)
Multifunction swapout to GPS unit (already done)
Complete debadge

Id also love to get a VXR interior in there but finding them over here is a pain (or even just a leather interior!)

Im not trying for that "pimped" look , after all it is only an astra Id just like it to look a little bit more aggressive

Thanks for the welcome!

lithium
24th January 2010, 11:41 AM
welcome :) good choices for modifications, i wouldn't go further than what you've decided on. post up pics as the work gets done :)

delemonte
24th January 2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the site man ;)

:Yay for Hifonics :D
:Go to Greg (GSL Rally Sport) for ya rotors, pads, and sway bar. But IMO just get slotted rotors unless you plan on doing track work..

liam
24th January 2010, 11:59 AM
Not planning on any track work, it was more of an appearance thing really but it will all depend on which wheels I settle for. The sway bar I wanted just to stiffen it up a touch around the corners..

Any suggestions for a good audio installer?

delemonte
24th January 2010, 12:17 PM
Sorry, I wasn't talking down the sway bar. I meant just get slotted rotors as opposed to slotted+drilled rotors.
Sway bay is a great money:result mod!

delemonte
24th January 2010, 12:21 PM
Good audio installer? Basically just stay away from Strathfield or JB unless you've had a chat with the installer before-hand and it sounds like they know what they're talking about.

Otherwise, just exploit an able friend.. ;)
I would offer to but I'm up in QLD...

liam
24th January 2010, 12:35 PM
The thing is I love nice installs, I really want to see the sub and amp sunk into the wheel well, with carbon fibre... Im very capable carpentry wise and I know I can with time get the result I want.... its the damn electrical I dont have a clue with. Like wiring I can follow the manual but powering it all up ect?

btm
25th January 2010, 09:26 AM
welcome to the site mate

lovely part of the world where you come from, love it down there!

CNBLU
25th January 2010, 09:29 AM
Welcome matey, nice list of mods you got there

ASTRAY
25th January 2010, 07:07 PM
+1 lovely part of the world, one of my mates lives in thirlmere.
as for the electrical side of audio, it really is pretty easy mate, the gear should come with some sort of installation instructions, and diagrams too.
if you ge3t stuck or are unsure of something, just pop a question up in the audio section and you will find a fair few people here are more than willing to help you on the right path.

liam
25th January 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks ashtray, I think Im slowly getting it. My biggest problem at the moment is fitting the door speakers. I was supplied 6.5 inch splits for the doors by a custom shop, Im yet to take the door cards off but I dont think it will fit can anyone confirm this (I dont care if the front of the speaker is visible or behind the grill) Im almost certain that the rear doors wont hide them so I might make a custom parcel shelf

liam
25th January 2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the compliments on my location too! However beautiful it may be the whole place shuts down after 10... not much to do for people my age..... Other than play with your car! lol

poita
25th January 2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks ashtray, I think Im slowly getting it. My biggest problem at the moment is fitting the door speakers. I was supplied 6.5 inch splits for the doors by a custom shop, Im yet to take the door cards off but I dont think it will fit can anyone confirm this (I dont care if the front of the speaker is visible or behind the grill) Im almost certain that the rear doors wont hide them so I might make a custom parcel shelf

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you have just become my new best friend

liam
25th January 2010, 09:43 PM
Whoops sorry astray, really didnt mean that!

ASTRAY
26th January 2010, 12:13 AM

i am unsure of the AH speaker sizes, but you can buy spacers/adaptors from ebay.
you could always customise your doors :ihih:

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?16493-10inch-in-front-doors-of-04-astra-ts/page8

ROCCO
26th January 2010, 11:41 AM
LOL ASHTRAY....very original...surprised someone hasn't already thought of it hehe....BTW welcome mate

ASTRAY
26th January 2010, 04:19 PM
LOL ASHTRAY....very original...surprised someone hasn't already thought of it hehe....BTW welcome mate

just about everyone says it. i just put it down to people not knowing how to read...pete

liam
27th January 2010, 12:18 AM
Very nice ASTRAY haha. The spacing rings, do they fit inside or outside of the door cards?

ASTRAY
27th January 2010, 05:40 PM
it would be inside the trims mate, but bolted/screwed to the door metal.

liam
27th January 2010, 07:10 PM
Ok so it would all go, door metal, spacer, speaker then door card. Perfect mate exactly what I needed. Hopefully Ill start on this in the next month

ASTRAY
28th January 2010, 12:29 AM
Ok so it would all go, door metal, spacer, speaker then door card. Perfect mate exactly what I needed. Hopefully Ill start on this in the next month
yes. that is how it goes.
the door trim doesnt join to the speaker in any way, it just kinda sits there.