PDA

View Full Version : Opel Badges???

KiwiSRi
9th January 2010, 07:42 PM
Hi all just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some opel badges for my 02 barina (front and back) have tried e-bay but not sure if I really wanna go that route just in case they go a funny colour or peel or something equally fun...
ALSO my partner reckons I should paint them orange (to match my pinstriping in my paint) but I'm not convinced has anyone tried painting them and does it work??? Black might look alright but my thought is keep them chrome??? Opinions would be valued!!!!

guy 27
9th January 2010, 07:47 PM
most of us get them from ebay uk. quality is fine.
As for sizes wait for one of the corsa owners to pop in.

If you want to paint them just use the usual paint technique. (sand, primer, paint, clear.)

ChrisMaz
9th January 2010, 07:48 PM
Ebay is generally fine. I've got all my badges from this store. Cheap and reliable. Generally receive them within 10 days of ordering.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/OPELISE-1st-for-Brand-New-GM-Badges__W0QQ_armrsZ1

However if you want to opelise the front of the corsa you may need to get a new grille. Corsa boys will be able to clarify.

Theres also Irmscher-Bitz.com 100% reliable but prices can be a bit steep.

KiwiSRi
9th January 2010, 07:50 PM
cool cool had a look and they seem good just a matter of sizing now so yeah if anyone knows sizing off the top of their head would be helpful!

adam_92
9th January 2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?25331-ADAM_92-s-corsa-c

check out my thread, i just bought some off someone from here and painted them black but they only really go on the back as they are too smal for the front grill and to replace the grill one you need the whole chrome strip with the badge from ebay.de (german ebay) hope this helps (the badges arent the proper size ones but they fit and they also cover the pin holes and are cheaper than other places).

KiwiSRi
9th January 2010, 08:18 PM
awesome looks good! thanks for help with sizing too :)

gmonkey
10th January 2010, 02:11 AM
or do wat a corsa b owner did i spotted at the shop the other day and get a opel domed badge for the front... (didnt look very good, they had vauxhall but)

J
10th January 2010, 10:57 PM
to replace the grill one you need the whole chrome strip with the badge from ebay.de (german ebay) hope this helps (the badges arent the proper size ones but they fit and they also cover the pin holes and are cheaper than other places).

Great info adam_92!

Just noticed that yours might be the facelifted model, and KiwiSRi might be driving the 2002 model, which is pre-facelift, and same as mine. If that's the case, then KiwiSRi might only need the front badge by itself, because there would be no chrome strip on it in the first place, which means it could cost KiwiSRi even less! :cornut: But hey, I haven't Opelised mine yet, so I am sure other Corsa C people can confirm this. I am happy to stand corrected :thumbs:

P.S.: Oh, and welcome to OpelAus, KiwiSRi! We hope you enjoy your stay :yesnod:

KiwiSRi
11th January 2010, 09:32 PM
Great info adam_92!

Just noticed that yours might be the facelifted model, and KiwiSRi might be driving the 2002 model, which is pre-facelift, and same as mine. If that's the case, then KiwiSRi might only need the front badge by itself, because there would be no chrome strip on it in the first place, which means it could cost KiwiSRi even less! :cornut: But hey, I haven't Opelised mine yet, so I am sure other Corsa C people can confirm this. I am happy to stand corrected :thumbs:

P.S.: Oh, and welcome to OpelAus, KiwiSRi! We hope you enjoy your stay :yesnod:
thanks!!! nah mine doesn't have the chrome strip so will *hopefully* get away with just the badge ahhh i love my car more and more each day lol legend dude legend :)