PDA

View Full Version : Headlight repair kit??

amez89
21st January 2010, 02:34 PM
Came across this on the net... Had anyone tried it? or something similar??

http://www.glassylite.net.au/

$30 for the kit...

What do u reckon?

guy 27
21st January 2010, 03:05 PM
Similar products have been discussed here before and tried by some users and have not done anything. there was another product someone used that did work well. (it actually had a clear coat to apply)

I have restored quite a few headlights over the past year.
My method is to sand down with 1000 followed by 2000 then 3000.
Then using a plastic polish such as Meguiars Plastic X to buff up to near new condition. If your buffing by hand it will take a good solid hour on each light or if you have a machine buffer, use on around 1500-2000rpm and never spend too much time on one area so you don't burn the plastic.

Another option you have is to sand down then clear coat them to give extra protection.

DAHUI
21st January 2010, 06:35 PM
Def buy this product.. awsome results.. i had badly oxidised/uv damaged headlights and used this kit and it looks brand new... dont need to use a clear coat etc and the kit comes with everything you'll need.
the kit uses a nano sealer which recoats the lights with a uv sealer.. so need to buff..

JR
15th February 2010, 04:17 PM
Came across this on the net... Had anyone tried it? or something similar??

http://www.glassylite.net.au/

$30 for the kit...

What do u reckon?

This stuff is good!!! bought it 2 weeks ago n tried it over the weekend.
why good? cause it took me less than 10min each headlight...with my hand. and the results were amazing.
i've always been skeptical about these scratch/dull/color remover kits. but i got to a point of no return.
i'm pleased with the result. better than i expected!!

the time u require with this is amazing, when compared to other products out there. all the instructions r there in the kit, but essentially here is wat i did:-
1. with running water flowing over the headlight, sand down (up/down, left/right, circular) with 1500. approx 2-3 mins.
2. with running water flowing over the headlight, sand down (up/down, left/right, circular) with 3000. approx 2-3 mins.
3. dry headlight
4. polish for approx. 2-3 mins.
5. wash headlight with detergent
6. use nano sealant. buff for 30 secs.

done.
the results r amazing. i can't stop looking my headlights - its like they're new again!!

highly recommend - mainly for the time/effort required.

J
15th February 2010, 11:26 PM
This stuff is good!!! bought it 2 weeks ago n tried it over the weekend.
why good? cause it took me less than 10min each headlight...with my hand. and the results were amazing.

i can't stop looking my headlights - its like they're new again!!

highly recommend - mainly for the time/effort required.

I am in the same situation too, JR. Basically, it is becoming a safety issue (due the lack of light coming through the lens), so thinking of doing something for my passengers and my sake...sooner rather than later!

Do you have any before and after pictures? Do they light up the road better for you at night now?