PDA

View Full Version : Rip off?

R3N
27th September 2004, 05:42 PM
I just got my eyelids in the post today. Started off going good and then I couldn't wait to mock fit them on my car, after finding out it wasn't quite like in the picture I was a little disappointed, so I emailed them a scolding and felt a little better, although I have no patience and want them to reply now. Anyway off I went to a couple of panel and paints' near my place, waited AT LEAST 15 mins before someone served me :evil: then one place wanted 260 to fit and paint em and the next one wanted 200!

WTF mate! I'm deciding on abandoning the whole eyelids thing cos the price just put me off soooo much. Anyone know where I can get them done for a good price? (in Perth)

That's my rant for today :(

ultim8DTM5
27th September 2004, 05:48 PM
DIY, and you won't get a reply :P

Dregger
27th September 2004, 06:43 PM
how do they fit, dont they just glue on ???

NUTTTR
27th September 2004, 06:54 PM
dead set?! holy crap!!!
My mum's car was in getting work done and i referred her there, so he did my eyelids for free!!! Lucky! $200 is a rip..... you CAN fit them yourself, get them fitted 100% and work out how they fit BEFORE you paint them, so all you have to do then is glue them on!
Aaron
P.S. Ask about getting the whole car colour coded........ they charge that much because they have to mix a batch of paint... it'll prolly only cost an extra 100 or so for the whole car to be colour coded

blueraven
27th September 2004, 07:40 PM
haha.. what a rip.. most places will charge less than $300 to do your whole front bumper :P i got all my side strips (10 pieces) , and my door handles done for $350

R3N
27th September 2004, 10:00 PM
I did ask about getting the whole car colour coded there... get ready $1000, he still includes the $200 for the eyelids. Yea they just glue on but they have to be prepped and yada yada yada. So I might have a go myself, have to find a colour match paint for Star Silver first, got primer all ready to go. BTW, with fitting, anyone know what to use apart from double sided tape (the black ones)?

NUTTTR
27th September 2004, 10:16 PM
Yes.....
Didn't it come with special tube of "P1"????
I did....... it is BLOODY EXCELLENT for gluing them on, otherwise use selleys all-clear, works a treat, just use a LITTLE bit in small blobs, because the idea is you want them FLAT on the headlight, not sitting up :) Do that and it'll work a treat
Aaron

R3N
28th September 2004, 12:51 AM
I've got some selleys all-clear... I think, lying around somewhere. If I can't find em I'll go buy some then somehow the old one magically appears. Do they come off at all after that? If you want to take them off that is...

NUTTTR
28th September 2004, 06:16 AM
it WILL come off if you want it too, the glue will still be all over the headlight and you may destroy the eyelids in the process, it's a bitch to get them off.......
Aaron

astrix
28th September 2004, 09:10 AM
There are three "star silver " colours.
Found a realy good match for star silver #3 at Autobarn.
The paint number is - A364B

InsaneAsylum
28th September 2004, 08:06 PM
get your paint code off your compliance plate, then head down to paintmobile and get a pressure pack made up. costs about $25 and it's enough to do a set of side skirts and a little more.

SplogSRiT
28th September 2004, 10:22 PM
spend a few hours going thru the yellow pages r3n. I'm sure some joint in midland would do it for a carton swanies if you ask nicely :D