PDA

View Full Version : Have you been ripped-off by Holden?

BEK-46P
8th January 2010, 04:15 PM
Dunno if this has been done before, but is it considered slander to have a thread listing the extortionary prices charged by Holden for their parts/service?

Maybe it can be moved to the Knowledge Base section(?) :ihih:

I'll start off:

Holden charge $4 for each one of those 6mm screws that hold your AH headlight in place (to the chassis).

(A pack of 20 very similar -- yet ultimately incorrect -- screws from Supercheap cost $5)

They also charge $150 for the 100mm x 100mm plastic panel that covers your roof wiring (next to your interior light).

(Instead of buying a new one, you can fix your broken one with a piece of Blu-Tak which can be purchased from your local newsagent for about $7)

EDIT:
It'd be a good idea if we could list cheaper alternatives, either non-genuine methods or even Bro-tek :swg:

hazrd
8th January 2010, 04:20 PM
i believe its considered slander if you are directly having a go at them..... however, listing what you have paid, or retrieved quotes for parts, is not ;)

for my commodore - $120 for the plastic speaker covers in the back
for my calibra - $300 for a knock sensor

imay
8th January 2010, 04:23 PM
I have heard around the traps that the ENTIRE COMPLETE PAINTED AND EVERYTHING FITTED front bumper assembly for the latest model Commodore costs Holden $98! How much do they charge for an unprimed piece of plastic?
I know a new (if you can still get them!) Astra G SRiT front bumper complete unpainted costs the purchaser around the $3000 mark.

imay
8th January 2010, 04:44 PM
In hindsight, I will add that I fully appreciate that this is not isolated to Holden. I am sure ALL manufacturers carry out this same rort to the same extent. I knew it existed, I was just somewhat surprised of how ridiculous, nay ludicrous, the mark-ups can be.

Nurb608
8th January 2010, 05:01 PM
Water pump for a 3.2L Veccy C, Holden want $550. Or you could get it from the uk for $55 plus delivery :)

hazrd
8th January 2010, 05:01 PM
well i can now say that for a set of alloy wheel nuts for a magna from mitsubishi is...... $11... EACH

poita
8th January 2010, 07:14 PM
never have been, i ring them first for prices, then ring Autovaux.

i go with the cheaper :)

HoldenAstra
8th January 2010, 09:33 PM
I am living very close to Suttons Holden Homebush.
Bought 4 plastic rivets which are used on the grille(the plastic middle part was missing when I pushed it out) from there, $3.5 each.

But I understand that price there is high because the high cost on stocking all the parts.

Danboy_LMF
8th January 2010, 10:31 PM
Some of those prices are very scary, obviously here we can supply parts for all Opel models and even with the expense of shipping its still a lot cheaper, thats just shocking :lol:

Are those front bumpers seriously around $3000?? I've just worked out what we charge for the bumper fully complete and even with shipping works out about half that price.

hazrd
8th January 2010, 10:33 PM
yup... 3k :eek:

Danboy_LMF
8th January 2010, 10:38 PM
yup... 3k :eek:

Thats just wrong lol :lol: robbing ******* lol

imay
8th January 2010, 10:39 PM
Are those front bumpers seriously around $3000?? I've just worked out what we charge for the bumper fully complete and even with shipping works out about half that price.

That's the bumper, all grilles, fog lights (different prices left to right for lights and grilles by the way) and necessary clips, screws, etc. Then you have to paint it!
So, if you can do a half price deal, there could be some takers on here still as they are very hard to come by over here.

Nurb608
8th January 2010, 10:45 PM
Dan,

Have you guys updated your site with the new VAT?, just need to see how much I take off these days :)

poita
9th January 2010, 12:18 AM
a calibra rear bar from olden, supply only, does not include bumpstrips or number plate lights was $1200-1500 dependin on which dealer i spoke to

gmonkey
9th January 2010, 12:23 AM
paid $25 for an oil filter for my car down from $40 :p that was cheapest he said he could do... BS (i like to barter).. also did you know the services you get done at holden are also barterable.. no joke! 100% true

ChrisMaz
9th January 2010, 12:25 AM
900 bucks for a minor service. Didn't even fill in the log book or reset the service light.

Danboy_LMF
9th January 2010, 04:01 AM
Dan,

Have you guys updated your site with the new VAT?, just need to see how much I take off these days :)

Yea website is staying as it so just take off the 17.5% VAT and thats your price :)

Danboy_LMF
9th January 2010, 04:04 AM
That's the bumper, all grilles, fog lights (different prices left to right for lights and grilles by the way) and necessary clips, screws, etc. Then you have to paint it!
So, if you can do a half price deal, there could be some takers on here still as they are very hard to come by over here.

On our website we do the Astra G GSI front bumper complete with fogs, grilles, undertray etc

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=1146&cat=1524&page=1

Keep'emRunning
9th January 2010, 09:03 AM
plastic brake vac one way valve $110.

Same part for a toyota.. $25.

sooty
11th January 2010, 10:44 AM
I am living very close to Suttons Holden Homebush.
Bought 4 plastic rivets which are used on the grille(the plastic middle part was missing when I pushed it out) from there, $3.5 each.

But I understand that price there is high because the high cost on stocking all the parts.

$1.20 each when i bought them. ;)

HoldenAstra
11th January 2010, 12:59 PM
$1.20 each when i bought them. ;)

That's a BARGAIN!

Ice
11th January 2010, 01:50 PM
this thread should be titled......who hasnt been....ripped by holden.

Nurb608
11th January 2010, 02:02 PM
this thread should be titled......who hasnt been....ripped by holden.

+1

Don't think too many of us have actually gotten them to do the actual work.

nuggz
11th January 2010, 02:22 PM
never been ripped by them =)

been there a few times for prices and walked out laughing

mania
11th January 2010, 02:36 PM
$50 for a pollen filter... or maybe it was $35? I was shocked anyway.

poita
11th January 2010, 02:44 PM
$12 for my pollen filter.

same as 98n rodeo

TheOperator
12th January 2010, 04:16 PM
Just remember that Holden's standard labor rate is between 108 and 122 per Hour!!!

They pay their "technicians" no more than $22 per Hour, now you see where the big rip off comes from :wink5:

blueraven
12th January 2010, 07:57 PM
pfft who hasnt