PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer warnings

hazrd
19th January 2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.newsfactor.com/news/IE-Warning-Hurts-Microsoft-in-Europe/story.xhtml?story_id=102003IMXJI0&full_skip=1

just heard it's about to be aired on the late night news ... Wonder if it will make it's way to oz

Nurb608
19th January 2010, 08:57 PM
Sounds more like microsoft handing out backdoor codes so everyone will update to IE8 so they don't get compatability complaints about the previous versions of IE :p

Vectracious
19th January 2010, 08:59 PM
yeah have upgraded all our PC's at work to IE8. Can't be fagged installing Firefox on them...

hazrd
19th January 2010, 09:01 PM
Lol that actually wouldn't surprise me!!
Means our windows 7 upgrade at work will be brought forward :D only gettin upgraded coz m$ won't support xp anymore lol

Nurb608
19th January 2010, 09:07 PM
Lol that actually wouldn't surprise me!!
Means our windows 7 upgrade at work will be brought forward :D only gettin upgraded coz m$ won't support xp anymore lol

Finally got my I.T. dept to give me IE8 the other day (because i couldn't view OA properly :) )

Only issue is they didn't upgrade flash or instal the IE8 updates so now my whole computer hangs, grrrrr

hazrd
19th January 2010, 09:09 PM
Lol I.t fail :p

Nurb608
19th January 2010, 09:13 PM
I.T. slackness :)

The last guy there used to just give me admin privlages for the day and update it myself, lol

chrissn89
19th January 2010, 09:32 PM
your IT guys suck. We can basically do what ever we wish :)

ROCCO
19th January 2010, 09:35 PM
your IT guys suck. We can basically do what ever we wish :)

No I think my works IT dept suck more. Basically i asked them to update my IE to IE8 from IE6...wanted to know why I said first its bloody old....second it freezes when reading the www.news.com.au website.

So waht do they do?? Disable flash and say its fixed...dumb shits....so I went and downloaded the portable app version of firefox...now I can access OA from work and all the other sites in glourious flash....stupid shits hahaha

Nurb608
19th January 2010, 09:38 PM
No I think my works IT dept suck more. Basically i asked them to update my IE to IE8 from IE6...wanted to know why I said first its bloody old....second it freezes when reading the www.news.com.au website.

So waht do they do?? Disable flash and say its fixed...dumb shits....so I went and downloaded the portable app version of firefox...now I can access OA from work and all the other sites in glourious flash....stupid shits hahaha

lol, i just said i couldn't even access my works website as it only works with IE8 properly :)

poita
19th January 2010, 09:38 PM
bypassed out stupid work terminals
ie6 win xp, isdn connection

take my laptop to work (well before it died) and use one of our 2 wireless networks.
so much quicker

ROCCO
20th January 2010, 09:46 AM
@NURB...I tried that...damn IT dept called my bluff...remotly logged into my puter and access the works website worked fine. Said IE6 is old and gay can you update it to IE8, hell I even downloaded the installer from home and uploaded to my desk top all they needed to give me was admin rights for 30 min to install it and all would have been good....but no.
So I went to portableapps.com and downloaded firefox...now I have ff running with flash...just copied to folder to my documents nad have it running off the computer with usb stick...where theres a will there a ways hehe

Kudrow
21st January 2010, 07:24 PM
bypassed out stupid work terminals
ie6 win xp, isdn connection

Oh they're great.