PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise

ROCCO
14th January 2010, 10:46 AM
Basically woke up this morning spotted a screw in the face of my tyre. I took it to beaurepairs and got them to repair the tyre. All good so I thought...now when I drive between 50kmh and 80kmh I can hear a ticking noise i'm pretty sure from the right front (the wheel they took off to repair) any idea what it could be??

guy 27
14th January 2010, 10:49 AM
excess glue and rubber from the repair.
give it a bit more of a drive and it should go away.

ROCCO
14th January 2010, 10:50 AM
Phew....I love you guy (not really just a figure of speach) ...just what I wanted to hear hehe

guy 27
14th January 2010, 10:52 AM
no issues. I had to repair a tyre on a car here a couple of days ago and had the exact same issue. went away after around 100km.

ROCCO
15th January 2010, 09:31 AM
god it giving me the shits....I almost want to drop a burnout to see if that makes it go away but I would probably destroy my tyres lol

ope11
15th January 2010, 11:36 AM
hey guys ,,check ur wheel weights as they come lose,,same thing happen to me, took ages to find , sometimes the glue that holds them on dosen't work ...Also if u get u tires on,drive carefully because excessive spinning tyres dosen't help as when they wheel balance,new weights go on..hope this helps :)

ROCCO
15th January 2010, 01:32 PM
naa I didn't spin them...just drove normal had my window down and noticed it drive from the tyre joint. I've sent them an email just waiting to here back. Never though about the wheel weights might have to have a look.

Update: Spoke to beaurepairs basically they said to drive it this weekend and see how it goes If its still making that noise they recommend I take it back get them to look at it and also do a wheel alignment as well...FFS