PDA

View Full Version : ultra tune suck

wild_child
13th January 2010, 06:04 PM
Hi,
Went to Ultra Tune today to see about getting the car checked out for a few issues and the guy kept bagging the astras and vectras out for the problems they have. He told me they are all run on computers (der) and that it would have to put it on to their diagnostic machine which cost them $15,000 and that it would cost me $65 and then it was up to the owner to decided weather to go through with the work, which is fine with me but said i would be better to trade it in. Then continued to bag them out so I told him I was disgusted with his attitude and that I was a member of a website for these cars and because my car was german/european he was not interested in it. I told him I would not be coming back there or recomending anyone else to go to them. Mind you as I walked off his wife said i could book it in next wednesday and i told her you have to be joking.

hazrd
13th January 2010, 06:11 PM
its not all ultratunes. remember they are franchises

my one is A+ and have been great with all three of our cars

Jerram
13th January 2010, 06:15 PM
Hi,
Went to Ultra Tune today to see about getting the car checked out for a few issues and the guy kept bagging the astras and vectras out for the problems they have. He told me they are all run on computers (der) and that it would have to put it on to their diagnostic machine which cost them $15,000 and that it would cost me $65 and then it was up to the owner to decided weather to go through with the work, which is fine with me but said i would be better to trade it in. Then continued to bag them out so I told him I was disgusted with his attitude and that I was a member of a website for these cars and because my car was german/european he was not interested in it. I told him I would not be coming back there or recomending anyone else to go to them. Mind you as I walked off his wife said i could book it in next wednesday and i told her you have to be joking.

not at all an attitude condusive to getting business - he's the one losing money!

oh and $65 to tech II (15ks worth of tech II lol) - what a joke! You can almost buy a fault code reader for that much.

Maybe Astray (he lives there right?) knows a good mechanic around that area.

hazrd
13th January 2010, 06:17 PM
yes, maybe astray could help u out :p

where is that lazy bastard hehehehehe

HoldenAstra
13th January 2010, 07:05 PM
Got a logbook service quote toady at Ultra Tune Burwood:
Main items are:
1, Oil and Filter Change
2, Brake Fluid Change
3, Coolant Change
4, Spark Plugs

The quote is $415.

I said Thanks and asked the Castrol EDGE 5W-30 they are selling, $65, what a shock!

Everyone want to rip you off these days!

wild_child
13th January 2010, 07:16 PM
yes, maybe astray could help u out :p

where is that lazy bastard hehehehehe

Well Hazard he is sitting on the floor in front of me lol and it was his astra now it is mine lol

wild_child
13th January 2010, 07:17 PM
not at all an attitude condusive to getting business - he's the one losing money!

oh and $65 to tech II (15ks worth of tech II lol) - what a joke! You can almost buy a fault code reader for that much.

Maybe Astray (he lives there right?) knows a good mechanic around that area.
yes Astray lives here in my house lol and no he doesnt no any good mechanics lol
Astray is my b/f

ASTRAY
13th January 2010, 07:42 PM
i have a tech2 and elm27 so the fault codes arent the problem. its thew noise in the gearbox when decellerating, oil leak, and it just needs to be tuned to get her running smooth again.

ASTRAY
13th January 2010, 07:45 PM
engine flush , oil filter, air filter, spark plugs etc etc were done on the weekend by me, fk that oil was filthy, even the 2nd flush was.
its running heaps better now, but still not perfect.

glider
13th January 2010, 07:54 PM
theres your problem, the astra has been thrashed all its life, you've been given a lemon :swg:

ASTRAY
13th January 2010, 07:56 PM
theres your problem, the astra has been thrashed all its life, you've been given a lemon :swg:
well yes she has been thrashed, and perhaps somethings broken, but its not like the entire car is screwed.

wild_child
13th January 2010, 08:00 PM

yeah I am getting that feeling lol. However I want to get her fixed up and running sweet just need to find a good mechanic who wants some work and money

glider
13th January 2010, 08:02 PM
I hope you're both not on the same keyboard ;)

wild_child
13th January 2010, 08:07 PM
I hope you're both not on the same keyboard ;)

yeah i am sittin on his lap lmao

ASTRAY
13th January 2010, 08:08 PM
bouncing and rotating. wanna join us?

oneightoo
13th January 2010, 08:11 PM
bouncing and rotating. wanna join us?

well i guess it is your birthday.

prolly best we all let you take this one solo :p

ASTRAY
13th January 2010, 08:17 PM
well i guess it is your birthday.

prolly best we all let you take this one solo :p

more the merrier hey?

delemonte
13th January 2010, 08:47 PM
I randomly had a chat ages ago with the main dude from the UltraTune at Booval up here and he seemed to have pretty positive things to say about Astras.. He did mention that they're not especially cheap to maintain tho and also a few other minor things that commonly can go wrong with them

delemonte
13th January 2010, 08:52 PM
At the same time, IMHO, if the car hasn't been maintained well up until now it might be an un-ending nightmare! Buying replacement parts due to any previously-induced damage can get exxy.. $$$ :(

IMHO, particularly with Opels, if you maintain it properly it should be alright; don't maintain it properly, say goodbye to economy and reliability